The forums moved on March 1, 2021. Please read this page for more information.

karmafalcon's theory drabbles. 1. Are OblivAeon and Wager Master... Connected?

2 posts / 0 new
Last post
karmafalcon
karmafalcon's theory drabbles. 1. Are OblivAeon and Wager Master... Connected?

Hello hello! I am he who asks questions no one really cares about and goes off on tangents readily, but today I had an odd thought that I wonder was ever truly considered.

Wager Master and OblivAeon are different Cosmic Entities. One seeks to simply play games against 'Heroes', causing mayhem for his own amusement. OblivAeon seeks to end EVERYTHING.

... but there seems to be a connection. I'm not saying 'All Cosmic Entities are related', mostly cause my lore knowledge is as deep as a rain puddle in a desert, but from what I know Wager Master was created when someone bet that 'nothing would happen' before the Universe was made, and came into creation some point after that first wager was lost.

If we don't know who made that wager to whom, then let us take a look at the Cosmic Entity of Nothingness. For whatever reason, OblivAeon wants to destroy the Multiverse, bringing everything back to zero. Wager Master plays around in the vast Multiverse, created from every lost wager ever. Did OblivAeon make the wager in the beginning? Is he such a being that hates change and branching paths so much that, in being a sore loser, seeks to return the slate to nothingness and start over?

I mean, OblivAeon is taking away Wager Master's toys AND playground, is WM afraid of OblivAeon that he won;t try to fight back? Is there some kind of Cosmic Entitiy Bro Code that prevents Wager Master from interfering? Or, in being created unintentionally by OblivAeon from the first Wager, is Wager Master powerless to interfere as everything he enjoys gets shut down? If it was a single universe, I could understand WM just eating popcorn and watching the show, but OblivAeon wants the end the Multiverse. 

.. or has he been trying to help as best as he is able? Signs have been showing everywhere heralding the arrival of OblivAeon, some quite ominous and rather impossible in their creation. Are these, in fact, the work of Wager Master trying to ensure his game pieces can actually put up a fight? If he is empowered by lost bets... is he, prehaps, betting that OblivAeon will succeed?

In any case, my conversational fieldtrips that are the tangents I make have come to a stop and I await any form of feedback. Are they related somehow beyond being Cosmic ENtities in the same Multiverse? Is there a Cosmic Entitiy that ISN'T a douche to the Multiverse? All this and more possibly never! But until then, this is karmafalcon, balancing the scales.

BrianleWolfhunt
Playtester

It is confirmed in the Letters page podcast that Christopher and Adam do that the two are indeed connected in that they are both Singular Entities, aka they are creatures that exist on some upper plane and are unique in the multiverse, meaning there is only one of them.

Wager master also semi-actively opposes Oblivaeon durring the final fight. For the most part though he isn't really involved. He is characterized as an attention seeking younger brother who feels upstaged by his less-fun reletive, OblivAeon.

Here is a link to the wager master episode if you like. There is more in other episodes. http://theletterspage.libsyn.com/episode-41-wager-master 

Hope this helps.