The forums moved on March 1, 2021. Please read this page for more information.

'Local Diaspora'

12 posts / 0 new
Last post
kazaasaky
'Local Diaspora'

Local Diaspora: In the single land with the most Invaders, Push 1 Explorer / Town to each adjacent land.

i confused '/' means..

Local diaspora trigger to most invaders land (3 exploror, 2 town, 1 city.) 

how it works?

kazaasaky

Local Diaspora: In the single land with the most Invaders, Push 1 Explorer / Town to each adjacent land.

i can`t understand what why ' to each adjacent land'?

i think most invaders land 'push 1 exploror to adjacent land' or 'push1 town to adjacent land'

why it have 'each'?

TakeWalker
TakeWalker's picture

The each is so you don't push them all to the same land if there is more than one invader in the targeted land.

I think -- and I can't confirm this -- that the intended play is to push more than one invader into a single land only if there are more invaders than adjacent lands. Otherwise, if there are fewer invaders than adjacent lands, you can put them wherever you want, so long as no more than one invader is moved to each land.

kazaasaky

i think  Local Diaspora no need 'each'.

because effect is push only 1 invaders(exploror / town).

is not?

TakeWalker
TakeWalker's picture

Well, it's targeting the land with the most invaders. So if there is, say, a land with a city, two towns and three explorers, you have to push each town and explorer to a different adjacent land.

You could reword it as "for each explorer and town in that land, push that explorer or town to a different adjacent land". The focus here isn't so much on the invaders as it is the adjacent lands. You're trying to get as many invaders into adjacent lands as you can. Does that make sense?

dpt
dpt's picture
Playtester

Just to amplify, you will almost always push more than one explorer and town. The number you will push (in math speak) is

minimum (number of Explorers/Towns in the chosen land, number of adjacent lands).

kazaasaky

it should read 'In the single land with the most Invaders, Push 1(minimum) or more Explorer / Town to each adjacent land'??

i think 'push 1 explorer / town' is to push only one explorer or only one town.

thanks for let me know.

dpt
dpt's picture
Playtester

kazaasaky wrote:
it should read 'In the single land with the most Invaders, Push 1(minimum) or more Explorer / Town to each adjacent land'??

i think 'push 1 explorer / town' is to push only one explorer or only one town.

English has an annoying feature where modifiers appear after the thing they modify. I know Chinese is better this way, I don't know about Korean.

A more logical order would be
'From the single land with the most Invaders, to each adjacent land, push one Explorer/Town'
But that's less natural English.

(This aspect of English constantly annoys me as a mathematician.)

007quick

I too must have been confused about this card. I read it as push 1 explorer or town to each adjacent land. If there are only 3 adjacent lands you will only push a maximum of 3 invaders. 

What has been suggested is that you push all of the towns and explorers from the originating land to adjacent lands with at least one invader going to each land before it is possible to double up. 

Which of these is correct? I can see the language of the card supporting either depending of course on the original intent of the cards author. 

Ameena
Ameena's picture
Playtester

Yeah, you don't push more things than there are adjacent lands. You find the single land that has the most Invaders in it (and I've always assumed that if multiple lands meet this criteria then you just pick one of them), and then move from that land one Explorer or Town to each adjacent land, as much as you can. So, let's say the land has one City, one Town, and two Explorers (a total of four Invaders). You would push the Town to one adjacent land, one Explorer to a different adjacent land, and the other Explorer to a third, different adjacent land. The City would stay where it is, because the City's only part in this Event is to contribute to the Invader count when determining which land contains the most.

But if there were, say, four Explorers and three Towns but only five adjacent lands, five of those things would be pushed, each into one of those five lands, and the remaining two things would stay in the original land (since it only says to push one thing into each land).

I am the Wordweaver...

Basically, I like writing stuff ;)

dpt
dpt's picture
Playtester

007quick wrote:
I too must have been confused about this card. I read it as push 1 explorer or town to each adjacent land. If there are only 3 adjacent lands you will only push a maximum of 3 invaders. 

What has been suggested is that you push all of the towns and explorers from the originating land to adjacent lands with at least one invader going to each land before it is possible to double up. 

Which of these is correct? I can see the language of the card supporting either depending of course on the original intent of the cards author. 

Just to be explicit, it's the first option (your initial reading) that is correct.

007quick

dpt wrote:
007quick wrote:

Just to be explicit, it's the first option (your initial reading) that is correct.

I think this may be deserving of an FAQ entry as even in this thread... there is confusion about the intent of this card.