The forums moved on March 1, 2021. Please read this page for more information.

je rulebook destroying/removing presence question.

3 posts / 0 new
Last post
kazaasaky
je rulebook destroying/removing presence question.

p 28 'Events (and Fear) Work Differently than Powers'

If you voluntarily Destroy Presence to prevent Blight being added to a board, that Presence could be saved by Flowing and Silent Forms Dart By (Shroud of Silent Mist) or Hold the Island Fast with a Bulwark of Will (Stone’s Unyielding Defiance).

p 28 'Presence: Returning, Removing, Replacing, Destroying'

(Removal is generally voluntary) and interaction with other effects: a few Powers can save Presence from Destruction but not Removal.

i think rulebook say 'presence destroy prevent effect is prevent even voluntary destroy effect' and 'a few Powers can save Presence from Destruction but not Removal. Removal(presence) is generally voluntary(destory presence).

q1.voluntary destroy is not remove?  i need more explain 'a few Powers can save Presence from Destruction but not Removal.'

q2. when land would be ravage or building, rampant`s 'choke the land with green's destroying presence + ' flowing and silent forms dart by'  can prevent destroying? (result, that land do not ravage action / build action, and rampant`s presecent not destroyed.

dpt
dpt's picture
Playtester

On Q1: "destroy" can be voluntary or not, but in any case is different from "remove". It only counts as "remove" if it literally uses that word, as on a card like the Major power Bargains of Power and Protection. A power like the two you mention (Flowing and Silent Forms Dart By or Hold the Island Fast with a Bulwark of Will) can prevent anything that says "destroy" (like Draw Down into a Consuming Void), but not something like Bargains of Power and Protection.

Q2: Yes, you can prevent the Ravage by (attempting to) Destroy Presence, then prevent the Destruction with Flowing and Silent Forms Dart By.

McBehrer
McBehrer's picture
Playtester

Not saying you're wrong, but are you sure about that for Q2?

I would think that if it isn't actually destroyed, it wouldn't prevent the ravage or whatever

McBehrer is the sole winner of this game... And McBehrer, I would step carefully should you find your way down dark alleys. More than one vote said simply, "McBehrer must die."

McBehrer confirmed to be Biomancer!
-- Trajector