The forums moved on March 1, 2021. Please read this page for more information.

GTG-related geekery

5 posts / 0 new
Last post
Rabit
Rabit's picture
ModeratorPlaytester
GTG-related geekery

I finally have everything set up in my computer/cat room (see attached), and thought I'd use it as an instigator for folks sharing their GTG-related geekery. :-D

FYI: The black-and-white image with Absolute Zero on it that's below the OblivAeon poster is something Adam scribbled on a plastic table cloth while he was bored at a con. (That's something that rarely happens anymore! ;-) In case you can't read it, it says "Absolute Zero is Excited". When I told him I wasn't going to let it get thrown out, he signed it. The art to the right of it is the print from the 2014 Gathering of Heroes event at GTG HQ. 

If you have anything you've created like custom boxes, hanging of stuff, whatever, share here and give folks ideas for things they might consider doing themselves! (I know there are folks who have shared things in the past, but those threads were from years ago and a lot of the newer folks have probably never seen them.)

(And yeah, the shelves are for the cats. There are shelves and other things all over the room for them to get up and around. I could babble about that for a while, but it's not pertinent to this. ;-) 

"See, this is another sign of your tragic space dementia, all paranoid and crotchety. Breaks the heart." - Mal

Unicode U+24BD gets us Ⓗ. (Thanks, Godai!)

Attachment(s): 
GTGAlex
GTGAlex's picture
Admin

That's fantastic! The cat shelves actually give it a bit of a museum feel, like I expect them to have action figures still in their packages on them.

I've framed my art prints, though I do have the Sentinels Gen Con 2016 booth banner hanging between my desk and my kallax shelves at home. I'm not there or I'd take a picture as well.

Moemoa4
Moemoa4's picture

When I backed Box Throne on Kickstarter to store all my games, I knew exactly what I wanted to do to dress up the acrylic toppers. I laid out some extra dividers I had and poured epoxy resin over top of it to seal them in. It gave the topper done extra strength and showed my love for Sentinels.

Sometimes you wake up, sometimes the fall kills you, and sometimes when you fall, you fly.

Rabit
Rabit's picture
ModeratorPlaytester

Shiny! :-D That's really neat! (And I hadn't heard of BoxThrone, so that was interesting to learn about -- thanks!) 

"See, this is another sign of your tragic space dementia, all paranoid and crotchety. Breaks the heart." - Mal

Unicode U+24BD gets us Ⓗ. (Thanks, Godai!)

arenson9
arenson9's picture
ModeratorPlaytester

Cool

Hi. My name's Andy. Feel free to call me Andy, since, ya know, that's my name. (he/him/his)

If I am not for myself, who will be for me? If not now, when? If I am for myself alone, what am I? -- Hillel