The forums moved on March 1, 2021. Please read this page for more information.

Kickstarter: Launched

427 posts / 0 new
Last post
Christopher
Christopher's picture
AdminGame Designer
Kickstarter: Launched

Here it is!

*the crowd goes wild*

I cannot tell you all enough just how excited I am about this.

"Your goodness must have some edge to it — else it is none."
 - Ralph Waldo Emerson

Ronway
Ronway's picture
PlaytesterTruth Seeker

If I actually had money to spend a bagillion dollars on this to get what I wanted, I would so pledge the five hundred for Character Elaboration and choose the Hippo Man from Haka's Savage Mana card... Hopefully someone else will get around to it.

Edit: *Fingers crossed for stretch rewards return with the New Baron Blade*

foxtrot2620
Playtester

What are the chances of us getting a peek at the artwork for the HP and damage modifier counter tokens?  ;)

Spiff
Spiff's picture
PlaytesterExceeded ExpectationsUnique Capabilities

I'm in.  I see there's no new alt hero card this time, which is a shame (I love stuff like that), but I'm pledged for a new copy of the core game and the new expansion.  It will be a long summer while I wait for it to be delivered. :)

Spiff's SotM site: www.spiffworld.com/sotm

WriterRyan
WriterRyan's picture
ModeratorPlaytester

Ronway wrote:
If I actually had money to spend a bagillion dollars on this to get what I wanted, I would so pledge the five hundred for Character Elaboration and choose the Hippo Man from Haka's Savage Mana card... Hopefully someone else will get around to it.

The Hippo Man is absolutely my favorite small-time villain.

See the way my body's glowing? Yeah, a lot of people can't do that.

Ronway
Ronway's picture
PlaytesterTruth Seeker

WriterRyan wrote:

Ronway wrote:

I say we should start a Hippo Man fan club and demand a Hippo Man card. With your connections you could surely push them into it.

WriterRyan
WriterRyan's picture
ModeratorPlaytester

Ronway wrote:

WriterRyan wrote:

Ronway wrote:

I say we should start a Hippo Man fan club and demand a Hippo Man card. With your connections you could surely push them into it.

Haha, we could make a sub Kickstarter. All the reward levels will be "If this gets funded, we ask >G to make a Hippo Man card".

Also, I am incredibly excited for the theme of this expansion. Those tentacles behind the pyramid! That tree person! I think mah heart's a-splodin'!

Ronway
Ronway's picture
PlaytesterTruth Seeker

WriterRyan wrote:
Also, I am incredibly excited for the theme of this expansion. Those tentacles behind the pyramid! That tree person! I think mah heart's a-splodin'!

It's genius! I'm sure we're not only two who desire Hippo Man to be there. I'd be happy if he was just be a stand alone promo villian card that can be used awkwardly with all villian decks.

I wasn't too excited when I heard it was a arcane expansion, but after seeing the cover it got my blood pumping. Both heroes just look amazing, especially the female one. Not too mention the villians and it is only half the those. So glad I will be a playtester, going crazy just waiting until next month let alone in August.

Christopher
Christopher's picture
AdminGame Designer

Spiff wrote:
I'm in.  I see there's no new alt hero card this time, which is a shame (I love stuff like that), but I'm pledged for a new copy of the core game and the new expansion.  It will be a long summer while I wait for it to be delivered. :)

There will be alt heroes.

That's all I'm saying on this right now.

- Ralph Waldo Emerson

Spiff
Spiff's picture

If there will be alt heroes but no alt heroes are part of the Kickstarter, then does that mean that to get said alt heroes, you need to physically go to a convention and be handed one?  I'm hoping not. :)

logan_mann

Christopher wrote:

Spiff wrote:

There will be alt heroes.

That's all I'm saying on this right now.

Stretch goals?

Christopher
Christopher's picture
AdminGame Designer

You will have no trouble getting the promo cards...

Come on, guys!  I'm trying not to spill the beans too much here!

- Ralph Waldo Emerson

Spiff
Spiff's picture

Quote:
You will have no trouble getting the promo cards...

I am satisfied now. :)

ReptilianSamurai

Very awesome! My girlfriend and I have been playing the game a lot since PAX East, and I am excited about backing additional expansions, and love that the second printing of the main game is going to be so improved.

EvanDan55
EvanDan55's picture
Playtester

Don't scare me like that! Seriously, I nearly had a heart attack when I saw the news! But now I'm just really excited again!

You're free to do whatever you want to.

ketigid

I will need more details on the Enhanced Second Edition before deciding.

1. Will the card back of all the decks be updated?
2. Will any existing art be updated?
3. Will the new box hold just the base game plus 2 expansions? Will there be space for a third or fourth expansion?
4. Will the storage solution be sleeve friendly?
5. Will Young Legacy be re-released with thicker card stock? This is just for OCD me.
6. What will the HP counters look like?
7. Will there be damage count modifier counters? Damage type modifier counters?
8. Will the pdf for existing first edition owners include the remastered environment decks with new art?

Thanks! :)

josul0215
josul0215's picture
Playtester

I'm just really glad that they added a new level of support because I wanted the 2nd Printing of Core, Relics, and the Promo cards, and they introduced a new support level! I was so happy about it since I was pondering which level to get in the first place since I wanted all 3.

EvanDan55
EvanDan55's picture
Playtester

Ronway wrote:

Edit: *Fingers crossed for stretch rewards return with the New Baron Blade*

I literally said the exact same thing to my roommate earlier. I say we should round up a group and have everyone chip in to get Hippo Man more "screen time"!

And I'm trusting you with the fate of the promo cards, Chris. I've already done my pledge, so if we'll have "no trouble", I'm assuming anyone who at least did the $30 will get them. I hope. Because I want every single card. Ever.

But if it's like last time and getting the promo card is an extra $10-$15, no hassle. I can handle that.

Ronway
Ronway's picture
PlaytesterTruth Seeker

evandan55 wrote:
I literally said the exact same thing to my roommate earlier. I say we should round up a group and have everyone chip in to get Hippo Man more "screen time"!

And I'm trusting you with the fate of the promo cards, Chris. I've already done my pledge, so if we'll have "no trouble", I'm assuming anyone who at least did the $30 will get them. I hope. Because I want every single card. Ever.

I completely agree with you, if only we know someone who is actually trust worthy enough to have them put the pledge in for that. I sure know I don't want the responsibilty for it.

I think the thirty dollars was the lowest amount you had to pledge to get all the Rook City bonuses so you should hopefully be good in that aspect. I also want to have all the cards it'll be pretty sweet.

EvanDan55
EvanDan55's picture
Playtester

If they ever offer that reward again, I honestly say we start a group and somehow pool our donations to get Hippo Man his time in the spotlight. Either him, or the orangutan with the lazer gun on Tachyon's Lightning Reflexes.

Ronway
Ronway's picture
PlaytesterTruth Seeker

Maybe we can get enough people to get together this time around. And if we succeed we can speak to the boss peeps of >G how they would recommend use going about this. Heck i'd be willing to pitch in another $50 to see Hippo Man come to life. Guess a topic needs to be started to get it going. Though I am fairly bad about getting things organized.

Edit: Ehh... Maybe more like $20, thinking I may be spending too much as it is.

EvanDan55
EvanDan55's picture
Playtester

We'll see. I don't think I'd have enough money this time around to add to that donation, and I'd really love to help, but I'd have to save money for next time if we put this off. But if we wanted to do anything right now, we could just ask people what background characters they'd want to see. If enough people are with us, we know we've got the support. I honestly think the >G guys knew if they'd offer this, we'd try and pick the silliest character. Maybe they're prepared for this.

Ronway
Ronway's picture
PlaytesterTruth Seeker

So next time then! Sounds like a good plan indeed. I think they offered this because of a old topic of people wanting certain characters to be a card and Hippo Man was even brough up several times in it. So they surely knew people would want that one. They may even decide to make him just because the hype about him, thus no money spent at all! Which will be awesome if it were true.

EvanDan55
EvanDan55's picture
Playtester

Well, now that they know our plan, they may do something with him. Or someone else, seeing as at least one person at some point or another asks about the strange background characters. And we wanna see them all. I wanna see a deck where we have to fight all of those look-alike people (I call them the Other Heroes). But we'll hold a "council" and decide which background character gets the spotlight.

Ronway
Ronway's picture
PlaytesterTruth Seeker

That would be really cool, especially if Hippo Man is voted to be the villian character card. I wonder how effective a villian deck would be with twenty-five minions though?

EvanDan55
EvanDan55's picture
Playtester

Okay, maybe not every single Other Hero, but how about the OHs of just the Freedom Five? Plus one more, to be the main villain. So it'd be the Freedom Five vs... Sinister Six?

(Which is also the name of a rather obscure video game rap group)

Ronway
Ronway's picture
PlaytesterTruth Seeker

I think it sounds like a really awesome idea. I'm just wondering why they haven't commented at all about it. Maybe they are having trouble coming up with something due to the fact they were already thinking about making a deck like that and are now freaking out that their plan is ruined!

Just to mention Kickstarter again, can't believe it is already nearly funded in less than 24 hours.

EvanDan55
EvanDan55's picture
Playtester

I know, right? We've got like two hours left, and just about $1300 to go! Can we make to fully funded by the 24 hour mark?

I think so!

Spiff
Spiff's picture

Chris was right.  I have been satisfied.  Two alt heroes = muy bueno.

Ronway
Ronway's picture
PlaytesterTruth Seeker

We can totally make it in two hours! This kickstarter is already much better than the last. I think it took about a week to reach the goal and not too mention in last two weeks to even reach twenty thousand.

Love the idea of two alternate heroes. Now if only Baron Blade is brought back as well.

EvanDan55
EvanDan55's picture
Playtester

Ronway wrote:
I think it sounds like a really awesome idea. I'm just wondering why they haven't commented at all about it. Maybe they are having trouble coming up with something due to the fact they were already thinking about making a deck like that and are now freaking out that their plan is ruined!

Just to mention Kickstarter again, can't believe it is already nearly funded in less than 24 hours.

They probably haven't said anything because either they haven't seen this yet, or they've got some other plans for them, or just no plans at all.

Or, as usual, this is just one of those things we don't get spoilers for. Which is fine. We can't exactly ask for all the answers. I mean we could, but I'm starting to understand why Chris always says: "Where's the fun in that?" Besides, we've already got another entire expansion to dig for spoilers!

Ronway
Ronway's picture
PlaytesterTruth Seeker

evandan55 wrote:
They probably haven't said anything because either they haven't seen this yet, or they've got some other plans for them, or just no plans at all.

Or, as usual, this is just one of those things we don't get spoilers for. Which is fine. We can't exactly ask for all the answers. I mean we could, but I'm starting to understand why Chris always says: "Where's the fun in that?" Besides, we've already got another entire expansion to dig for spoilers!

Very true. But i'll have all the answers about this expansion soon enough so even more future is more exciting. And hey, if the >G peeps don't mind i'll even be up for playing a few of the playtesting decks with you via skype or something.

Eight hundred away, my gosh by golly.

EvanDan55
EvanDan55's picture
Playtester

Are you going to be a playtester for this one? I mean, if they're cool with that, that's fine, though I doubt it'd be allowed. I don't wanna insult >G by tapping into privileges I didn't pay for. I could always just start a forum topic like last time and ask you guys how it's going.

Ronway
Ronway's picture
PlaytesterTruth Seeker

Oh yeah i'll be a playtester again. They encouraged us to play with our friends in such so I don't see why they would. Besides I won't reveal all of them and their playstyles. Maybe just one of each or something. Besides with my awkward work/sleep schedule, my son, and other game addiction I probably won't be online to play much anyhow.

EvanDan55
EvanDan55's picture
Playtester

Maybe we can find one time though. I'd totally appreciate a little taste of the expansion. Send me a PM when that time comes.

Ronway
Ronway's picture
PlaytesterTruth Seeker

As soon as I do get confirmation that it will be acceptable and actually have the resources then I will totally PM you and try and arrange at least a few games. So I got my fingers crossed that they ok it. It'd be helpful for myself as well considering 90% of the Rook City playtest games I played were solo.

EvanDan55
EvanDan55's picture
Playtester

Alright, we made it! WHEW! Excitement is in the air! Now, just $10K left to go and we'll have our promo cards! It's barely even day two, so I'm sure by the end of the month, we'll have our promos. Hooray!

Spiff
Spiff's picture

Quote:
Love the idea of two alternate heroes. Now if only Baron Blade is brought back as well.

Agreed.  Alt versions of villains would be suh-weet as well.  Don't forget about those guys.

Paul
Paul's picture
Admin

For our last kickstarter, we definitely had a group of people pledge together for a reward, so if a bunch of you wanted to get together and force us to bring the hippo man back, more power to ya! :)

“Many of the truths we cling to depend greatly on our own point of view.” ~Obi-Wan Kenobi

lugaru
lugaru's picture

Just kicked in for the new expansion... with the remastering I'm mostly interested in the new enviroments (they look really nice) so hopefully they will be available for sale like all other replacement decks... I'm one of those "practical guys" who is in no rush to upgrade editions yet.

Hopefully we get some alternate heroes out of it, but some alternate villains in the future would be HUGE.

ketigid

Puzzle Strike Kickstarter mentioned on BGG news, but not Infernal Relics. :'(

Matchstickman
Matchstickman's picture
Playtester

More stretch rewards announced... but one might be a bit difficult to get

Quote:
$50 K - Super Secret Awesome Bonus Time!!!  Each backer who pledges at least $30K will receive something super awesome.

For $30K, yeah I expect something super awesome! :P

Stop lurking, it makes you look like a villain target
When you do things right, people won’t be sure you’ve done anything at all

Temporary image until an H emoticon is added!

Spiff
Spiff's picture

I really want those alt villains.  $45k is $17k away, which is about $630/day.  I have no idea if that's possible or not.

Adam
Adam's picture
Admin

ketigid wrote:
Puzzle Strike Kickstarter mentioned on BGG news, but not Infernal Relics. :'(

We're actually in the "Staff Picks" section today. :)

ketigid

Spiff wrote:
I really want those alt villains.  $45k is $17k away, which is about $630/day.  I have no idea if that's possible or not.

We already have art prints for 20k. I would really prefer if Omnitron is at 35k, Baron Blade is at 40k, and new art prints at 45k instead.

I mean, I'm a gamer, and I'm always excited by new game material. I'm pretty sure the new Omnitron and Baron Blade will bring me more enjoyment than more art prints. That's my opinion.

Ronway
Ronway's picture
PlaytesterTruth Seeker

Oh boy oh boy. Both a Omnitron and Baron Blade cards? I'm so looking foward to it. Will they both be keeping their original flip mechanic or are we supposed to expect something entirely new?

I think the reason being that the Art Prints come first is because they are the cheaper thing to have made. At the rate their going they should have no problem clearing Omnitron at least if not more.

ketigid

3 roughly A4 sized art prints vs 2 standard size cards... I know nothing about printing but I'm not convinced that the art prints are cheaper to produce...

But I do hope we get Baron Blade. Mad scientists are awesome!

WriterRyan
WriterRyan's picture
ModeratorPlaytester

Woo, Fanatic alternate card! I'm very excited about getting that. :D

foxtrot2620
Playtester

I'm excited about the new Fanatic and Ra cards. I wonder what the >G guys came up with for them. It will have to be pretty impressive because their current character cards are great.

Spiff
Spiff's picture

Quote:
I'm pretty sure the new Omnitron and Baron Blade will bring me more enjoyment than more art prints. That's my opinion.

That's my opinion too.

Craig
Craig's picture
Admin

Baron Blade has been my favorite since the first time I played, so that's very exciting to me. To be honest, it's been an idea of mine to put together a Hero deck for him, Megamind-style. Just one more project on the stack...

Twitter: imprimis5. Follow away!

Pages