The forums moved on March 1, 2021. Please read this page for more information.

Incapacitated Setting Sun Ra and Fixed Point

6 posts / 0 new
Last post
HikariStarshine
Playtester
Incapacitated Setting Sun Ra and Fixed Point

Because this strikes me as being a very, very important thing to be aware of how it works:

Fixed Point:

All cards other than this card are indestructible.

Setting Sun Ra (Incapacitated):

*One hero deals 1 target 10 irreducible fire damage. Remove Ra from the game.

*Destroy each non-hero target with 4 or fewer HP. Remove Ra from the game.

Which of these two cards takes precedence?  Is it possible, under Fixed Point conditions, to use one of the big guns here and still have Ra remain in play?

Powerhound_2000
Powerhound_2000's picture
PlaytesterExceeded Expectations

I would say Fixed Point the wording for Indestructible says they can't be destroyed or removed from play.  

Crush your enemies, drive them before you, and laminate their women! - Guise, Prime Wardens #31

HikariStarshine
Playtester

Removed from play, yes.  The bigger question here, though, is whether 'Removed from game' is considered to be a subset of 'Removed from play' or not.  If 'Removed from game' is included in 'Removed from play', then there's no problem.  If 'Removed from game' is considered to be a separate effect entirely from 'Destroyed' and 'Removed from play', then we don't actually have any effective rulings for this specific interaction.

This is, after all, the only time we've ever had a situation where a card could potentially be Indestructible and still have a game effect tell it to be the target of a 'Remove from game'.  All previous instances of 'Remove from game' have either been going after cards that aren't in play, or require a card to be destroyed in order to trigger the removal.

Powerhound_2000
Powerhound_2000's picture
PlaytesterExceeded Expectations

Well then it'll have to wait until Setting Ra is in the Video Game to know for sure as we don't seem to get rulings much.   I would say since it is a difference and I was thinking play not remove from game that Setting Sun Ra is gone.  

Crush your enemies, drive them before you, and laminate their women! - Guise, Prime Wardens #31

dpt
dpt's picture
Playtester

I'm going with Fixed Point taking precedence. It's certainly in the spirit of things, and it just says "all cards" are indestructible, period.

(It occurred to me to wonder if an incapacitated hero could be destroyed by Cedisitic Dissonant. But alas, it's still a character card.)

phantaskippy
phantaskippy's picture
Playtester

I can't see a card leaving the game yet remaining in play, so I would guess that in order to leave the game a card has to leave play.  An indestructible card cannot leave play, so I can't see how it would be able to leave the game.