The forums moved on March 1, 2021. Please read this page for more information.

La Capitan/Void Guard/Sentinels nemesis dialogue variations

9 posts / 0 new
Last post
McBehrer
McBehrer's picture
Playtester
La Capitan/Void Guard/Sentinels nemesis dialogue variations

Now that the Void Guard is out, I wanted to see all the different nemesis dialogue variations for them and La Capitan. So, here they are! (As the Void Guard variants are revealed, I'll add them here)

Normal:

La Capitan: "Ahoy, Niños! Have over all of your valuables, or be thrown overboard!"

Sentinels: "We stand as one! We fight together! And we oppose your evil ways!"

Adamant Sentinels: "Everyone, into Alpha Formation! Just like we practiced! We're ready for this."

Dr. Medico: "Heads up, heroes! Dr. Medico is on call!"

Mainstay: "We got ourselves a little a [sic] learnin' opportunity here. Welcome to the School of Hard Knocks!"

Idealist: "If we beat up the villain quick, will we have time to get ice cream?"

Writhe: "Hush. The shadows have some silence they want you to hear."

Nemesis:

Vs Sentinels:

LC: "And so we meet again! Or is this the first time? It is hard to know. But it shall be the last time!"

S: "Once again, the time-travelling ne'er-do-well! You're going to jail this time!"

Vs. Adamant Sentinels:

LC: "You can withstand the seas of time, landlubbers! The time-turbulence has you looking rather green!"

AS: "Ha, ha, very funny. Is there not a timeline in which you learn better jokes?"

Vs. Dr. Medico:

LC: "Si, my crew could always use a Medico, glowing one. First, your defeat. Then, you shall join my crew!"

DM: "Great, now I have to sterilize the area. We don't want any bystanders picking up 17th Century diseases!"

Vs. Idealist:

LC: "La Pequeña Centinela! Have we met before? Do you remember who I am?" (Note, it should be Centinela Pequeña, because Spanish, but whatever)

I: "Look out, it's Maria Helena Teresa Fafila Blah Blah Blah de Falcon, and she's being condescending!"

Vs. Mainstay:

LC: "Quieres Bailar, Mainstay? I know how much you enjoy my unexpected visits!"

M: "We've done this dance before, darlin'. Can't say it'll work out any better for you this time."

Vs. Writhe:

LC: "To ride the shadows themselves... Think of the potential bounty to be had with such power..."

W: "You want my cloak? Take it. All you have to do is reach inside..."

McBehrer is the sole winner of this game... And McBehrer, I would step carefully should you find your way down dark alleys. More than one vote said simply, "McBehrer must die."

McBehrer confirmed to be Biomancer!
-- Trajector

Powerhound_2000
Powerhound_2000's picture
PlaytesterExceeded Expectations

Christopher speaks Spanish and had to go over these so he felt it was correct. 

Crush your enemies, drive them before you, and laminate their women! - Guise, Prime Wardens #31

pricyprovinces
pricyprovinces's picture
Playtester

As of the live stream tonight we also know that team La Capitan has a dialogue with each of the Void Guard and the Sentinels decks.

if life gives you lemons, make a lemon cannon. - the scholar, stranger in a strange world #9

Braithwhite
Braithwhite's picture
AdminPlaytester

Yep!  All of The Villain characters now have unique dialog with their nemeses, and their heroic versions (if applicable).    

The V style villains also now have individual dialog with their nemeses, their  heroic versions, AND any former nemeses they might have (so v style Plague Rat has special lines for Chrono-Ranger, for instance). 

pricyprovinces
pricyprovinces's picture
Playtester

Braithwhite wrote:

The V style villains also now have individual dialog with their nemeses, their  heroic versions, AND any former nemeses they might have (so v style Plague Rat has special lines for Chrono-Ranger, for instance). 

Oddly Plague Rat and La Capitan seem to be the only team villains that got new dialogue, I just checked (Villains of the Multiverse) Miss Information and Ambuscade with Haka and Parse but nothing has changed there. Maybe it's a special case with the two that do have new interactions? That or maybe there are plans to add more to the other two, but they weren't ready in time for this update.

if life gives you lemons, make a lemon cannon. - the scholar, stranger in a strange world #9

MindWanderer
MindWanderer's picture
Playtester

Not all of them. I just tried Vengeance Miss Information vs. Parse, no special dialogue.

Edit: Ninja'ed. For the record, I also tried Hammer & Anvil vs. Expat. Didn't expect anything but figured I'd try. Nada.

Sentinels Statistics Project -- Statistics updated daily!

Submit your games here!

Braithwhite
Braithwhite's picture
AdminPlaytester

Oops, yeah. Some of them I left out for thematic reasons- V style Miss Information has unique lines for each member of the Freedom Five (who she is much more focused on), but not Parse. 

Others I just forgot, like Ambuscade/Haka and Expat/Citizens. 

TakeWalker
TakeWalker's picture

Does La Capitan have extra dialogue with the Sentinels?

Braithwhite
Braithwhite's picture
AdminPlaytester

(v) style la capitan? She does. It’s:

La Capitan: “La Capitan? Eso me gusta!”

Sentinels: “La Capitan! Spread out and watch for her crew...strange that we haven’t seen any sign of them yet.”

and for the Adamant Sentinels:

La Capitan: “Finally! I know you, you know me. Let’s dispense with the introductions then, si?”

Adamant Sentinels: “We beat her when she was stronger, right? Let’s send her younger self back to the timestream!”