The forums moved on March 1, 2021. Please read this page for more information.

Multi-multi-multi sprint

11 posts / 0 new
Last post
arenson9
arenson9's picture
ModeratorPlaytester
Multi-multi-multi sprint

If Dawn uses Brisk Effulgence (Each ally in Citizen Dawn's line of sight may sprint.) and Proletariat has Sickle Formation in play (Whenever a Proletariat sprints for the first time each turn, all other proletaraits may sprint.), and there are three Proletariats in Dawn's line of Sight, do they each get to sprint three times for nine total Proletariat sprints?

If so, if Proletariat A and Proletariat B are both in Dawn's line of sight and then Dawn has Proletariat A sprint, which allows Proletariat B to sprint, and Proletariat B then sprints to a hex that is NOT in Dawn's line of sight, does Dawn still allow Proletariat B to sprint again?

Also, if Proletariat A is in Dawn's line of sight, but Proletariat C is NOT in Dawn's line of Sight and then Dawn has Proletariat A sprint, which allows Proletariat C to sprint to a hex that IS in Dawn's line of sight, does Dawn then allow Proletariat C to sprint?

Hi. My name's Andy. Feel free to call me Andy, since, ya know, that's my name. (he/him/his)

If I am not for myself, who will be for me? If not now, when? If I am for myself alone, what am I? -- Hillel

MigrantP
MigrantP's picture

I'm not sure but whenever I hear "Brisk Effulgence" I imagine a team of elderly Citizens in brilliant spandex power-walking in formation down the sidewalk.

Lead Bit Flipper, Handelabra Games
Developer of Sentinels, Bottom of the 9th, and Spirit Island

lutherbellhendricksv
lutherbellhendricksv's picture
Game Designer

arenson9 wrote:

If Dawn uses Brisk Effulgence (Each ally in Citizen Dawn's line of sight may sprint.) and Proletariat has Sickle Formation in play (Whenever a Proletariat sprints for the first time each turn, all other proletaraits may sprint.), and there are three Proletariats in Dawn's line of Sight, do they each get to sprint three times for nine total Proletariat sprints? If so, if Proletariat A and Proletariat B are both in Dawn's line of sight and then Dawn has Proletariat A sprint, which allows Proletariat B to sprint, and Proletariat B then sprints to a hex that is NOT in Dawn's line of sight, does Dawn still allow Proletariat B to sprint again? Also, if Proletariat A is in Dawn's line of sight, but Proletariat C is NOT in Dawn's line of Sight and then Dawn has Proletariat A sprint, which allows Proletariat C to sprint to a hex that IS in Dawn's line of sight, does Dawn then allow Proletariat C to sprint?

Proletariat is still just one ally. Brisk Effulgence will let Proletariat sprint one time. Sickle Formation will make that one per Proletariat.

arenson9
arenson9's picture
ModeratorPlaytester

lutherbellhendricksv wrote:

Proletariat is still just one ally. Brisk Effulgence will let Proletariat sprint one time. Sickle Formation will make that one per Proletariat.

Thanks.

Followup question. This is about opinion/strategy rather than rules. Why does Sickle Formation exist, given that Overwhelm also exists? I understand that by playing both of them you could have all Proletariats Move and Sprint in the same turn. I also understand that by playing Sickle Formation you can have Dawn use Brisk Effulgence to have all Proletariats sprint. Still, it seems like a relatively unhelpful power.

Hi. My name's Andy. Feel free to call me Andy, since, ya know, that's my name. (he/him/his)

If I am not for myself, who will be for me? If not now, when? If I am for myself alone, what am I? -- Hillel

Rath
Playtester

As far as I'm concerned, Sickle Formation exists in order to position your Proletariats for an Overwhelm attack. It's still a little lackluster, though.

phantaskippy
phantaskippy's picture
Playtester

It is definitely situational, but there are situations where those sprints are huge, being able to move every prole, and then have them all attack is worth it.

Foote
Foote's picture
PlaytesterHarmony

arenson9 wrote:
lutherbellhendricksv wrote:

Thanks.Followup question. This is about opinion/strategy rather than rules. Why does Sickle Formation exist, given that Overwhelm also exists? I understand that by playing both of them you could have all Proletariats Move and Sprint in the same turn. I also understand that by playing Sickle Formation you can have Dawn use Brisk Effulgence to have all Proletariats sprint. Still, it seems like a relatively unhelpful power.

Characters that are 100% melee all need some kind of tool to help "close-the-gap". Legacy has mobility+Flying Smash, Tachyon has high movement and unlimited actions, Operative has her Chain. 

I think if Overwhelm was unlimited you could do without Sickle as a card. But with Sickle + Overwhelm, you can first Sprint/Sickle then Overwhelm Sprint/Sickle for a strong movement option. 

The difficult thing about that is one of your two power cards kinda needs to be one of the defensive ones. So there would not be many situations where you actually have Sickle + Overwhelm at the same time. You have to sacrifice your "Close-the-gap" options for your ability to be very very hard to incap. But Sickle is good to start with, especially if you are going last in the turn order and have a Dawn or Beacon to allow you the extra movement before you have to switch out and start playing the positioning mini-game.

All in all, I find Hammer Sweep a much worse card than Sickle. I use Sickle every once in a while. Can't say I'v ever given up Overwhelm or Flanking for the Sweep.

arenson9
arenson9's picture
ModeratorPlaytester

phantaskippy wrote:

It is definitely situational, but there are situations where those sprints are huge, being able to move every prole, and then have them all attack is worth it.

Thanks.

Have you seen these situations in a skirmish or in something else, like a scenario?

My sense of strategy for Proletariat in a skirmish, so far, is to spend one or two rounds getting near enemies and multiplying and then try to finish the game with a set of many and possibly massive attacks (Flanking + Overwhelm attack, but possibly Sickle + Overwhelm attack) that would otherwise leave Proletariat likely to be incapped, but doesn't matter because it's the (hopefully) killing blow.

arenson9
arenson9's picture
ModeratorPlaytester

arenson9 wrote:

My sense of strategy for Proletariat in a skirmish, so far, is to spend one or two rounds getting near enemies and multiplying and then try to finish the game with a set of many and possibly massive attacks ...

... although, it occurs to me that Operative and Proletariat together would allow Operative to pull an enemy over and then have Proletariat go to town wailing on that enemy w/out having to worry about moving forward.

I kinda want to try a team of Operative, Proletariat, and Absolute Zero. I'll call it the 'Please attack me' team.

phantaskippy
phantaskippy's picture
Playtester

I almost exclusively use it as a finisher, especially with Beacon on your team, flip sacrifice for sickle and all Sprint overwhelm hammer, then Beacon gives you a second group hammer next turn.  Also great with Unity if you can set up champ bot to make overwhelm just sick.

Koga
Koga's picture
Playtester

Since hammer sweep says proletariat is immune to the attack, even if the attack is reassigned to him by someone he won't be hurt as him being immune to it is part of the attack.

Card Templates
Champions Online: Koga_Wolfe