The forums moved on March 1, 2021. Please read this page for more information.

Mariner’s RumbleDome!

5 posts / 0 new
Last post
The Mariner
The Mariner's picture
Mariner’s RumbleDome!

Welcome, all, to a most thrilling spectacle!  11 teams, representing among them all the heroes of the Multiverse, will face 15 battles with nefarious villains.  Only time will tell who can survive this devastating gauntlet and claim incredible victory!  

The teams are as follows:

Team 1: The Harbingers- Road Warrior Mainstay, Dark Watch Expatriette, Void Guard Idealist, The Sentinels, KNYFE

Team 2: The Prophets- Omnitron-X, La Comodora, Lifeline: Blood Mage

Team 3: The Fateless- Malpracticd Medico, NightMist, Dark Watch Setback

Team 4: The Keepers- Spirit Akash’Thryia, Legacy, Freedom Five Wraith, Heroic Luminary

Team 5: The Elements- Prime Wardens Xtreme Tempest, Harpy, Freedom Five Absolute Zero, Haka

Team 6: The Third Wheel- Ra, Fanatic, Requital Captain Cosmic

Team 7: All Creatures Great And Small- Void Guard Writhe, Naturalist, Sky-Scraper

Team 8: The Rebels- Supply and Demand Benchmark, Unity, Freedom Six Tachyon

Team 9: The Stubble- Best of Times Chrono-Ranger, Prime Wardens Xtreme Argent Adept, Action Hero Stuntman

Team 10: The Santa Clause 4: Who The Dependent Clause Is- Santa Guise, Visionary Unleashed, Bunker

Team 11: The Altered States: Scholar of the Infinite, Dark Watch Mr. Fixer, Fugue State Parse

Each team will face off in a series of 15 matches against the same villains and environments.  The last three matches are Vengeance mode.  In both the solo and Vengeance segments, the difficulty will increase, match by match.  Any loss will result in elimination.  Round 1 is Apostate at Dok’Thorath.  Stay tuned for details, and speculate on the winners below!

BrianleWolfhunt
Playtester

Speculation: Team 2 and 3 are likely going to be knocked out at some point. My guess, at around the 5th or 6th game.

What is the plan if more than one team makes it to the end?

The Mariner
The Mariner's picture

If more than one makes it then a series of Ultimate difficulty runoffs, alternating between solo and Vengeance mode, will go until one or none of the teams are left.  

EDIT: Team 2 is actually amazing.  After a few turns, all three heroes were consistently able to either play, power, or draw on both of the other heroes’ turn.  

By the way, Round 1 is over.  Apostate and Dok’Thorath aren’t bad on their own, but they work together a little too well, and with my mediocre skills, teams 3, 6, 8, 10, and 11 were eliminated.  Without exception, these battles were close, but fighting the long game against Apostate with one hero left standing is rarely recommended, and that’s what happened to each of those.

EDIT: 3 games in, 3 teams are left: The Harbingers, The Prophets, and the Keepers.  Round 2 went smoothly- Chokepoint is a cakewalk- but the Matriarch tripped up 3 of the 6 remaining teams.

The Mariner
The Mariner's picture

It’s over!  The Prophets were the last team standing, but ultimately got crushed by Advanced Omnitron in the Celestial Tribunal.

arenson9
arenson9's picture
ModeratorPlaytester

Huh. I was betting on Team 8. TLT FTW.

Hi. My name's Andy. Feel free to call me Andy, since, ya know, that's my name. (he/him/his)

If I am not for myself, who will be for me? If not now, when? If I am for myself alone, what am I? -- Hillel