The forums moved on March 1, 2021. Please read this page for more information.

GTG Project Status Update - November 2015

34 posts / 0 new
Last post
Paul
Paul's picture
Admin
GTG Project Status Update - November 2015

It has been about six weeks, and I want to make sure to get an update out to all of you before the end of the month!

Completed Since Last Update

1) Sentinel Tactics Minions miniatures & Interior Location Maps shipping.

Finished by Printer; In GTG Warehouse

1) Bottom of the Ninth (US Backer Shipments have gone out, and international shipments will all go out this week!)

At the Printer; About to be Loaded

(The printer tells us that these will depart China on the 20th)

1) Villains of the Multiverse and associated mini-expansions

2) New set of Oversized Villain Cards

3) Isle of Trains, Diner, and Brew Crafters: The Travel Card Game reprints

4) Wager Master reprint

5) Compounded reprint

Completed by GTG; At the Printer

1) SotM: Core Game, Rook City & Infernal Relics, Vengeance, and Miss Information reprints

In the Final Graphic Design stage at GTG; to Printer in ~60 Days

1) New Bedford (to printer in ~10 days)

2) Great Heartland Hauling reprint (to printer in ~30 days)

3) Spirit Island (to printer in ~60 days)

Current Game Developtment Focus by GTG

1) Sentinel Tactics: Battle for Broken City and For Profit

2) Sentinel Comics: The Role Playing Game

3) Various Dice Hate Me Games properties

“Many of the truths we cling to depend greatly on our own point of view.” ~Obi-Wan Kenobi

dpt
dpt's picture
Playtester

Spirit Island is going to the printer in ~60 days? That's excellent! If that turns out to be accurate, I guess you were being really conservative with the August 2016 estimate.

Powerhound_2000
Powerhound_2000's picture
PlaytesterExceeded Expectations

Thanks for the update Paul.   When items do get on the ship how long is it normally until they are at the GtG warehouse?

Crush your enemies, drive them before you, and laminate their women! - Guise, Prime Wardens #31

phantaskippy
phantaskippy's picture
Playtester

Powerhound_2000 wrote:

Thanks for the update Paul.   When items do get on the ship how long is it normally until they are at the GtG warehouse?

That depends on the Typhoons.

Powerhound_2000

When Typhoons are avoided how long do you normally expect it to take?

Crush your enemies, drive them before you, and laminate their women! - Guise, Prime Wardens #31

Pydro
Pydro's picture
ModeratorPlaytester

Depends on the moon. If it is full, the building turns into a waredoghouse.

Civilized men are more discourteous than savages because they know they can be impolite without having their skulls split, as a general thing.
-Robert E. Howard, "The Tower of the Elephant"

Powerhound_2000

I would've expected a warewolfhouse

Rabit
Rabit's picture
ModeratorPlaytester

Powerhound_2000 wrote:

I would've expected a warewolfhouse

It's evolved...

"See, this is another sign of your tragic space dementia, all paranoid and crotchety. Breaks the heart." - Mal

Unicode U+24BD gets us Ⓗ. (Thanks, Godai!)

Pydro
Pydro's picture
ModeratorPlaytester

Waredoghouse is much worse. Everytime they try to ship something out, it just ends up back where it started.

Civilized men are more discourteous than savages because they know they can be impolite without having their skulls split, as a general thing.
-Robert E. Howard, "The Tower of the Elephant"

seesome
seesome's picture

Is GtG is planning to create a combined Shattered Timelines & Wrath of the Cosmos box (to match the Rook City & Infernal Relics box) when the current stock of those expansions runs out?  Just idly curious.

Time for some scientific action!
https://twitter.com/SeeSome

Paul
Paul's picture
Admin

@seesome

We might. We are pondering our options.

“Many of the truths we cling to depend greatly on our own point of view.” ~Obi-Wan Kenobi

morph147

Paul wrote:

At the Printer; About to be Loaded (The printer tells us that these will depart China on the 17th)

so Paul today is the 17th, any news you can share about a boat?

My wife thinks Sentinels is ruining our marriage. I think she doesnt know what shes talking about because she wont sit down to play it

Jimeni
Playtester

Thanks for this update, Paul. Seconds after reading this update yesterday, I got the email with Bottom of the 9th tracking. Supposed to arrive Saturday here in Austin. Can't wait!

Paul
Paul's picture
Admin

@morph147

Yeah. It has been delayed until the 20th :(

morph147

Paul wrote:

@morph147Yeah. It has been delayed until the 20th :(

sigh ok.

My wife thinks Sentinels is ruining our marriage. I think she doesnt know what shes talking about because she wont sit down to play it

Chaosmancer
Chaosmancer's picture

I am super stoked for Spirit Island. Can't wait to get it and force a few friends to try it out. Luckily I have two friends who love Pandemic so I', they at least will enjoy it.

godzilla999666

I was ordering to today and noticed my pre-order of sentinal tactic maps which has been delivered still says pre-order. But i am happy with the update, it sounds like villians might make it by new years, which means i get to create a new storage solution with christmas gift cards, Yea. Awesome news.

dedlius

Any chance that Isle of Trains will be available to purchase during the Holiday Sale?

Paul
Paul's picture
Admin

@dedlius

It is *possible*, but depends on the speed of customs in December.

morph147

Paul wrote:

@morph147Yeah. It has been delayed until the 20th :(

so has a boat left China? 

Paul
Paul's picture
Admin

Yes!

morph147

Paul wrote:

Yes!

YAY!!!!

Matchstickman
Matchstickman's picture
Playtester

morph147 wrote:
 so has a boat left China? 

Paul wrote:

Yes!

Well you're not Christopher but some of his trickiness could have rubbed off on you because I'm certain A boat has left China too.

Has a boat containing Villains of the Multiverse (of which there is at least one copy scheduled to reach me) left China? would be a more loophole closing question.

Stop lurking, it makes you look like a villain target
When you do things right, people won’t be sure you’ve done anything at all

Temporary image until an H emoticon is added!

Paul
Paul's picture
Admin

@Matchstickman

You are observant and clever in your questioning. The answe to your new, updated question is also "Yes".

morph147

<<< wonders where that boat with all the Sentinels goodies on it while jumpping around with anticipation like a 5 year old the week before Christmas

BaloTheJester
BaloTheJester's picture

What morph147 said. In my house Villains of the Multiverse is going to be its own little Christmas.

“We've always known we'd eventually be called upon to open our shirts and save the day, and the superhero was a crude, hopeful attempt to talk about how we all might feel on that day of great power, and great responsibility.”
- Grant Morrison

phantaskippy
phantaskippy's picture
Playtester

It'll be awesome to put away my jumbled mess of written on and crossed out playtesting cards and replace them with legible cards that aren't cheap cardstock and have pictures on them.

Villains makes the Vengeance format really shine, and it has taken over our 3-player games most of the time, it's just a much better game when you have 3 players.

Also the Environments rule.

Rabit
Rabit's picture
ModeratorPlaytester

phantaskippy wrote:

It'll be awesome to put away my jumbled mess of written on and crossed out playtesting cards and replace them with legible cards that aren't cheap cardstock and have pictures on them.

Villains makes the Vengeance format really shine, and it has taken over our 3-player games most of the time, it's just a much better game when you have 3 players.

Also the Environments rule.

Agreed on all counts!

"See, this is another sign of your tragic space dementia, all paranoid and crotchety. Breaks the heart." - Mal

morph147

phantaskippy wrote:

It'll be awesome to put away my jumbled mess of written on and crossed out playtesting cards and replace them with legible cards that aren't cheap cardstock and have pictures on them.Villains makes the Vengeance format really shine, and it has taken over our 3-player games most of the time, it's just a much better game when you have 3 players.Also the Environments rule.

starting to hope they do some mini spoilers to keep us entertained, maybe as a reminder of the decks or maybe a couple cards in a deck or something. Been so long I forgot what I am actually getting lol

phantaskippy
phantaskippy's picture
Playtester

Her's some spoiler(ish) stuff for you:

La Capitan messes with time, but is kind of new to it, so it has all kinds of awesomely crazy effects.  There were a lot of "WTF is she doing now" moments in playtesting, and often we left her out till last just to see what all would happen (although that didn't always work out well for us)

Citizens Anvil & Hammer are tough.  One of them has wings that are invulnerable and the other throws fire around.  They work together pretty well.  In playtesting they were brutal, and there was much begging and pleading with Christopher to make them less brutal.  After a lot of maniacal laughter at our broken spirits and teams of fallen heroes the powers that be relented and they are much more balanced now, but still really tough.

Plague Rat is my favorite of the new Villain decks.  It feels very thematic as a powerful beast that they are trying to wield against the heroes.  It is tempting for the heroes to try and turn the tables and use the beast-man against his controllers, but it is dangerous for anyone to try to control Plague Rat.

The Environments are really cool too.  My favorite of them is the Vampire deck, but then facing unholy things that hate light as my beloved Fanatic is exactly what I want.

The overall goals of the playtesters were to reduce drastically the amount of book keeping and chains of villain interactions that Vengeance lent itself to, as well as giving some less difficult villains to face and adding a lot of fun mechanics that wouldn't flood the table with cards.

I think we really nailed it, Christopher came up with great mechanics, and the decks are engaging thematically.  I loved working on Wrath of the Cosmos and the final result, but I think this expansion outshines it.  I really can't wait to get players reactions to it.

Powerhound_2000

How do well do you feel its works and interacts with the villains from Vengeance?

phantaskippy
phantaskippy's picture
Playtester

I always tested with 1 or 2 of the Vengeance Villains so I could compare difficulty and see how they interact, and I think they do fine, although on Advanced things can get a bit crazy.  Some combos can get really nasty together, and some of the Nemesis interactions were really cool between decks.

One of my favorite teams to face is the ladies of Villainry:  Ermine, Friction, Miss Information, La Capitan and The Operative.  It's a fun fight.

quiksterboy44
quiksterboy44's picture

Any word on when preordered villan owners will be receiving villans?

Rabit
Rabit's picture
ModeratorPlaytester

Nothing official, but Zendrak provided this a little while ago.