The forums moved on March 1, 2021. Please read this page for more information.

La Comodora - Concordant Helm

4 posts / 0 new
Last post
Deverson
La Comodora - Concordant Helm

I’ve read in various strategy guides that La Comodora’s card Concordant Helm can allow her to draw an extra card if she chooses to take her draw phase before the play and power phase, since she hasn’t yet used a play or power.

My gaming group is in disagreement whether this is the correct interpretation of the rule, some argue that since you know you WILL be playinging a card and/or using a power later in your turn, it is incorrect to draw and extra card at the beginning.

Is there any official rule clarification on how to interpret this effect? I’ve been searching but found nothing that directly confirms how this card should function.

Powerhound_2000
Powerhound_2000's picture
PlaytesterExceeded Expectations

Yes, you can find it with the Wager Master ruling in regards to Breaking the Rules.   In that case your turn order is set as Draw, power, and play so you draw two cards to start your turn.  That ruling is posted in Fireside Chats and collected here https://sentinelswiki.com/index.php?title=Wager_Master/Clarifications

Crush your enemies, drive them before you, and laminate their women! - Guise, Prime Wardens #31

bluedarky
bluedarky's picture

The rule for drawing two cards during your draw phase is literally “if you have not played a card or used a power before your draw phase you may draw 2 cards.”

Rabit
Rabit's picture
ModeratorPlaytester

bluedarky wrote:

The rule for drawing two cards during your draw phase is literally “if you have not played a card or used a power before your draw phase you may draw 2 cards.”

This sounds nitpicky, but it really does matter; it should be "if you have not played a card or used a power before your draw phase you may draw an additional card" (so that effects that allow an additional card draw during Draw phrase stack).

"See, this is another sign of your tragic space dementia, all paranoid and crotchety. Breaks the heart." - Mal

Unicode U+24BD gets us Ⓗ. (Thanks, Godai!)