The forums moved on March 1, 2021. Please read this page for more information.

Had first game, have questions:

10 posts / 0 new
Last post
susan_brindle
Had first game, have questions:

1. Our Visionary player had an ability that, by our reading, had the following effects:

• Visionary rolls a die and puts it on the ability card
  • During *each* player's turn,  as long as she has LOS, she can substitute any one die rolled for the one on her card, physically switching them.
  • Thus, if Visionary has a 1 on her card, and it's Baron Blade's turn, and he goes to power splice and rolls 2, 4, 5, she can change that roll to 2, 4, 1, and claim the 5 for herself.
  • Then Beacon goes next and rolls a 1, 6, 2, 5 when she uses Focused Laser, which auto-misses on 1 and 6, so Visionary swaps outthe 1 for her 5, granting Beacon an extra hit. Etc etc.

2. Ra had a card (I forget the name. Living Pyre?) that said he generated hazard spaces as a passive. When are the spaces generated, how long do they last, etc? We ended up just not using it, largely because blazing tornado was more attractive.

3. Just wanted to confirm we played this right, because it was brutal:

• Ra has a card out called [Flame Strike?] that says whenever he attacks with not-flamestrike, he gets to attack with flamestrike.
  • Beacon uses her Heroic Teamwork card, allowing one adjacent ally (and herself!) to take an action.
  • Ra can now make his Innate attack (or another card if he has one) and then immediately make a Flame Strike as well.
  • Baron Blade gets hit by three attacks on Beacon's turn.  (Four if Beacon has another attack card, and didn't have to move)
phantaskippy
phantaskippy's picture
Playtester

1.  Yes, The Visionary is that good.  Which is why you incap her on sight, or at least try your best.  Foresight is amazing.

2.  The spaces last as long as the card is in play.  Burning tornado or living pyre can be great with Drawn to the flame, the combo is amazing if you have an Omnitron-V or Proletariat or Beacon that can throw enemies through the valley of fiery death.

3.  That is an awesome combo, and totally done correctly.  It's even better if you have Visionary and Twist the Ether nearby to give a re-roll on each attack.

McBehrer
McBehrer's picture
Playtester

It's also great to allow Proletariat to Overwhelm, giving him up to 6 of the same action out of turn.

McBehrer is the sole winner of this game... And McBehrer, I would step carefully should you find your way down dark alleys. More than one vote said simply, "McBehrer must die."

McBehrer confirmed to be Biomancer!
-- Trajector

susan_brindle

phantaskippy wrote:

The spaces last as long as the card is in play. 

When does Living Pyre generate hazard spaces, how many does it generate, etc? Does it turn Ra into a Tron bike where every hex he leaves he drops a fire behind? Is it like, once per turn as a free action he can drop one within LOS? That's mostly what we were confused by was the mechanics of actually putting hazards on the board, rather than how they worked once there.

On that subject, what governs how often hazards can trigger? If Beacon Pushes Baron four spaces through a flaming tornado, does that trigger four tornado attacks? What if there's only one hazard space, but since pushes can be in any direction, Beacon chooses to push him back and forth in and out of it?

Ronway
Ronway's picture
PlaytesterTruth Seeker

Living Prye generates Hazard Spaces the moment it enters play. The Hazard Spaces from Living Pyre are always the 6 spaces surrounding Ra.

Hazard Spaces trigger anytime whenever a target moves through a Hazard Space. So in your example, Baron Blade would get attacked by the Tornado 4 times. And Push can send someone back and forth, so you can bounce someone through the same Hazard Space multiple times, as long as you have enough push.

kitmehsu
kitmehsu's picture
Playtester

While living pyre is in play, ra's space and all other spaces withing a radius 1 of ra are hazard spaces. Since the radius for the hazard spaces is centered on ra, when ra moves, the hazard spaces move along with him. Hazard spaces aren't anything actually on the board, they are just spaces that do something if you enter or end your turn in them, so most are relative to a marker of some sort, either a specialized token or a characters position.

phantaskippy
phantaskippy's picture
Playtester

The spaces are generated continuously, as soon as Ra moves the spaces that were hazard spaces aren't any more, because Ra is no longer there to make them hazard spaces.

susan_brindle

Played Second Game, more Questions:

Is Radius measured in Hexes, or in Range? Does LOS matter for Radius?

IE: Cyro-jerk is running around on the ground like an ant, and uses his explodey-cold power that has Radius 2 against the noble Omnitron, who is perched majestically atop a building. (I dunno if you can tell which team I was on last night). Since Omnitron counts as being 1 higher than he is, the elevation difference is 3, in addition to Omni being 1 hex over, for a total distance of 4.  Would he be an eligble target?

Is Omnitron targetted by his own Disintegration Cone? It's a vertex with range 0, which means that he'd have to pick a corner of one of his own hexes.

Can Dodge and Aim tokens be stored from round to round?

How do area attacks work- Do I roll one pile of dice, and then everyone defends against it, or do I roll against each hero individually? What about Omnitron's Eye Lasers that can target two heroes?

McBehrer
McBehrer's picture
Playtester

susan_brindle wrote:

Played Second Game, more Questions:  Is Radius measured in Hexes, or in Range? Does LOS matter for Radius? IE: Cyro-jerk is running around on the ground like an ant, and uses his explodey-cold power that has Radius 2 against the noble Omnitron, who is perched majestically atop a building. (I dunno if you can tell which team I was on last night). Since Omnitron counts as being 1 higher than he is, the elevation difference is 3, in addition to Omni being 1 hex over, for a total distance of 4.  Would he be an eligble target? Is Omnitron targetted by his own Disintegration Cone? It's a vertex with range 0, which means that he'd have to pick a corner of one of his own hexes. Can Dodge and Aim tokens be stored from round to round? How do area attacks work- Do I roll one pile of dice, and then everyone defends against it, or do I roll against each hero individually? What about Omnitron's Eye Lasers that can target two heroes?

Radius is measured in hexes, but Is subject to LoS and range for the dice.
Omnitron is targeted by the cone, but everything is immune to its own attacks.

All aim and dodge tokens go away during power up.
You roll 1 pile of dice, and they all defend.
Same with any attack that hits multiple targets. They defend in the order of your choice.

McBehrer is the sole winner of this game... And McBehrer, I would step carefully should you find your way down dark alleys. More than one vote said simply, "McBehrer must die."

McBehrer confirmed to be Biomancer!
-- Trajector

SeraAlexandria

McBehrer wrote:

susan_brindle wrote:
Played Second Game, more Questions:  Is Radius measured in Hexes, or in Range? Does LOS matter for Radius? IE: Cyro-jerk is running around on the ground like an ant, and uses his explodey-cold power that has Radius 2 against the noble Omnitron, who is perched majestically atop a building. (I dunno if you can tell which team I was on last night). Since Omnitron counts as being 1 higher than he is, the elevation difference is 3, in addition to Omni being 1 hex over, for a total distance of 4.  Would he be an eligble target? Is Omnitron targetted by his own Disintegration Cone? It's a vertex with range 0, which means that he'd have to pick a corner of one of his own hexes. Can Dodge and Aim tokens be stored from round to round? How do area attacks work- Do I roll one pile of dice, and then everyone defends against it, or do I roll against each hero individually? What about Omnitron's Eye Lasers that can target two heroes?

Radius is measured in hexes, but Is subject to LoS and range for the dice.
Omnitron is targeted by the cone, but everything is immune to its own attacks.

All aim and dodge tokens go away during power up.
You roll 1 pile of dice, and they all defend.
Same with any attack that hits multiple targets. They defend in the order of your choice.

I'm going to add to the bold to be a little more specific in case it's not completely clear. In your example, as long as Omnitron is still in Line of Sight, the attack will hit him. It is subject to range however. Since the range was 4, after removing automisses, all 1s fail to make range and get removed. (If he didn't have reach +2 as an innate power, all 2s, and 3s would be removed as well.)