The forums moved on March 1, 2021. Please read this page for more information.

Mini-Pack 1 now available on SotM: The Video Game! (Android+Steam+iOS)

53 posts / 0 new
Last post
Jimeni
Playtester

In one of our first games after getting the mini-pack on the app, we played Rook City Wraith, Absolute Zero and Young Legacy against Cosmic Omnitron in Silver Gulch.

Cosmic Omnitron learned an important lesson about terraforming when he decided to terraform over two explosive wagons in Silver Gulch. What with all the exploding and Isothermic Transducer/Focused Apperatures in play, it was a fatal mistake for ol' Cosmic.

His own terraforming was his undoing.

FoldedDice

I also just had a game in Silver Gulch against Cosmic Omni that ended in a spectacularly fatal Explosive Wagon blast, except I was the one on the losing side. My team was Wraith, Fanatic, Young Legacy, and Haka.

The early game was fairly usual. I flipped Omni early and used Wraith to prevent most of the drone swarms while everyone else focused on knocking down Omni as quickly as possible. A Terraform got Omni an Electro-Pulse Explosive that I couldn't easily remove (and a group of drones), but I was able to use Chastise to avoid wasting time on it.

The pivotal moment happened when I decided to use Rampage to sweep all the drones up into a big Savage Mana play, since I would have had enough to take Omni down the rest of the way on the following round. I had Young Legacy use Take Down to stop Omnitron from doing anything unexpected, because both she and Fanatic were critially low on health by that point.

The Rampage/Savage Mana combo went as expected, except that the environment played that unfortunate Explosive Wagon. Still, the Rampage didn't do enough damage to destroy it, so I still felt fairly safe. Omnitron was below 20 health (with Take Down still active) when I passed the turn. Things were looking very good for me.

That's when one of the gunmen popped up and decided it would be a good idea to set off the Explosive Wagon. This did even more damage to Omnitron, but it also was enough to finish off Fanatic and Young Legacy. Losing Fanatic also meant that the Chastise on the EPE was removed, causing Wraith and Haka to go down as well. Game over.

Pages