The forums moved on March 1, 2021. Please read this page for more information.

Manifestation of Power and Glory

4 posts / 0 new
Last post
kazaasaky
Manifestation of Power and Glory

i reading FAQ, and i have some confuse.

that is

If an effect (e.g., A Year of Perfect Stillness) skips "all actions", what is affected?

Any time the Invaders would Ravage, Build or Explore that turn, any number of times.

This includes any normal actions that come from the Invader cards, and also any extra actions that come from effects like the power Manifestation of Power and Glory or the event New Cash Crops Take Hold. (See the B&C rulebook, p. 15, for the distinction between "normal" and "extra" actions.)

Manifestation of Power and Glory is

'1 Fear. Each Dahan deals damage equal to the number of your Presence in target land.'

and A Year of Perfect Stillness is

'Invaders skipp all Actions in target land this turn.'

if  Manifestation of Power and Glory and a year of perfect stillness used same land, FAQ is read as if MOPAG is not affected that land.

i think,  Manifestation of Power and Glory  effect is not 'invader action'.

so, i feel MOPAG is no need to Mentioned to 'this FAQ'

help me.

grysqrl
grysqrl's picture
ModeratorPlaytester

The FAQ was referencing Manifest Incarnation (which causes the Invaders to Ravage as part of the power) and used the incorrect card name. I have corrected it. Thanks for pointing it out!

dpt
dpt's picture
Playtester

Just for reference, here's a link to the FAQ entry in question.

It mentions a different power, Manifest Incarnation, from Branch & Claw (not Manifestation of Power and Glory).  The text of Manifest Incarnation is

6 Fear. +1 Fear for each Town / City and for each of your Presence in target land. Remove 1 City, 1 Town and 1 Explorer. Then Invaders in target land Ravage.

That effect is relevant to the FAQ entry.

EDIT: Brian got to it before I did, and also fixed the FAQ entry. Thanks for noticing this!

kazaasaky

i`m happy what can help u!!