The forums moved on March 1, 2021. Please read this page for more information.

I really thought I had no shot at this one.... pretty sure I'll never top this comeback

3 posts / 0 new
Last post
Dandolo
Dandolo's picture
Playtester
I really thought I had no shot at this one.... pretty sure I'll never top this comeback

I honestly thought I had no chance at winning this game but I played it out and it reasulted in the best sentinels comeback win I've ever had.

I set up the game as I usually do with random heroes, shield, environments, and scions. I find Oblivaeon mode more fun when I play with a couple of house rules which I observed for this game. 1. Environments must be played in the order they were randomized. 2. All replacement heroes are picked via the random button.

The starting Shield was Effusion of Pain and starting environments were Time Cat. and Atlantis. The heroes were Mainstay Road Warrior, Benchmark, Bunker, and Dark Visionary. Nixious

Oblivaeon lead off with Focus of power and moved to zone 2. I chacked and my heroes had no ongoing destruction available. I figured I should stay in zone 1 and work on rewards.

The next round is where things went off the rails a bit. Time Cat played Surprise Shopping trip, and Nixious flipped and came to my zone. Oblivaeon played Absorb Energy gaining a bunch of tokens. Then he moved zones via disrupt spacetime, so no shield flipand went back to zone 2.

The next round I stayed mostly in zone 1. Each turn I played a card meant a token on Borr and a devisitation token. I had Dark Visionary switch zones in the hopes of slightly lowering the odds of OblivAeon moving by destroying the Ongoing with the Mental Divergance she drew round 1.  She was incaped and replaced with Xtreme Haka (who returned to zone 1 since Oblivaeon had more than 12 tokens). Atlantis was destroyed and replaced with Zhu Long's Temple. An Aeon Locus was destroyed which played Heir to Nothingness moving Oblivaeon to zone 1. Then Oblivaon played Temporal Fractures moving the countdown down to 2 and splitting my team.

I had completed some good missions by this point, most notably Lucky Break and Everyman but 2 of my heroes had tough Missions that I didn't want to give up (Oblivaeon shard and Virtuosos of the Void). So I decided to take out Nixious which earned me those rewards plus Arataki and Seraph. Voidsoul relaced Nixious. Oblivaeon wound up Summoning a Scion: Faultless. But on the brightside the Shield finally flipped.

It was too late to complete the Shield in time and Oblivaeon was at over 12 tokens... I was going to lose 2 environments in zone 1, but my team was well set up. I figured I'd have a shot as long as I could keep building up and keep Oblivaeon from gaining too many tokens during Phase II so I moved everyone to zone 2 and whittled Faultless down to 16 HP.

Then the Scion deck decided to play back to back copies of Terrible Burden bringing out Sanction and Dark Mind, but more importantly, moving OblivAeon to Zone 2. Haka and Bunker survived long enough to remove the shield, but ultimately all my heroes and 2 environment were lost in a single start of turn phase. To add insult to injury the first environment destruction flipped Faultless and replaced him with Progeny. The second environment destruction removed the hero target Faultless and Oblivaeon played Temporal Fractures moving the countdown to 3. Oblivaeon also shot up to 10 devisation tokens.

I had KNYFE Rogue Agent start in zone 1 and put the other heroes that came up: F6 Absolute Zero, Visionary Unleashed, and The Sentinels into zone 2 which was Enclave of the Endlings.

KNYFE used Virtuosos of the Void to take out Borr for 24 damage to everything in zone 1. This knocked her down to 4 HP but dealt good damage to Progeny and took out Dark Mind. Looking at my log it looks like KNYFE was healed by 2 after Virtuosos was destroyed, I didn't notice at the time and it had no impact on the game, but I'll need to send a bug report on that.

Absolute zero stayed in zone 2 to start building up and fighting Sanction. Visionary moved to zone 1 to take out a copy of Impending Doom that was played there and The Sentinels followed to weaken Voidsoul. KNYFE was incapacitated on the villain turn and was replaced with Lifeline who switched zones. Oblivaeon play Heir to nothingness which spared Visionary thanks to a passing tumbleweed. The countdown was now at 2.

The next round was all about set up. Lifeline had both Chronoist and Virtuosos and Visionary had Lucky Break. Absolute zero was able to get both of his start of turn damage ongoings out, play the Oblivaeon Shard, and complete the hairdryer mission. Lucky Break caused Visionary to play brain burn and deal herself 13 damage. The Sentinels were able to take out Sanction. Visionary was incapacited on Oblivaeon's turn by Global Devistation and was replaced by F5 Legacy. The countdown was at 1 and Aeon Master entered the Scionless Battle Zone.

In the final round of Phase I, Lifeline was able to hit Oblivaeon down to 98 HP and help Legacy get set up with Insiring Presence and get Absolute Zero his Fire Module (he already had his cold). Absolute Zero took on a new mission: The Digital Age and gained a plus 11 damage boost from his Oblivaeon Shard. He dealt OblivAeon 27 damage at the start of his turn, and he played Hoarfire and turned the 25 fire damage it dealt him into 37 damage to Oblivaeon. He completed Omni-Unity which allowed him to finish off Oblivaeon phase 2 and kill Aeon Master. Legacy followed Oblivaeon and used take down to block villain plays. The next round all heroes followed suit and Abosolute Zero finished off Oblivaeon on his following turn (as well as Progeny as an afterthought).

I definitely misremembered some of those details even when checking my log so if anyone is interested I'll leave the log here.

Attachment(s): 
arenson9
arenson9's picture
ModeratorPlaytester

Interesting read! I'm versed enough to follow the broad strokes, but don't know the scions and missions well enough to follow all the details. Still, thanks for sharing.

Hi. My name's Andy. Feel free to call me Andy, since, ya know, that's my name. (he/him/his)

If I am not for myself, who will be for me? If not now, when? If I am for myself alone, what am I? -- Hillel

Powerhound_2000
Powerhound_2000's picture
PlaytesterExceeded Expectations

Congrats.  

Crush your enemies, drive them before you, and laminate their women! - Guise, Prime Wardens #31