The forums moved on March 1, 2021. Please read this page for more information.

Hopefully an easy one... At the start of turn

7 posts / 0 new
Last post
geoff907
Playtester
Hopefully an easy one... At the start of turn

I've seen a lot of answers to at the end of turn- so in effect when a card at the end of turn causes another card to be played that says at the end of turn the subsequent end of turn card also has its effect before the turn is over. But my question is that I can't seem to find the answer to is if a card that reads at the start of turn causes another at the start of turn card to be drawn - does that card play that turn or does it wait to have it at the start of turn effect till the next turn? I appreciate the help!

dpt
dpt's picture
Playtester

It's the same as for end of turn: if a card is played during the start of turn, then any start of turn effects trigger.

Arcanist Lupus
Arcanist Lupus's picture
Bolster AlliesInspiring Presence

The short answer is yes.  Start of turn effects that are played during start of turn trigger the same way that end of turn effects trigger when played at end of turn.

The longer answer is that start of turn effects and end of turn effects always trigger in the order that the cards came into play.  So the Villain character card is always first, and then whatever was played next, then the one after that, etc.  Since a just played card by definition came into play after the card that caused it to be played, it will still be in line to be triggered.

"Do you not know that a man is not dead while his name is still spoken?"

- Terry Pratchett, Going Postal

geoff907
Playtester

Perfect! Thanks everyone!

phantaskippy
phantaskippy's picture
Playtester

Since the order for start and end of turn effects are the order they enter play, it works.

Basically you do the following:

Start of turn:  Check for start of turn effects that haven't already been activated this turn, if there are any resolve the first one that entered play, then repeat.  Continue until all start of turn effects have been activated.

Do the same for the end of turn effects.

The Burning Stickman
The Burning Stickman's picture

You can test this out easily with Omnitron-X in the video game. If you use the Electro Deployment Unit to play another component, that second component will trigger that same start-of-turn.

Ameena
Ameena's picture
Playtester

Also, if a villain flips during their Start phase and has Start phase actions on their flipped side, those will immediately trigger. For example, Dawn will flip and then flip straight back if enough Citizens are already out (which is why it's super-useful to make sure that's the case before you put the fifth Citizen in the trash ;)).

Edit - Also also, if a hero gets incapped during their Start phase (eg kills themselves via Infection) they will still get to use their Incap ability, as an incapped hero's turn now has the phases Start, Use Incap Ability, and End :).

I am the Wordweaver...

Basically, I like writing stuff ;)