The forums moved on March 1, 2021. Please read this page for more information.

Hazard Spaces

56 posts / 0 new
Last post
phantaskippy
phantaskippy's picture
Playtester

Hazard spaces aren't created, they are generated.

What I mean is Turret Bot doesn't change the map, he generates hazard in those spaces, the hazard is from him, and those spaces are the area in which he is creating the hazard.

If turret bot moves he generates hazard in his new location, the old hazard spaces are no longer hazardous, because they are outside of Turret Bot's reach.  If Turret Bot leaves play he no longer is generating hazard at all.

Same with the Volcano or Structures or living Pyre, etc.  Every hazard space has some visible object on the map that is generating the hazard.

Gislef
Playtester

lutherbellhendricksv wrote:

Foote wrote:
I have a weird question, and I think I already know the answer...but...do hazard spaces stack on eachother in a hex?My assumption would be yes. Example: Operative with Hidden Blade Strike standing next to the volcano. Being pulled by kursurigama (spelling I know) into that lava would trigger both HBS and the Lava hazard spaces. (I actually forget if Kursurigama can trigger HBS with the "pull" thats not a true "pull", but I guess the core question remains)But what about the case of Impaling Structures? If I create an "ice bride" across the volcano, trying to move over that bridge, even with the raised elevation, would still cause ABZero to trigger lava hazards right? And other targets moving through them would get hit with Impaling hazard and lava hazard?

Yes, that's correct.

Sorry for the late response. But...

Do multiple versions of the _same_ hazard source stack?

If I'm surrounded by six Impaling Structures at the end of my turn, am I attacked six times?

All the examples I've seen so far refer to different sources (such as Spiff's FAQ), but don't give an example with 2 or more of the same source.

Thanks!

Avid player, playtester

Donner
Donner's picture
Playtester

Gislef wrote:

lutherbellhendricksv wrote:
 Foote wrote:
I have a weird question, and I think I already know the answer...but...do hazard spaces stack on eachother in a hex?My assumption would be yes. Example: Operative with Hidden Blade Strike standing next to the volcano. Being pulled by kursurigama (spelling I know) into that lava would trigger both HBS and the Lava hazard spaces. (I actually forget if Kursurigama can trigger HBS with the "pull" thats not a true "pull", but I guess the core question remains)But what about the case of Impaling Structures? If I create an "ice bride" across the volcano, trying to move over that bridge, even with the raised elevation, would still cause ABZero to trigger lava hazards right? And other targets moving through them would get hit with Impaling hazard and lava hazard? 

Yes, that's correct.

Sorry for the late response. But...Do multiple versions of the _same_ hazard source stack?If I'm surrounded by six Impaling Structures at the end of my turn, am I attacked six times?All the examples I've seen so far refer to different sources (such as Spiff's FAQ), but don't give an example with 2 or more of the same source.Thanks!

Yes.  They are all different sources of hazard spaces, so you are affected by each.  Overlapping hazard spaces are EVIL!!!!!

"Deja-fu? You've heard of that?"
- Lu Tze, Sweeper, Thief of Time by Terry Pratchett

phantaskippy
phantaskippy's picture
Playtester

Impaling structures only attack a target on the space they occupy.

You would have to stand on a stack of Structures.

Donner
Donner's picture
Playtester

Or get pushed onto them.  Pushes ignore elevation change. >:D

"Deja-fu? You've heard of that?"
- Lu Tze, Sweeper, Thief of Time by Terry Pratchett

Pages