The forums moved on March 1, 2021. Please read this page for more information.

Living Force Field protect Blade Battalion when destroyed in area attack?

3 posts / 0 new
Last post
arenson9
arenson9's picture
ModeratorPlaytester
Living Force Field protect Blade Battalion when destroyed in area attack?

Suppose a Living Force Field Generator is protecting a Blade Battalion and both are attacked by an area attack.

1) Does the Living Force Field protect itself? (I wouldn't think so)

2) If the Living Force Field is destroyed by the area attack and _then_ the Blade Battalion is targeted by that same area attack, does the Living Force Field protect the Blade Battalion? (I wouldn't think so for this one, either)

Hi. My name's Andy. Feel free to call me Andy, since, ya know, that's my name. (he/him/his)

If I am not for myself, who will be for me? If not now, when? If I am for myself alone, what am I? -- Hillel

phantaskippy
phantaskippy's picture
Playtester

No to both.

lutherbellhendricksv
lutherbellhendricksv's picture
Game Designer

arenson9 wrote:

Suppose a Living Force Field Generator is protecting a Blade Battalion and both are attacked by an area attack. 1) Does the Living Force Field protect itself? (I wouldn't think so)2) If the Living Force Field is destroyed by the area attack and _then_ the Blade Battalion is targeted by that same area attack, does the Living Force Field protect the Blade Battalion? (I wouldn't think so for this one, either)

Living Force Field protects allies, but not itself. Two Living Force Fields can protect each other though.

Active player makes timing decisions when simultaneous events occur. If the active player attacks (and kills) the Living Force Field before attacking the Blade Battalion, the Blade Battalion won't have the defense bonus.