The forums moved on March 1, 2021. Please read this page for more information.

Incapacitated Heroes

2 posts / 0 new
Last post
broccoli
broccoli's picture
Playtester
Incapacitated Heroes

I had a question regarding what happens to incapacitated heroes that die during their own turn.  Several baddies do "revenge" damage.  If I play a card, and the revenge damage kills me, can I still use an Incapacitated ability that turn?  What if I die from "revenge" damage from using a power?  As an especially weird exception, we were playing the Chairman the other day, and Tempest died due "revenge" damage from the Chairman from his Lightning Storm, which takes place during his "start of turn" phase.  My GUESS to the answers are as follows:

The action you take while incapacitated takes the place of the Play a Card, User a Power, AND Draw a Card phases, thus if you have already performed one of those this turn, you can't also use an incapacitated ability.  However, if you die during your "start of turn", you could still use an incapacitated ability, because you haven't performed any of the phases that are replaced by the incapacitated abilities.

As a side question, would Pillars of Hercules have any effect on an Incapacitated Hero?  I know they still have a "start of turn" phase, so a villain card would be played, but would they be able to use 2 incapacitated abilities, since all of the phases they replaced are being doubled?

"I'm not prone to hyperbole, but she is the Antichrist." - chwineka

flamethrower49
Playtester

Your interpretations for the first part seem reasonable.  That's probably what I would do.

For Pillars of Hercules, I would probably play that they do not get the extra use, though I would be sad.