The forums moved on March 1, 2021. Please read this page for more information.

Impaling Structures Question

10 posts / 0 new
Last post
cheshire86
Impaling Structures Question

Hi all,

My group and I are wondering - how many Impaling Structures can Absolute Zero have in play at once?  We went with one set; if AZ uses the power again in a later turn, the previous set is removed and the new set is placed down.  It seemed like the board could get a pretty large number of Impaling Structures on it otherwise.  :) 

Is there an official ruling on this?  What have others (especially playtesters!) been doing for this?

thanks in advance,

c86

Katsue
Katsue's picture

When you say one set, do you mean just 3/4 Impaling Structures, or do you mean all the Impaling Structure Tokens that come with the game? Because I'm fairly sure the amount he can put on the board is not less than the number that come with the game.

Foote
Foote's picture
PlaytesterHarmony

He can't have more in play than tokens avaliable

phantaskippy
phantaskippy's picture
Playtester

Foote is correct.

Hooray for not having to agree with Ronway!

Foote
Foote's picture
PlaytesterHarmony

phantaskippy wrote:

Foote is correct.Hooray for not having to agree with Ronway!

Horray for me agreeing with Phantaskippy! Oh Joy! Rapture! Mainstays and Raptorbots! 

cheshire86

OK... and the only way those can be removed is through AZ removing the power card (by choice, or via incapacitation)?  Can he voluntarily turn some off while leaving others in play?

Ronway
Ronway's picture
PlaytesterTruth Seeker

The only way to get rid of the Impaling Structure is to remove the Power Card from play.

peterrecore

In general, how can we tell what tokens created by powers are removed with their card and which stay?  Is there errata for Impaling Structures or is there a general rule I am missing?  For example, Citizen Dawn's "Return with the Dawn" specifically mentions that the Citizen is removed when the card is removed, but Impaling does not.

Ronway
Ronway's picture
PlaytesterTruth Seeker

peterrecore wrote:

In general, how can we tell what tokens created by powers are removed with their card and which stay?  Is there errata for Impaling Structures or is there a general rule I am missing?  For example, Citizen Dawn's "Return with the Dawn" specifically mentions that the Citizen is removed when the card is removed, but Impaling does not.

All tokens that are generated by cards are removed from play when the associated card is removed from play.

Matchstickman
Matchstickman's picture
Playtester

All tokens that you control return to your hand when you remove the associated power, it's just explicit on Return with the Dawn.

Stop lurking, it makes you look like a villain target
When you do things right, people won’t be sure you’ve done anything at all

Temporary image until an H emoticon is added!