The forums moved on March 1, 2021. Please read this page for more information.

miniature woes

4 posts / 0 new
Last post
itsshortstuff
Playtester
miniature woes

So we finally finished painting all the miniatures last week and they were beautiful. We took them down to so cal to play but when we opened the box they had kind of jumbled together. We picked them up and they were sticking to each other. After pulling them apart the paint came off of one and stuck to the other. So I had to touch them up and re seal, they don't look as good anymore but still ok.

We used krylon gloss sealer and it was hotter when we were in so cal. Do you guys have any ideas about how to prevent this? We were thinking about making a foam tray thing for the box but don't know if that will take paint off too.

McBehrer
McBehrer's picture
Playtester

Elmer's glue. Mix 1 part glue with 1 part water, then paint on after the paint is all dry. It goes on white and gross, but it dries clear, and makes a nice, solid shell that protects the paint nicely.

McBehrer is the sole winner of this game... And McBehrer, I would step carefully should you find your way down dark alleys. More than one vote said simply, "McBehrer must die."

McBehrer confirmed to be Biomancer!
-- Trajector

Spiff
Spiff's picture
PlaytesterExceeded ExpectationsUnique Capabilities

No way I'd try that on a mini I'd just spent hours or days painting to perfection. :)

Spiff's SotM site: www.spiffworld.com/sotm

McBehrer
McBehrer's picture
Playtester

That's advice I got from the guy who owns the game store I go to, so I would assume he knows what he's talking about.

McBehrer is the sole winner of this game... And McBehrer, I would step carefully should you find your way down dark alleys. More than one vote said simply, "McBehrer must die."

McBehrer confirmed to be Biomancer!
-- Trajector