The forums moved on March 1, 2021. Please read this page for more information.

Hypersonic Assault plus Lightspeed Barrage equals devastation?

9 posts / 0 new
Last post
peterrecore
Hypersonic Assault plus Lightspeed Barrage equals devastation?

Hypersonic Assault lets Tachyon pay a health so that her next Attack Roll uses dice equal to her Move value.

Lightspeed Barrage lets Tachyon apply an Active Attack on all the of the enemies she passes through.  Let's say she has a Move of 6 right now.  Now she pays a health to use Hypersonic Assault.  Then she uses Lightspeed Barrage to pass through a Turret, a Pylon, and Baron Blade.   Lightspeed Barrage lets her make an attack and target every enemy she passed through.  She chooses Nimble Strike, and because she paid a health for Hypersonic Assault, she rolls 6 dice, and applies this attack to the Turret, the Pylon, and Blade.  Is that right?  If so, it's a great way to demolish things in BB Scenario 3 :) OR is this handled like Aim and area attacks, where the Aim only applies to one of the targets?

SeraAlexandria

Since she's making one attack on multiple targets, and Lightspeed Barage changes the dice on her next attack, it changes it for all targets. If it had separated and made an attack on each different target, you would only get to apply it to the first target you damage. 

phantaskippy
phantaskippy's picture
Playtester

As worded I would say it would would affect each target with the additional dice.

I would not be surprised if the intent is different than that.

Foote
Foote's picture
PlaytesterHarmony

It's not an area attack though. She would have to re roll with each target, meaning hypersonic only applies to one target. 

Ronway
Ronway's picture
PlaytesterTruth Seeker

Foote wrote:

It's not an area attack though. She would have to re roll with each target, meaning hypersonic only applies to one target. 

Page 9, the second to last paragraph.

Any attack that hits multiple targets will always use one attack roll for all of the targets.

Pydro
Pydro's picture
ModeratorPlaytester

PAGE 9!

Civilized men are more discourteous than savages because they know they can be impolite without having their skulls split, as a general thing.
-Robert E. Howard, "The Tower of the Elephant"

Sefirit

Ronway wrote:

Foote wrote:

Page 9, the second to last paragraph.

Any attack that hits multiple targets will always use one attack roll for all of the targets.

For me this just brings up the question of "Does she hit all those targets with one attack, or does does she get to attack each target she passes through?" ie. is it a new attack for each target regarless of the fact that it is one action.  I currently don't have access to the cards to check the wording on lightspeed barrage, but it probably isn't difficult to check.

Foote
Foote's picture
PlaytesterHarmony

I think its a safe bet that if both Pydro and Ronway are agreeing and pointing to page 9, then thats probably the right way to do it

Pydro
Pydro's picture
ModeratorPlaytester

Actually, I wad just excited about Ronway referencing page 9. It seems to be his favorite page in the rulebook.

Regardless, always assume Ronway is right.

Civilized men are more discourteous than savages because they know they can be impolite without having their skulls split, as a general thing.
-Robert E. Howard, "The Tower of the Elephant"