The forums moved on March 1, 2021. Please read this page for more information.

Hello everyone...

3 posts / 0 new
Last post
Heckbringer
Hello everyone...

I only recently got into this game... I had bought the original edition of Sentinels of the Multiverse (I always type it in bold. Always.) on impulse after seeing a few favorable video reviews but all my game nights for the months it sat on my shelf either included people who didn't like learning games by having the group read the rules, or people who were On A Mission to play some specific game. One night I had my girlfriend over and we were figuring out what to play and (again on impluse) I took Sentinels of the Multiverse off the shelf to see if it was something we should consider adding to the options. The instructions were simple enough that we were ready to play quickly, and with the caveat of "If we don't like it we'll just stop playing", we tried out our first game. ...and were getting horribly schooled. Oh. Right. Two heroes for each of us. ...and we started over and had a fun time figuring this game out together.

Since then I've played the original version a bunch of times by myself and with different people. Everyone who's played it has liked it thus far, and I've been having a sufficient amount of fun with it to justify buying everything I could for the game (see you in May, Unity!). It all arrived the day before yesterday and I've been enjoying all the new stuff.

I love this game. The mechanics are simple, the cards add complexity to that simplicity, there's room for creativity and enough to think about that you can find pleasure in discovering something you missed at first glance, and most important of all for me, it's tightly themed. I do enjoy the mechanics of the games I play and I'm someone who doesn't like games that don't have sufficient meat to them, but being able to imagine what just happened in a game easily is what changes a game from Fun to Important for me. I hadn't ever considered playing a board game myself, especially with all the great video game options available, but I find myself looking forward to playing this game by myself and have been doing that a fair amount...

Solid stuff, Greater Than. Thank you, and keep up the good work.

...and hello everyone else. I'm looking forward to talking about this game with you.

Heck: brought

Ameena
Ameena's picture
Playtester

Hey, welcome to the forum :). Feel free to ask about anything you don't understand or tell us about any silly/horrible/epic things that have happened in your games :).

I am the Wordweaver...

Basically, I like writing stuff ;)

arenson9
arenson9's picture
ModeratorPlaytester

That's fantastic. FYI, there are people who get together to play online.

Hi. My name's Andy. Feel free to call me Andy, since, ya know, that's my name. (he/him/his)

If I am not for myself, who will be for me? If not now, when? If I am for myself alone, what am I? -- Hillel