The forums moved on March 1, 2021. Please read this page for more information.

It's here: mega-update to Fireside Chats thread. Discuss!

26 posts / 0 new
Last post
MigrantP
MigrantP's picture
It's here: mega-update to Fireside Chats thread. Discuss!

It's been a long time coming, but the Fireside Chats thread has now been updated through the end of Season 1. Whew!

This thread is a good place to discuss bits and pieces, but if you want to have a more lengthy discussion about a particular rule it's probably best to make a new thread.

Lead Bit Flipper, Handelabra Games
Developer of Sentinels, Bottom of the 9th, and Spirit Island

Pydro
Pydro's picture
ModeratorPlaytester

Must.......give......high.....five....

Civilized men are more discourteous than savages because they know they can be impolite without having their skulls split, as a general thing.
-Robert E. Howard, "The Tower of the Elephant"

Matchstickman
Matchstickman's picture
Playtester

Hmmm. I see that the forum says you have updated it but I cannot see any update. The last thing there for me is Minipack 2 updates. Is this more of the forum edit post weirdness?

Stop lurking, it makes you look like a villain target
When you do things right, people won’t be sure you’ve done anything at all

Temporary image until an H emoticon is added!

Foote
Foote's picture
PlaytesterHarmony

I'm not even slightly joking when I say I've been waiting for those Isolated Hero rules for years.

If GI Bunker uses his innate power on a target, and an Isolated Hero deals damage to that target, the damage is not made irreducible.

Mr. Fixer is an Isolated Hero and plays Grease Gun. When a non-hero target tries to deal damage to a hero target, and cannot, this does not count as “affecting another hero."

Suppose Haka has some of Unity’s cards (typically, mechanical golems) under Savage Mana, and then Haka or Unity becomes an Isolated Hero. If  Haka uses the power on Savage Mana, the Unity cards are not destroyed. They stay under Savage Mana.

Here are the most relevant rules from our long-since-dead-but-never-forgotten thread on Isolated Hero back in the day.

Edit: I STILL don't know about Stun Bolts and Isolated Hero. We used that example a lot in the above thread, but these Fireside rules don't quite address the Stun Bolt interaction. MP, can you shed some light on that one?

arenson9
arenson9's picture
ModeratorPlaytester

Date of update: 2015/2016

So much info ... head ... too ... spinning .. make ... sense ...

Hi. My name's Andy. Feel free to call me Andy, since, ya know, that's my name. (he/him/his)

If I am not for myself, who will be for me? If not now, when? If I am for myself alone, what am I? -- Hillel

Rabit
Rabit's picture
ModeratorPlaytester

Matchstickman wrote:

Hmmm. I see that the forum says you have updated it but I cannot see any update. The last thing there for me is Minipack 2 updates. Is this more of the forum edit post weirdness?

I'm seeing the same, with "Last Updated: Dec 26, 2015 (typo fix)" at the bottom. crying

"See, this is another sign of your tragic space dementia, all paranoid and crotchety. Breaks the heart." - Mal

Unicode U+24BD gets us Ⓗ. (Thanks, Godai!)

MigrantP
MigrantP's picture

We have always been at war with Oceania.

Matchstickman
Matchstickman's picture
Playtester

Right. Doing the same thing again doesn't fix it MigrantP. You need to make a new post in that thread with the clarifications, the first post does not update due to forum bugs.

much0gust0
much0gust0's picture
Playtester

MigrantP wrote:

We have always been at war with Oceania.

Possibly new favorite post of the year.

Donner
Donner's picture
Playtester

Interestingly, I checked this out on my PC earlier and I didn't see the update.  I checked it out on my phone and I could see the update just fine.

"Deja-fu? You've heard of that?"
- Lu Tze, Sweeper, Thief of Time by Terry Pratchett

Pydro
Pydro's picture
ModeratorPlaytester

Hmmm....I was on my phone and saw it too. A pattern?

Civilized men are more discourteous than savages because they know they can be impolite without having their skulls split, as a general thing.

LewdDolphin21
LewdDolphin21's picture
Playtester

I do not see the edit on either of my PCs or my phone. Blargh.

Matchstickman
Matchstickman's picture
Playtester

Huzzah for Pydro!

arenson9
arenson9's picture
ModeratorPlaytester

I saw it on my PC.

Hi. My name's Andy. Feel free to call me Andy, since, ya know, that's my name. (he/him/his)

If I am not for myself, who will be for me? If not now, when? If I am for myself alone, what am I? -- Hillel

MigrantP
MigrantP's picture

Matchstickman wrote:

Right. Doing the same thing again doesn't fix it MigrantP. You need to make a new post in that thread with the clarifications, the first post does not update due to forum bugs.

I definitely can do that, and always could! Nothing to see here!

Pydro
Pydro's picture
ModeratorPlaytester

Everything should be good now. smiley

TakeWalker
TakeWalker's picture

New motto:

Stay in the Game! Prevent Lonely Constructs!

Dynamic Syphon LOL indeed.

Thank you so much for keeping us up to date on this, John! It's un-mystified some weird effect from the video game, not to mention revealing situations I've never seen before. (Dat LSB + Synaptic Interruption trick!)

...Of course, I just thought of another one: If Guise has someone else's card in his hand -- a Link, a Golem, Tool Box -- and an effect requires him to discard, does discarding that other hero's card satisfy Guise's discard, the other hero's, both? Neither?

phantaskippy
phantaskippy's picture
Playtester

f Guise uses “Lemme See That” to take “Jack Handle”, and then uses “I Can Do That, Too” to use the power “Squall," then for each target hit by the power, Jack Handle takes effect. For example, if there are 4 targets in play, Guise will deal 1 damage 4 times each to the 4 targets (16 times in total). Gross.

WHAT?

Okay, Poop just got extremely real.  So, essentially, any time a card other than Jackhandle would cause Fixer to deal damage to a target, he deals that damage to all non-hero targets instead.

And Dual-Crowbars, anytime a card other than itself (meaning that card, not excluding other dual crowbars) or Jackhandle cause Fixer to deal damage (I'm countinng the first damage as being the original hit even if that isn't technically correct) you deal another target that much damage.

So Fixed Point+Jackhandle+Dual Crowbars+Blackout is the real deal.  (just not in the video game yet)

PePe QuiCoSE

phantaskippy wrote:

f Guise uses “Lemme See That” to take “Jack Handle”, and then uses “I Can Do That, Too” to use the power “Squall," then for each target hit by the power, Jack Handle takes effect. For example, if there are 4 targets in play, Guise will deal 1 damage 4 times each to the 4 targets (16 times in total). Gross.

WHAT?

Ahahahahaha wow, these rulings are awesome. Super ironic that the guy that breaks so many consistencies in the game is called Fixer.

Bas

MigrantP in update wrote:

Assuming a chicken and a half can lay an egg and a half in a day and a half, it takes 3 parsecs for a monkey with a wooden leg to kick all of the seeds out of a dill pickle.

LOL laugh

Trajector
Trajector's picture

Three comments:

1. Thank you thank you THANK you for that Provacator Tarnis ruling!

2. Finally an answer to the enduring Jack Crowbars situation! Though, for some reason, I had not thought about Quadruple Crowbars before - thanks for putting that combo into my head, though I find it odd that it deals three instances of damage instead of four.

3. One of the Guise clarifications says something about that "he cannot can he" do something. Was that a question? :P

Voob Gooblin
Voob Gooblin's picture

Triggers that say "when a card is played" and "when a card enters play" work the same way. They are normalized to "when a card enters play" in the video game.

What about cards like Informant & Trueshot?—do their effects now trigger both when a hero card is played and when a hero card is put into play by some other means? I always thought 'putting into play' was a way of getting around their effects—was that always incorrect? This concerns me.

Also, the Provocator Tarnis ruling: I wonder about similar "the first time an x target does y etc." cards like Glamour, that seem to with function in the opposite way—is there a precedent setting here, or do we just have to take cards like this on a case by case basis? or is Tarnis an exception somehow?

MigrantP
MigrantP's picture

Informant and Trueshot should work the same way as before.

We'll revisit that one with respect to "put into play", I think something might have been missed there in the discussion.

I can't give clarifications about cards we haven't discussed with Christopher yet.

MigrantP
MigrantP's picture

Trajector wrote:

3. One of the Guise clarifications says something about that "he cannot can he" do something. Was that a question? :P

Just a typo, but I can't edit the post right now.

TakeWalker
TakeWalker's picture

TakeWalker wrote:

If Guise has someone else's card in his hand -- a Link, a Golem, Tool Box -- and an effect requires him to discard, does discarding that other hero's card satisfy Guise's discard, the other hero's, both? Neither?

Well, I tried this out in digital today. The answer is, Tool Box counts for Guise and goes into Guise's trash! (Fixer can get it back with Salvage Yard, of course.)

MigrantP
MigrantP's picture

Triggers that say "when a card is played" and "when a card enters play" work the same way. They are normalized to "when a card enters play" in the video game.

This has been deleted - it was a mixup and was not supposed to be there, and never happened =)

Also the typo mentioned above has been fixed.