The forums moved on March 1, 2021. Please read this page for more information.

How about local game store tournaments?

2 posts / 0 new
Last post
sawlaura
sawlaura's picture
How about local game store tournaments?

Thanks to a friend and myself Sentinels around where I live is getting really popular. We have started doing a tournament style for the Sentinels of the Multiverse game play for people to get interested in playing it. We are wondering if there is a chance for more opportunities to play it this way and have it brought up in official format. We already figured out how to do it with the heroes of the game, which required some tweeking and perhaps a bit more till perfected. We still follow the rules of the game, but we made it where its heroes vs heroes. It has a dice role in order to pick heroes character cards/decks and also has a dice role depending on how many expansions that person owns. On top of that, we play with a dice or coin flip for them to pick or go first in the role or picking of heroes. All characters health have been set to 30 HP just to even the playing field for all heroes. The team would be 1 person vs 1 person using 3 heroes each. Scenario being a hero all out fight. Anything that would target the villain would be directed towards any hero(es) on the opposing sides. We would also play with 1 environment in order to up the anti and because come on it is an unpredictable thing which adds some fun. There would also be a dice role for the pick of the environment, it needs to be random after all. 

Yes we took in account of needing everything up to date and we took in account of how many matches to go on at once. We do want to run the Sentinels Tactics tournaments as well, but need to know if anything is possible for official type of tournaments for this version of gameplay. What do you think?

Sawl Aura

Craig
Craig's picture
Admin

I wouldn't hold your breath for there ever to be an officially supported competitive way of playing Sentinels of the Multiverse. That's a large part of the reason that Sentinel Tactics exists.

Twitter: imprimis5. Follow away!