The forums moved on March 1, 2021. Please read this page for more information.

Mr. Fixer - Jack Handle - Heroic Interception bug?

3 posts / 0 new
Last post
Chromium_Man
Mr. Fixer - Jack Handle - Heroic Interception bug?

(I know I'm supposed to submit bugs through the app, but I wanted to post the situation here to make sure it's a bug before I waste the good folks at Handelabra's time)

Grandpa Legacy, Mr. Fixer, Argent Adept, Unity, and Dark Visionary vs. The Ennead in the Tomb of Anubis.  Heroic Interception is in play.

Mr. Fixer has Jack Handle and Alternating Tiger Claw in play.  An ankh card is played and Osiris forces each hero to deal themself 1 Psychic damage.  Legacy does, then the other four heroes should be immune, right?  When Mr. Fixer attempts to deal himself 1 Psychic damage, Jack Handle kicks in and he instead deals 2 Irreducible damage to each non-Hero target.  (Two damage because he has Twist the Ether on him, if that matters.)

If I was playing this myself, I would assume that Mr. Fixer would not deal damage to himself due to Heroic Interception and thus Jack Handle would not kick in.  Is this a bug that I should submit or am I just playing it wrong at home? 

Powerhound_2000
Powerhound_2000's picture
PlaytesterExceeded Expectations

Jack Handle doesn't require that damage is dealt but that he would damage he deals it to all non hero targets.   

Crush your enemies, drive them before you, and laminate their women! - Guise, Prime Wardens #31

Pydro
Pydro's picture
ModeratorPlaytester

Fireside Chats wrote:

Jack Handle effectively cancels the original damage, and causes a new set of damage dealing instance to all non-hero targets with the original damage amount/type/irreducibility.

Essentially, Jack handle doesn't care what is going to happen. Whenever Fixer would attack, that attack is completely canceled and a new attack hitting all non-hero targets is initiated.

Civilized men are more discourteous than savages because they know they can be impolite without having their skulls split, as a general thing.
-Robert E. Howard, "The Tower of the Elephant"