The forums moved on March 1, 2021. Please read this page for more information.

Mr. Fixer foil incap

9 posts / 0 new
Last post
X-metal
X-metal's picture
Mr. Fixer foil incap

Okay, so I’m sure several, if not all of you, have the foil cards. And I’m assuming most of you are eagle eyed. So, I was wondering if you noticed a peculiar thing about Mr. Fixer’s incap, both foil and regular.

Here’s mr. fixer’s incap

And here’s his foil incap

Notice anything different? No? Of course not. Because they’re exaclty the same. Well, except for one’s better defined than the other but I just assume that’s Adam’s art evolving. Still pretty interesting, right?

His name is Sephiroth but his friends call him Sephie.

MindWanderer
MindWanderer's picture
Playtester

It's not just Adam's art evolving.  The first one is done in watercolor, in something approaching a traditional Asian style.  The second is his usual style, done digitally I assume.

I'd wondered about this as well.  I suppose it's because non-Dark Watch Fixer really only suffers one significant defeat?  He gets killed pretty early in his story (not counting the Black Fist days) and doesn't get restored until OblivAeon.

Sentinels Statistics Project -- Statistics updated daily!

Submit your games here!

X-metal
X-metal's picture

MindWanderer wrote:

It's not just Adam's art evolving.  The first one is done in watercolor, in something approaching a traditional Asian style.  The second is his usual style, done digitally I assume.I'd wondered about this as well.  I suppose it's because non-Dark Watch Fixer really only suffers one significant defeat?  He gets killed pretty early in his story (not counting the Black Fist days) and doesn't get restored until OblivAeon.

I mean, I guess. But theres surely quite a few comic covers that fake us out. You know with the whole “whill he escape this devistating trap!” Kind of thing on the cover and it turns out, ye he does because f course he does.

anyway, I sent a letter to the letters page asking about it but I sent it in to late so now I have to wait.

X-metal
X-metal's picture

unrelated: what dies the writing in the incap say?

Powerhound_2000
Powerhound_2000's picture
PlaytesterExceeded Expectations

X-metal wrote:

unrelated: what dies the writing in the incap say?

From this post https://greaterthangames.com/comment/50041#comment-50041

dpt wrote:

I'm not really competent, but I answered it here: https://greaterthangames.com/comment/36658#comment-36658. The top does read "Owari", The End, as you gussed. (I'm not clear how much this implies he is actually dead.)I missed the other block. That is a signature block, and is written in katakana, one of the Japanese phonetic syllabries, the one typically used for foreign words. It reads "Adamu Rebotaro", i.e., Adam Rebottaro.In addition to his Nemesis symbol (to fix/mend), the other Kanji I noticed on his cards is on the style cards; I believe they are names of the relevant animal in Japanese, although I haven't checked carefully.

Crush your enemies, drive them before you, and laminate their women! - Guise, Prime Wardens #31

Ameena
Ameena's picture
Playtester

I recall Christopher saying at some point that if we ever see Mr Fixer without his hat, it means he's dead. That's why Dark Watch Fixer has no hat - he's some kind of sentient zombie version that got brought back by Zhu Long and the other members of the Dark Watch had to fight him at first or something because he didn't remember himself/them. May have been under Zhu Long's control in some way, I'm not sure. Anyway, Zhu Long seems to give people dragon tattoos when he rezzes them, because the same thing happened to the Operative.

I am the Wordweaver...

Basically, I like writing stuff ;)

X-metal
X-metal's picture

Ameena wrote:

I recall Christopher saying at some point that if we ever see Mr Fixer without his hat, it means he's dead. That's why Dark Watch Fixer has no hat - he's some kind of sentient zombie version that got brought back by Zhu Long and the other members of the Dark Watch had to fight him at first or something because he didn't remember himself/them. May have been under Zhu Long's control in some way, I'm not sure. Anyway, Zhu Long seems to give people dragon tattoos when he rezzes them, because the same thing happened to the Operative.

well, yeah. Fixer - hat = dead but that still doesn’t explain why the incap art is the same.

Trajector
Trajector's picture

Because it's perfectly poetic.

dpt
dpt's picture
Playtester

Trajector wrote:

Because it's perfectly poetic.

Yeah, that incap gets me hard each time. So understated.