The forums moved on March 1, 2021. Please read this page for more information.

La Comodora: Curse of the Black Spot Unlock Discussion

74 posts / 0 new
Last post
McBehrer
McBehrer's picture
Playtester

My failed one did too, so that's not it. Unless it involves rewinding the same turn multiple times. Or rewinding a certain number of times in general.

McBehrer is the sole winner of this game... And McBehrer, I would step carefully should you find your way down dark alleys. More than one vote said simply, "McBehrer must die."

McBehrer confirmed to be Biomancer!
-- Trajector

Blackfang108
Playtester

I think we're on to something here.

gossamerica2

McBehrer wrote:

My failed one did too, so that's not it. Unless it involves rewinding the same turn multiple times. Or rewinding a certain number of times in general.

Rewinding may be necessary, but not sufficient by itself.  Still missing something...

FrivYeti
FrivYeti's picture

There is a successful unlock from the Steam forums that does not have any rewinds in it, so that theory is scorched.

gossamerica2

Drat, so much for my idea.  Okay, with the Guise unlock condition, I really want to figure this one out, as I haven't successfully unlocked yet.  Anybody want to try to summarize what we think we have and suggest something for me to try?

Escher

Over on Steam they're focusing on

A) La Comodora gets all her equipment cards into play (possibly together in some combination, possibly not)

B) La Comodora moves other heroes' cards out of their trash using any of her effects that can do that (possibly it's a total count of other heroes' cards moved in that way, or maybe it's some number for each other hero).

C) La Comodora finishes off a solo villain with a Run Aground dealing at least 11(?) damage.

FrivYeti
FrivYeti's picture

Another failed log to study. I had all the unique equipment in play for over one turn each, dumped it all into the trash, and Ran Aground to kill a solo enemy in the Time Cataclysm. I also rewinded twice, just in case.

https://pastebin.com/5hb9wUtF

Under3
Under3's picture
Playtester

B doesn't sound likely, I don't remember playing around with other heroes trash all that much when I got my unlock, I was very focused on La Comodora's stuff 

Under3
Under3's picture
Playtester

I haven't paid attention to the logs but are there any successful unlocks where any of her start of turn destruction has occured outside of her turn where she finishes the game or are people holding onto them until they can nuke the big bad?

I know I didn't let anything get destroyed until it all went in that one turn, could there be something about not letting them get destroyed until the right time?

Escher

I lost most of my own unlock log to an untimely crash and reload... drat.

FrivYeti
FrivYeti's picture

Under3 wrote:

I haven't paid attention to the logs but are there any successful unlocks where any of her start of turn destruction has occured outside of her turn where she finishes the game or are people holding onto them until they can nuke the big bad?

I know I didn't let anything get destroyed until it all went in that one turn, could there be something about not letting them get destroyed until the right time?

You may be on to something! I tried that specifically, not letting any of her tech explode until it was time, and I got the unlock.

Link: https://pastebin.com/XMUXQXTu

Other things of note: Because I messed up my timing, I still had two equipment cards in play when I blew up Ambuscade (if I'd blown them up he would have been killed by Maria Helena's Plot) so you don't need to blow up all of your equipment, just one of each. I also discarded a lot of equipment from her hand to the trash, so that might still be a factor. I was hoping not to, but I couldn't keep enough one-shots in her hand. 

“Mad Dog”

I can disprove some theories others have posted here.  I have tried the following without getting La Comodora's variant to unlock.

1) In "Time Cataclysm", La Comodora had a copy of every equipment card in play, used every equipment card, did not use her "destroy equipment card at start of turn" ability until the final turn, played "Run Aground" to deal massive damage that incapacitated the villain.  Note that she did *not* have ""Concordant Helm" in her trash.

2) In "Time Cataclysm", La Comodora has a copy of every equipment card in her trash, did not use her "destroy equipment card at start of turn" ability until the final turn, played "Run Aground" to deal massive damage that incapacitated the villain.

When I have time, I'll try the combination of these (a copy of every equipment card in play, a copy of every equipment card used, a copy of every equipment card in the trash).

I have tried SO MANY variations trying for this unlock.  On the plus side, I have learned a lot about how La Comodora works.  On the minus side, I have spent so much time on this...

UPDATE:

GOT THE VARIANT UNLOCK with the combination of the two attempts listed above.

This is what I did:

In "Time Cataclysm":

- La Comodora had a copy of every equipment card in play;

- used every equipment card;

- had a copy of every equipment card in the trash (even *before* the final turn when at the start of her turn she destroyed every equipment card in play and then played "Run Aground");

- did not use her "destroy equipment card at start of turn" ability until the final turn and then played "Run Aground" to deal massive damage that incapacitated the villain.

La Comodora played no ongoing cards and I don't think she played any one-shots until the final "Run Aground".

Some of these steps might be extraneous, but I believe I have proved that a copy of every equipment card must be in La Comodora's trash pile.  Also, am pretty sure the "no destroying equipment cards in play until the final turn" is a requirement from (many) previous games.

Now onto this week's one-shot and then "Completionist Guise", my final variant to unlock.

The PayneTrayne
Playtester

I followed "Mad Dog"'s suggestion of not playing one shots and ongoings (save for the final Run Aground), and got the unlock (versus using a couple in the previous game).

gossamerica2

I also followed the above and got the unlock.  Though I may not have had “Temporal Rigging” in the trash before I let all of my equipment go away for the final blow.  So maybe Mad Dog has over-specified, but it works.

Ario
Ario's picture
Playtester

I've done the above a few times and have yet to get the unlock, so there's still something unspecified. 

Escher

“Mad Dog” wrote:

- had a copy of every equipment card in the trash (even *before* using "Run Aground" to move all equipment cards in play to the discard pile);

That... that isn't what Run Aground does.  Did you mean "move all equipment cards from my discard pile to my deck"?

Escher

Under3 wrote:

B doesn't sound likely, I don't remember playing around with other heroes trash all that much when I got my unlock, I was very focused on La Comodora's stuff 

Okay, then it must be ~10 cards including La Comodora's own cards (and thus however many you return using the final Run Aground count towards that number).

Anyone want to try to disprove this combo?

In a solo villain battle in the Time Cataclysm, La Comodora must remove at least 10 hero cards from their respective trash piles, get each of her unique equipment cards into play, and deal the final blow to the villain using a Run Aground that deals at least 11 damage.

“Mad Dog”

Escher wrote:

“Mad Dog” wrote:

- had a copy of every equipment card in the trash (even *before* using "Run Aground" to move all equipment cards in play to the discard pile);

That... that isn't what Run Aground does.  Did you mean "move all equipment cards from my discard pile to my deck"?

My bad.  I did not write what I meant to say.  I meant:

- had a copy of every equipment card in the trash (even *before* the final turn when at the start of her turn she destroyed every equipment card in play and then played "Run Aground");

I have edited my orginal post to correct it.

Thanks for pointing this out and allowing me to say what I was thinking, not what I wrote.

Ario
Ario's picture
Playtester

Escher wrote:

Anyone want to try to disprove this combo?

In a solo villain battle in the Time Cataclysm, La Comodora must remove at least 10 hero cards from their respective trash piles, get each of her unique equipment cards into play, and deal the final blow to the villain using a Run Aground that deals at least 11 damage.

I did this and it didn't work, (13-15 cards, each unique equipment, and final Run Aground did 14 damage.) The one thing I didn't do was move a card out of La Comodora's trash, and only did her teammates. 

MigrantP
MigrantP's picture

The community has discovered the official unlock condition for La Comodora: Curse of the Black Spot.

Win a game in Time Cataclysm with La Comodora on the team. Each of La Comodora's unique equipment cards must be in play at one time. After that, each of her unique equipment cards must be in her trash at once. La Comodora must deal the final blow with at least 10 damage using Run Aground.

Lead Bit Flipper, Handelabra Games
Developer of Sentinels, Bottom of the 9th, and Spirit Island

TakeWalker
TakeWalker's picture

So, to recap, you have to get each of her Equipment cards out, at the same time, then in the trash, at the same time, then do at least 10 damage with Run Aground to finish the game?

Sounds doable!

Griff's Dad

Does "at one time" mean all the equipment has to be out at the same time?

We failed to unlock after getting each Equipment card out and then into the trash, and then doing 13 damage with Run Aground to finish the game. So we're not sure what we're missing.

McBehrer
McBehrer's picture
Playtester

Yes, that is what the words "at one time" mean.

McBehrer is the sole winner of this game... And McBehrer, I would step carefully should you find your way down dark alleys. More than one vote said simply, "McBehrer must die."

McBehrer confirmed to be Biomancer!
-- Trajector

Pages