The forums moved on March 1, 2021. Please read this page for more information.

Largest attack

20 posts / 0 new
Last post
arenson9
arenson9's picture
ModeratorPlaytester
Largest attack

Not counting 'next time' affects, like Haka of Battle, what's the largest amount of damage any hero can deal in one dealing of damage?

For instance:

Legacy: Inspiring Presence, Galvanize

Ra: Imbued Fire

Argent Adept: Two invocations of Syncopated Onslaught on Mr. Fixer

Parse: Two copies of Exploit Vulnerability

Mr. Fixer: Grease Monkey Fist, Dual Crowbars, and Harmony

Insula Primalis: Three copies of Obsidian Field

Mr. Fixer plays Charge to first hit a T-Rex for 15, then hits Zhu Long for 29. Now, Zhu Long only has 8 HP, so it's overkill, but the 29 is still dealt so counts.

Tachyon using Lightspeed Barage can easily beat this, of course.

Hmmm ... as I write this, I have the nagging feeling we've already done this thread ...

Hi. My name's Andy. Feel free to call me Andy, since, ya know, that's my name. (he/him/his)

If I am not for myself, who will be for me? If not now, when? If I am for myself alone, what am I? -- Hillel

bluedarky
bluedarky's picture

88 - Use Bunker and Omnicanon in place of Mr. Fixer and his stuff, 78 from Omnicanon + 2 from legacy, +3 Obsidian Field +2 from Exploit Vunerability, +2 from Argent Adept, +1 from Imbued Fire.

Theoretically ∞ - Absolute Zero, Imbued Fire, Isothermic Transducer and Fixed Point.

Powerhound_2000
Powerhound_2000's picture
PlaytesterExceeded Expectations

I think there have been various damage dealing discussions.  However, I think the answer with these stipulations is Bunker with Omni-Cannon with 39 cards under it dealing 78 damage before adding any damage buffs.   

Crush your enemies, drive them before you, and laminate their women! - Guise, Prime Wardens #31

The Burning Stickman
The Burning Stickman's picture

If we're including other factors, then Haka has to take the cake. Put him somewhere like the Enclave of the Endlings, against someone with a crapload of minions like Voss or The Matriarch, on a team with Unity and Captain Cosmic, let him eat absolutely everything with Savage Mana and top it off with a massive Haka of Battle.

Powerhound_2000

Haka can't reach the same heights with Savage Mana that Bunker can with Omni-Cannon without using Haka of Battle.   In this particular situation Andy is saying what can be reached without a card like Haka of Battle.  

Crush your enemies, drive them before you, and laminate their women! - Guise, Prime Wardens #31

grysqrl
grysqrl's picture
ModeratorPlaytester

Powerhound_2000 wrote:

Haka can't reach the same heights with Savage Mana that Bunker can with Omni-Cannon without using Haka of Battle.   In this particular situation Andy is saying what can be reached without a card like Haka of Battle.  

He potentially could with Imbued Vitality, a bunch of damage boosts, and some way to save Savage Mana (Stealth Bot?) from a huge Rampage.

Powerhound_2000

True.  I didn't think about that one.   Pretty detrimental to your team to accomplish but certainly could be done.

MigrantP
MigrantP's picture

Bunker can get 6 more cards under Omni-Cannon if he's playing in Magmaria.

However, I think Haka can probably have more with Imbued Vitality and the right setup. Every single card in Voss' deck, to start with.

Lead Bit Flipper, Handelabra Games
Developer of Sentinels, Bottom of the 9th, and Spirit Island

phantaskippy
phantaskippy's picture
Playtester

If we aren't doing Haka Of Battle, then are we okay with Omni-Cannon charging for 13 turns, or Tachyon already having all her burst cards in the trash?

grysqrl
grysqrl's picture
ModeratorPlaytester

phantaskippy wrote:

If we aren't doing Haka Of Battle, then are we okay with Omni-Cannon charging for 13 turns, or Tachyon already having all her burst cards in the trash?

I think we're looking at largest finite damage. Haka of Battle (and any other next-time effect) allows for infinite damage because you can just do it over and over again.

The Burning Stickman

phantaskippy wrote:

Yeah, not doing Haka of Battle seems like an arbitrary distinction. You're letting Bunker and Tachyon take advantage of their boosts that involve trashing their entire deck, why is Haka's gone?

We could just limit it to one usage of his deck.

arenson9
arenson9's picture
ModeratorPlaytester

grysqrl wrote:

I think we're looking at largest finite damage. Haka of Battle (and any other next-time effect) allows for infinite damage because you can just do it over and over again.

Yes, this was my point/aim. Take away the infinite damage that becomes possible with 'next time' boosts.

Hi. My name's Andy. Feel free to call me Andy, since, ya know, that's my name. (he/him/his)

If I am not for myself, who will be for me? If not now, when? If I am for myself alone, what am I? -- Hillel

inkomo

Powerhound_2000 wrote:

I have gotten Savage Mana to 306 damage :)

Attachment(s): 
Powerhound_2000

Imbued Vitality shenanigans was already pointed out.   It's never one that comes to mind for me since my first instinct is to get rid of that.  

The Burning Stickman

Also fun: Fixed Point to let Omnitron-X get all of his platings out at once, then Defensive Blast + boosts. Kills everything.

arenson9
arenson9's picture
ModeratorPlaytester

inkomo wrote:

Powerhound_2000 wrote:

I have gotten Savage Mana to 306 damage :)  

Wow!

Theta_Sigma
Theta_Sigma's picture
Playtester

I think in the original thread, the hero deck that could do the most damage to a single target, in a single turn, unassisted, assuming perfect setup was Unity.

I don't think it was expanded to multiple targets.

I don't know what makes me different and I don't care. Maybe it's not my problem, but why do they stare? - The Living End, Strange

Ameena
Ameena's picture
Playtester

I suppose Unity's maximum damage would be if she had all her bots out and played two copies of Powered Shockwave in her Play phase. What would that be..how many bots are there...Freedom Five, three Platforms, two Bees, three Raptors, that's thirteen. So Powered Shockwave would do fourteen (Champion Bot gives +1) to all non-hero targets, so 28 from that. Turret Bot would've done four at the start of the turn. Four from each of the three Platform Bots. And fifteen for each Mr Chomps. Sooo, I think I make that 85 damage? Possibly I missed something, added stuff up wrong, or there's a way to get even more damage but that already looks pretty respectable ;).

I am the Wordweaver...

Basically, I like writing stuff ;)

BlueHairedMeerkat
BlueHairedMeerkat's picture
Playtester

Unity won't be the highest, then; just offhand, CR with all his bounties out, his Hat, his Bow and Hunter and Hunted can play Eye on the Prize x4, Terrible Tech-Strike x2, use Bow for 92.

“You gotta have blue hair."
-Reckless

Matchstickman
Matchstickman's picture
Playtester

Stop lurking, it makes you look like a villain target
When you do things right, people won’t be sure you’ve done anything at all

Temporary image until an H emoticon is added!