The forums moved on March 1, 2021. Please read this page for more information.

Minion Maker / Upgrade Minion

4 posts / 0 new
Last post
scruffyrogue
Minion Maker / Upgrade Minion

I've been binging the youtube videos of gameplay since I got my copy of the game and I have a question about how the Minion Maker's Upgrade Minion ability is supposed to work. The pertinent bit is that you can upgrade a minion to your Max die size, replacing its minion form.

I had assumed this meant take your Max and look on the chart on pg 87 (rolled an 8 on your max, get a d10!). But in the video from last year it seemed like the Floral Fantom just took the die size of whatever rolled the highest value and turned her minion into that (a d12 in this case). Though of course it's possible I misunderstood the exact dice mechanics they were using. And it's also possible the rules have changed since that was filmed.

Can someone clarify how this is supposed to work?

Thanks....

Trappit

That is the rule. If you read it on page 86, you are allowed to upgrade the minion to the Max die size rolled. It's not the same as the making a minion rules. Its a nice little trick for a minion maker to build around actually (build a boost combo that uses d10 and d12 to hopefully improve on the average minion size)

Trapp

Sea-Envy
Sea-Envy's picture

In another episode Maggie did not roll Max on her D12 and was disapointed that it only became a D8

The mountain watches the freedom of the sea and cries. The sea looks at the stability of the mountain and sighs.

KJ_Max

d12 Technology, d10 Robotics, d8 status, is the best pool I could get for Upgrade Minion for the minion-maker I was working on (Tek).

Of course that's the same pool she'd use for Make Minion in the first place.. so I'm not sure how often it would make a difference.