The forums moved on March 1, 2021. Please read this page for more information.

Latest episode of the Letters Page: Gen Con Live! Sort Of!

8 posts / 0 new
Last post
Jeysie
Jeysie's picture
Latest episode of the Letters Page: Gen Con Live! Sort Of!

It's almost like actually being at Gen Con except with less con flu! https://theletterspage.libsyn.com/gen-con-livestream-2020

All questions, all the time! Bonus music interlude from Trevor! A few actual exciting reveals! Other things worthy of exclamation points!

"If life gives you lemons, make a lemon cannon."

Not always the best at social skills; I apologize in advance. I don't apologize for any corny and morbid jokes, though.

Resident Argent Adept and Biomancer fangirl, be forewarned.

TakeWalker
TakeWalker's picture

I watched this on Friday (not sure how; the video was reuploaded today?), then forgot I had and so planned a big walk using the podcast as an excuse. Said walk thus could not happen and so I spent the day being sad. :(

But it's okay, I also spent like four hours on my feet just now and they hurt. >.<

Jeysie
Jeysie's picture

The old video was available for everyone to watch until Tuesday; I suspect the new video was just them wanting to clean it up a bit for the proper episode release. For instance, at a bit of a skim, I feel like the intro music vid now looks sleekly edited in versus "being viewed on Christopher's PC".

FWIW, here's a few of the exciting reveals! I mentioned, stealing from WT's crib notes:

"Zhu Long has weird, inscrutable plans all over the world. Christopher: 'Of course, there is the fact that Rook City has an underground component that is a very magical sort of realm. Don’t worry about that'.”

"Does the planned tie-in RPG One-Shot for the Sentinels of Freedom video game cover the same story as that game or is it its own thing? The Starter Kit, other One-Shots, and detail in the core book establish a set of facts about the world. This adventure will connect some of the dots between those things and the SoF game (which is now available on Switch - there’s a Sentinel Comics property on a Nintendo console; how awesome is that!) but it’s not necessary to have played SoF to understand the adventure."

"How’s the story coming along for Chapter 2 of Sentinels of Freedom? It’s done. Underbite’s had it for a while now."

"You’ve said previously that you had written up a lot of story for Underbite’s Sentinels of Freedom game, but they had to chunk it up into Chapters. We’ve now had a chance to see how long Chapter 1 was and they’ve talked about Chapter 2. How many Chapters would you guess the original story you wrote for them would take to cover? Chapter 2 finishes that original block of story. There are a few side missions that ran long and will wind up falling outside of Chapter 2, though."

"As someone raised on 90’s cartoons, and who recently made jokes about PSAs with one of his SCRPG characters, I have to ask: What is your favorite ham-fisted, cheesy Sentinel Comics 'Don’t play with drugs/guns/alcohol/strangers/Halloween candy with razor blades on them' PSA? There’s one that’s coming up in Chapter 2 of the Sentinels of Freedom game. Or maybe it’s more of an advertisement than a PSA. Anyway, you’ll see it there."

"Can you tell us about the British and French heroes from the 'Heroes of Yesterday' banner pictured alongside Grandpa Legacy and G.I. Bunker? Their names are Tommy Atkins and La Louve, but they’re not going to tell us more about them here."

"Yes or No - Is there any future Scholar content even if it's Scholar in the past? Actually yes!"

Not always the best at social skills; I apologize in advance. I don't apologize for any corny and morbid jokes, though.

TakeWalker
TakeWalker's picture

Oh yeah, the Sentinels of Freedom talk was exciting.

I still need to finish chapter one! D:

If I didn't already say so in the appropriate thread, I hope people will nominate cheesy PSAs as a Creative Process. :D

Jeysie
Jeysie's picture

Also, update: I actually bought that 1st Edition SotM on eBay that Rabit mentioned in the stream. It was in very nice condition and also had OG Eternal Haka and DW Setback promos that were mentioned in the description and a surprise OG Young Legacy that was not. Ended up being ~$30 including shipping.

Trajector
Trajector's picture

Jeysie wrote:
and a surprise OG Young Legacy

Wow, score!

Sea-Envy
Sea-Envy's picture

They mention Xtream Southwest Sentinels here is my pitch-

Little Miranda is "alone" and the other 3 are actually her mental projections as an Id/Ego/Super Ego trinity of advisers/protectors

the dark twist being that the projections are based off of dead people... that she killed so she could have more protection... and now she/they have meet Xtream Parse and she would make a good addition of pure logic to her externalized psychology projections

Possibly Writhe has chains around him because he is the Id and has to be controlled... except that they are really puppet strings because he is the real master

The mountain watches the freedom of the sea and cries. The sea looks at the stability of the mountain and sighs.

arenson9
arenson9's picture
ModeratorPlaytester

Trajector wrote:
Jeysie wrote:

and a surprise OG Young Legacy

Wow, score!

Wow, indeed

Hi. My name's Andy. Feel free to call me Andy, since, ya know, that's my name. (he/him/his)

If I am not for myself, who will be for me? If not now, when? If I am for myself alone, what am I? -- Hillel