The forums moved on March 1, 2021. Please read this page for more information.

Looong game against Voss

1 post / 0 new
MsbS
MsbS's picture
Looong game against Voss

I just finished a game against Grand Warlord Voss that took probably 60-90 minutes. It was quite epic, so I thought I'd share my thoughts with y'all.

My team of Parse, Luminary, Argent Adept and Akash'Triya battled Voss in the Wagner Mars Base. His first batch of Minions, deployed twice (Forced Deployment) got AA and Parse to 4-5 HP, before I defeated them, and I thought I was a goner. But then, the environment actually helped me (which is not too common :) ), when I drew Meteor Strike. Argent Adept had the healing Harmony, so turn by turn I got my HP up, while expanding my tableau and managing Voss's deck with Parse.

Meteor Strike was still on the table when I drew another forced deployment and put 7 minions in play. Fortunately, in the meantime, Luminary got one of his Doomsday Devices and a large enough Trash to trigger it. Whoosh - Parse destroys the Meteor Strike, Luminary launches the Terralunar Translocators and all Minions are gone!

Then the slow grind started, weakening Voss by a handful of HPs each turn. Luminary, Akash'Triya and Argent Adept had over 10 cards each ob the table, which made the turns longer and longer, Parse helped me get rid of a Dreadnought (moving it to the bottom of Voss's deck). 

But then, the final turn, Luminary got 'all according to plan, triggered another Doomsday Device (laser) and two Battle Drones, dealing probably 40-ish damage that turn across all heroes. I won the game with large margin.

While the mid-game was a bit tedious, it's one of those games that I'll probably remember. And another lesson learned is that I need to practice using Akash-Triya more: I feel I used her in a very sub-optimal way, but still it felt great (and totally different from other heroes!)