The forums moved on March 1, 2021. Please read this page for more information.

Kaarga Warfang and Unforgiving Wasteland

5 posts / 0 new
Last post
Powerhound_2000
Powerhound_2000's picture
PlaytesterExceeded Expectations
Kaarga Warfang and Unforgiving Wasteland

If Kaarga Warfang gets removed from the game due to Unforgiving Wasteland does the game still continue due to the Colosseum rules?   If so, does Kaarga's deck still remain in the game to play cards?  

Crush your enemies, drive them before you, and laminate their women! - Guise, Prime Wardens #31

pwatson1974
pwatson1974's picture
Playtester

I would imagine it proceeds in the same way as Omnitron. The deckremains but anything mentioning Kaargra herself doesn't work.

G+ games: I am part of the 100%

Powerhound_2000
Powerhound_2000's picture
PlaytesterExceeded Expectations

That is what I was thinking would be the case but it's not a situation I've heard brought up.  

Crush your enemies, drive them before you, and laminate their women! - Guise, Prime Wardens #31

phantaskippy
phantaskippy's picture
Playtester

The only reason Omnitron can work that way is he has an On Destruction effect that removes him and keeps the game going.  Kaargra has no such effect.

This is actually a very interesting test of the "all on destruct effects happen" rule.

Both Kaargra Warfang's card and Unforgiving Wasteland say "When would be destroyed _____ instead."  One flips the Character Card, one removes it from play.  The trouble is if you remove it from play the game is over and the heroes win, by rule.  This is because, "Unless otherwise stated, when a Villain Character card is destroyed the heroes win".  Kaargra Warfang's target side of her character card does say otherwise, but the effect "The Heroes cannot win the game" is a static effect.

Static effects are only active while the card is in play.  If Kaargra is removed from play, or flipped then removed, then that effect is no longer active and the heroes can win the game, and they will, immediately upon her card leaving play.

So monsters drag the Arena Master off into the dark night, and everyone decides they have had enough and go home.

Arcanist Lupus
Arcanist Lupus's picture
Bolster AlliesInspiring Presence

phantaskippy wrote:
"Unless otherwise stated, when a Villain Character card is destroyed the heroes win".  

Although, technically speaking, Kaargra is not being destroyed.  But I think that you are still correct anyways.

"Do you not know that a man is not dead while his name is still spoken?"

- Terry Pratchett, Going Postal