The forums moved on March 1, 2021. Please read this page for more information.

Misled

2 posts / 0 new
Last post
Disgruntled
Misled

My wife and I play a ton of SotM. We have been anxiously waiting for the release of Oblivaeon since the late cretacious period. The choice was made not to be a backer on Kickstarter because we have had bad dealings with them in the past and generally to not like encouraging preorder as a business model. So we regularly checked online stores hoping to see a 'buy' button instead of a 'pre-order' button. We saw that at https://store.greaterthangames.com/sentinels-of-the-multiverse-oblivaeon... there was no information indicating the product was out of stock or back ordered and decided to buy.

We immediately noticed, in the confirmation email that the status was 'back-ordered.' Following the website's instruction we contacted and politely asked for clarity. There was no reply. We sent the email again after several weeks. There was no reply. We saw some information posted to a third party website, kickstarter.com, but as we made no purchase through that website, we waited and sent another email.

I had no interest in preordering a product. I would not have ordered if there was any indication that it would have taken months (it is yet to arrive). I have used the contact method requested by the company, to no avail. 

EDIT:

After posting here greater than games contacted me and addressed all of my concerns.

Thanks guys!

Caleb

Paul
Paul's picture
Admin

Caleb,

I apologise if you feel misled! Could you please forward your email correspondence to me at paul@greaterthangames.com? I'll make sure you get refunded right away.

“Many of the truths we cling to depend greatly on our own point of view.” ~Obi-Wan Kenobi