The forums moved on March 1, 2021. Please read this page for more information.

mr. chomps plushie question

11 posts / 0 new
Last post
morph147
mr. chomps plushie question

Hey had a question on the mr. chomps plushie. My wife gave birth to our son a week and a half ago and I saw the mr. chomps plushie. As a fan of sentinels this would be awesome for him. As a new father who has no clue what he is doing, I have to worry on how big this is and how safe it is for him? So any help on this front from the GTG staff or people who have one would be great.

My wife thinks Sentinels is ruining our marriage. I think she doesnt know what shes talking about because she wont sit down to play it

Pydro
Pydro's picture
ModeratorPlaytester

Mazel tov!

Civilized men are more discourteous than savages because they know they can be impolite without having their skulls split, as a general thing.
-Robert E. Howard, "The Tower of the Elephant"

Powerhound_2000
Powerhound_2000's picture
PlaytesterExceeded Expectations

First off, congratulations. I believe the tag says three plus but I think it has more to do with the eye pieces than anything else.  Overall, as long as you don't let the kid just chew on it the Mr Chomps plushie is just as safe as any other stuffed animals.  

Crush your enemies, drive them before you, and laminate their women! - Guise, Prime Wardens #31

Phantom5613
Phantom5613's picture
Playtester

Congrats!

dpt
dpt's picture
Playtester

Congratulations!

To answer the size question, Mr Chomps is pretty sizeable. Probably just a little smaller than your newborn.

grysqrl
grysqrl's picture
ModeratorPlaytester

Congrats!

Powerhound_2000 wrote:

Overall, as long as you don't let the kid just chew on it the Mr Chomps plushie is just as safe as any other stuffed animals.  

Also, don't let Mr. Chomps chew on your kid.

Powerhound_2000
Powerhound_2000's picture
PlaytesterExceeded Expectations

The kid might lose a toe or two but they'll learn quick to respect Mr Chomps.  

Crush your enemies, drive them before you, and laminate their women! - Guise, Prime Wardens #31

phantaskippy
phantaskippy's picture
Playtester

Congratulations.

Mr. Chomps isn't newborn friendly.  the fabric isn't going to hold up under beatings and slober and all the things a primary stuffed companion has to survive with newborns.

I wouldn't go with Mr. Chomps as a primary companion, not one to sleep with or drag around and chew on.  It's not really unsafe or fragile, just not newborn -toddler friendly.

Rabit
Rabit's picture
ModeratorPlaytester

But, ya know, who really is?

"See, this is another sign of your tragic space dementia, all paranoid and crotchety. Breaks the heart." - Mal

Unicode U+24BD gets us Ⓗ. (Thanks, Godai!)

phantaskippy
phantaskippy's picture
Playtester

Yeah, really.

Although my B-i-L gave some really nice and delicate things to his kid when it was tiny and it held up.  Mine, no way, they love things to death.  But more a comment on the type of fabric used, it just isn't the right kind for drooling and chewing.

Trajector
Trajector's picture

phantaskippy wrote:

the fabric isn't going to hold up under beatings and slober and all the things a primary stuffed companion has to survive with newborns.I wouldn't go with Mr. Chomps as a primary companion, not one to sleep with or drag around and chew on.  It's not really unsafe or fragile, just not newborn -toddler friendly. 

Plus, Mr. Chomps is not optimized for flight.