The forums moved on March 1, 2021. Please read this page for more information.

Meetup! Indianapolis, Tue Jun-26, 6pm

38 posts / 0 new
Last post
arenson9
arenson9's picture
ModeratorPlaytester
Meetup! Indianapolis, Tue Jun-26, 6pm

We already have a regularly monthly meetup scheduled in Indianapolis at Comic Carnival on the second Sun of the month at 1pm, but at least one person can never make that time, so ...

Please join us for a meetup at Arsenal Game Room & Cafe (http://www.arsenalgameroom.com/) on Tuesday, June 26th at 6pm.

Feel free to drop in without notice, but please also let us know if you plan to attend.

Hi. My name's Andy. Feel free to call me Andy, since, ya know, that's my name. (he/him/his)

If I am not for myself, who will be for me? If not now, when? If I am for myself alone, what am I? -- Hillel

TheJayMann
TheJayMann's picture
Playtester

How late?  I typically don't get off work until 7pm those days.

Do good, I? No! Evil anon I deliver, I maim nine more hero men in Miami, sanitary sword a-tuck, carol I. Lo! Rack, cut a drowsy rat in Aswan. I gas nine more hero men in Saginaw. Reviled I, Nona, live on. I do... o, God!

arenson9
arenson9's picture
ModeratorPlaytester

TheJayMann wrote:
How late?  I typically don't get off work until 7pm those days.

Unclear how late we'll play. My guess is not past 9, but who knows? Arsenal is open until 10pm that day.

Hi. My name's Andy. Feel free to call me Andy, since, ya know, that's my name. (he/him/his)

If I am not for myself, who will be for me? If not now, when? If I am for myself alone, what am I? -- Hillel

TheJayMann
TheJayMann's picture
Playtester

Maybe I'll just choose to get bored that day and leave a bit early.

Do good, I? No! Evil anon I deliver, I maim nine more hero men in Miami, sanitary sword a-tuck, carol I. Lo! Rack, cut a drowsy rat in Aswan. I gas nine more hero men in Saginaw. Reviled I, Nona, live on. I do... o, God!

Craig
Craig's picture
Admin

Huzzah! I'll be there with my boyfriend (assuming his work schedule doesn't take a drastic change). I plan on staying until it's no longer feasible.

Twitter: imprimis5. Follow away!

Craig
Craig's picture
Admin

My bf's roommate heard me telling him about this and expressed some desire to attend. No clue whether he'd be able or not, but it's a potential person.

Ronway
Ronway's picture
PlaytesterTruth Seeker

So how is Indianapolis? With all these get togethers and the amount of people on here from there I think I may have to consider moving there...

Rabit
Rabit's picture
ModeratorPlaytester

Ronway wrote:
So how is Indianapolis? With all these get togethers and the amount of people on here from there I think I may have to consider moving there...

Indy is awesome! :D (I won't talk about the political climate, though. :-\)

Of course, it helps we have GenCon, which is where SotM was first released last year. And people like arenson9 to set up things like this that promote the game.

"See, this is another sign of your tragic space dementia, all paranoid and crotchety. Breaks the heart." - Mal

Unicode U+24BD gets us Ⓗ. (Thanks, Godai!)

EvanDan55
EvanDan55's picture
Playtester

I'll make a note and see if I can make it. I probably can. It'll be good to see everyone again.

You're free to do whatever you want to.

Jhuntin1
Playtester

I didn't know there was a game store in Fountain Square. I'll try to make it there if I can.

arenson9
arenson9's picture
ModeratorPlaytester

Jhuntin1 wrote:
I didn't know there was a game store in Fountain Square. I'll try to make it there if I can.

Cool. We might have to get a group photo!

Rabit
Rabit's picture
ModeratorPlaytester

*sigh*

I am no longer able to attend - looks like I'll be on my way back from a family trip to King's Island. :-\

If we're back early enough, I'll consider showing up, but it seems unlikely that I'll actually have the energy at that point.

Here's hoping I can make the next one...

"See, this is another sign of your tragic space dementia, all paranoid and crotchety. Breaks the heart." - Mal

EvanDan55
EvanDan55's picture
Playtester

Looks like I'll be there for sure.

Craig
Craig's picture
Admin

Slight change in my plans. I will still be there, but I will no longer be bringing my boyfriend as I no longer have a boyfriend to bring.

arenson9
arenson9's picture
ModeratorPlaytester

imprimis5 wrote:
Slight change in my plans. I will still be there, but I will no longer be bringing my boyfriend as I no longer have a boyfriend to bring.

Are congratulations or condolences in order?

Craig
Craig's picture
Admin

arenson9 wrote:

imprimis5 wrote:

Are congratulations or condolences in order?

Well, the story is long and complicated. Two days ago, I would've been really broken up. As of yesterday morning, much more in line with "good riddance." I feel bad for him (slightly), but he made his own bed.

Ronway
Ronway's picture
PlaytesterTruth Seeker

Looked up house prices just for fun, now thinking it might be worth moving up there. Maybe someday?

TheJayMann
TheJayMann's picture
Playtester

Wow, someone takes a look at house prices, and finds them affordable, yet I'm still can't seem to get a house myself...

Ronway
Ronway's picture
PlaytesterTruth Seeker

I don't mean affordable, but they aren't so different from around here that moving there wouldn't be so different when I move out of my folks home. That why I also included "maybe someday" since I still can't afford a home of my home at this point.

Rabit
Rabit's picture
ModeratorPlaytester

Woohoo!  ;D Plans have changed, again - I should be able to make it! (Hopefully that doesn't make anyone else change their plans to attend...  ;) )

Looking forward to it.

Rabit

EvanDan55
EvanDan55's picture
Playtester

So, just wondering, but if my girlfriend and I bring our copy of Arkham Horror, would anyone be interested in joining us for a game? We've gotten quite addicted to it.

arenson9
arenson9's picture
ModeratorPlaytester

evandan55 wrote:
So, just wondering, but if my girlfriend and I bring our copy of Arkham Horror, would anyone be interested in joining us for a game? We've gotten quite addicted to it.

Yes ... except there's no way I'd have time. First off, I'd like to concentrate on playing Sentinels w/ other Sentinels fans, but even if I did tire of that, doesn't Arkham take like six hours to play?

EvanDan55
EvanDan55's picture
Playtester

Well, yeah, it's a long game. I was just wondering if anyone wanted to hang out for a while. Then again, we may not have time ourselves, so a few games of Sentinels might be all that's on the menu.

TheJayMann
TheJayMann's picture
Playtester

Yeah, I definately won't be out that late.  I have to get up for work Wednesday.

Craig
Craig's picture
Admin

Don't get me wrong; I love AH immensely. Seems that it deserves it's own day, though. :-P That being said, if you ever want someone to play with...

Craig
Craig's picture
Admin

Hey, just out of curiosity, do we have a rough head count? From what I'm seeing, it's myself, arenson9, TheJayMann, Rabit, evandan55, and his gf. I may be bringing a friend, but he has yet to give me anything solid. That's six, with a possibility of seven. Seems like if we could get one or two more people, that might be ideal. I'll have my copy of SotM and RC with me, as it lives in my truck. Altogether, it's shaping up to be a fun night.

Jhuntin1
Playtester

I'll be there. Game Preserve Greenwood is my usual store, so I may have played with some of you before if you've ever been down there.

Craig
Craig's picture
Admin

Jhuntin1 wrote:
I'll be there. Game Preserve Greenwood is my usual store, so I may have played with some of you before if you've ever been down there.

I've been there lots, but I've never played a single game there.

Craig
Craig's picture
Admin

Ok, my friend is coming and bringing his gf, apparently. That puts us at 9. Wow.

Rabit
Rabit's picture
ModeratorPlaytester

If we're lucky, we'll attract some of the folks hanging out there, and end up with even more.  8)

EvanDan55
EvanDan55's picture
Playtester

If we can attract one more person, we'll be doing games of five? Sounds good.

Ronway
Ronway's picture
PlaytesterTruth Seeker

Jeez guys, just keeping rubbing it in that the lone folk from Kansas can't join in. Well fine I guess I better back my bags and head up there, who wants to supply me some lodging for the endeaver? I'm kidding, though I wish I could go but with the amount I would be spending in gas I could instead pay someone else to play with me if I was really that desperate.

EvanDan55
EvanDan55's picture
Playtester

Alright, well, I really didn't want it to come to this, but I'm not gonna be able to make it tomorrow. Honestly I just don't have the gas money to make it. I'm kinda trying to save up for Gen Con, and this would put a hole in my pocket since it's a 40 minute drive to this place. I'm really sorry. I do wanna be there. But I'll just have to wait to Gen Con. Dakota and I will certainly be there! Again, really sorry. Don't worry, we'll have four days to play with everyone at Gen Con.

Craig
Craig's picture
Admin

No worries. There will be lots of time to play at GenCon. Do whatcha gotta do.

Craig
Craig's picture
Admin

They're dropping like flies! My friend just called and told me neither he nor his gf would be able to make it tonight. We, I'm still coming. :-)

arenson9
arenson9's picture
ModeratorPlaytester

See you in a couple hours.

TheJayMann
TheJayMann's picture
Playtester

I'll be there.  I stayed two hours after work yesterday to get two hours off work early today.

Rabit
Rabit's picture
ModeratorPlaytester

Well, so everyone else knows (as I've already told Andy), I have a volunteer commitment with a deadline I have to meet (long story), and won't be able to make tonight's session.  :'(

Very disappointing! Hopefully I can make the next one...