The forums moved on March 1, 2021. Please read this page for more information.

Interaction between Next Evolution and Infection

4 posts / 0 new
Last post
broccoli
broccoli's picture
Playtester
Interaction between Next Evolution and Infection

Next Evolution gives you Immunity to a damage type "until the start of your next turn".  Infection deals you damage "at the start of your turn."  So if last turn, you made yourself immune to toxic damage, would it prevent you from taking the damage from Infection?  I'm trying to figure out if the immunity ends sometime during the "Start of Turn" phase, in which case, play order could be the result, or if it ends as soon as "Start of Turn" begins, in which it kind of stops in a weird limbo phase.

I assume the same ruling would apply to Galvanize and whether or not he would increase the damage he deals to himself with Infection.

Thoughts, opinions, rulings?

"I'm not prone to hyperbole, but she is the Antichrist." - chwineka

arenson9
arenson9's picture
ModeratorPlaytester

I think Next Evolution and Galvanize end at the point that your next turn starts -- before any effects that happen during the start of your next turn.

Hi. My name's Andy. Feel free to call me Andy, since, ya know, that's my name. (he/him/his)

If I am not for myself, who will be for me? If not now, when? If I am for myself alone, what am I? -- Hillel

Ronway
Ronway's picture
PlaytesterTruth Seeker

I second Arenson's answer. Though Next Evolution my depend on which card is played first, but I think i'd still stick with Arenson until a >G representative says otherwise.

McBehrer
McBehrer's picture
Playtester

Yeah, I would agree that when it says "until" it does not include the start of your next turn, making it more or less equivalent to "up through the end of the turn before your next turn," so Galvanize and Evolution do not apply during the start of your next turn at all.

McBehrer is the sole winner of this game... And McBehrer, I would step carefully should you find your way down dark alleys. More than one vote said simply, "McBehrer must die."

McBehrer confirmed to be Biomancer!
-- Trajector