The forums moved on March 1, 2021. Please read this page for more information.

GTG Project Status Update - June 2015

28 posts / 0 new
Last post
Paul
Paul's picture
Admin
GTG Project Status Update - June 2015

Here is a quick update on all of the publicly-known projects we are juggling! There have been a few changes from the last update as some projects have been shifted around.

Remember, once something is sent to the printer, there is a 3-4 month turn-around time before we start shipping stuff to Kickstarter/preorder backers.

Finished by Printer; On a Boat

1) Guise/Omnitron-IV reprints (Note: There was an issue with the Wager Master reprints, which will be happening later)

2) Sentinel Miniatures: Minions and Sentinel Tactics Location Maps

3) Deck Building: The Deck Building Game and Unpub: The Unpublished Game

4) Compounded and the Compounded: Geiger expansion

Completed by GTG; At the Printer

1) Bottom of the Ninth

Nearly Completed by GTG; To Printer within ~2 Weeks

1) Villains of the Multiverse and associated mini-expansions

2) New set of Oversized Villain Cards

3) Isle of Trains, Diner, and Brew Crafters: The Travel Card Game reprints

In Focus by GTG

1) New Bedford (this was actually farther along than anticipated, and should be on Kickstarter with glorious new art over Gen Con).

2) Monster Truck Mayhem

On Deck for Intense GTG Focus in Late Summer

1) Spirit Island (as we started work on this, we realized that this needed a bit more work to be the best it can be)

2) Sentinel Tactics: Battle for Broken City and For Profit

3) Don't Get Eated

“Many of the truths we cling to depend greatly on our own point of view.” ~Obi-Wan Kenobi

Powerhound_2000
Powerhound_2000's picture
PlaytesterExceeded Expectations

Thanks for the update Paul. Hopefully more will get to know the best hero in Guise. 

Crush your enemies, drive them before you, and laminate their women! - Guise, Prime Wardens #31

Guise
Guise's picture

Agreed, oh brilliant Powerhound!

And Paul, if you need me to go put some pressure on the printer to get Wager Master out, you just let me know, 'k? Cuz I love the idea of more people beating on the little space-bug - and more opportunities for me to do so, also.

We're going to fight EEEEEEEVIL! Because, you know, EEEEEEEVIL!

Craig
Craig's picture
Admin

Guise wrote:

Agreed, oh brilliant Powerhound!And Paul, if you need me to go put some pressure on the printer to get Wager Master out, you just let me know, 'k? Cuz I love the idea of more people beating on the little space-bug - and more opportunities for me to do so, also.

How did you get internet access on a boat...?

Twitter: imprimis5. Follow away!

Guise
Guise's picture

Craig wrote:

Guise wrote:
Agreed, oh brilliant Powerhound!And Paul, if you need me to go put some pressure on the printer to get Wager Master out, you just let me know, 'k? Cuz I love the idea of more people beating on the little space-bug - and more opportunities for me to do so, also.

How did you get internet access on a boat...?

It's amazing what I can do with a hairdryer as long as I have my old man ninja toolbox with me.

We're going to fight EEEEEEEVIL! Because, you know, EEEEEEEVIL!

morph147

Thanks for the update Paul. Looking forward to the tactics maps and hopefully the next tourney you have I can make it.

My wife thinks Sentinels is ruining our marriage. I think she doesnt know what shes talking about because she wont sit down to play it

Powerhound_2000

Based on the Unpub/Deck Building update does that mean the other items on the boat are in a cargo container heading to your warehouse?    Did they leave air holes so Guise could breath?

Crush your enemies, drive them before you, and laminate their women! - Guise, Prime Wardens #31

giraffeheid

I'm a big fan of how Isle of Trains plays but have often wondered if it would have been better without the card limitation. Is this reprint changing the game in any way? (please say yes).

much0gust0
much0gust0's picture
Playtester

Mind if we get a follow up here? I'm twitching in preparation for Villains to be in my possession and know it will still be awhile, but I'd love to see more status updates. =)

Powerhound_2000

On a different update piece Spirit Island will be on Kickstarter September 22nd according to this Twitter conversation https://twitter.com/GTGamesLLC/status/633354460413186048

Rabit
Rabit's picture
ModeratorPlaytester

Wohoo! laugh

"See, this is another sign of your tragic space dementia, all paranoid and crotchety. Breaks the heart." - Mal

Unicode U+24BD gets us Ⓗ. (Thanks, Godai!)

Paul
Paul's picture
Admin

I can confirm that Spirit Island will be on Kickstarter on the 22nd of September, 2015! I will post a more comprehensive update in early September, after PAX.

“Many of the truths we cling to depend greatly on our own point of view.” ~Obi-Wan Kenobi

much0gust0
much0gust0's picture
Playtester

Thanks, Paul!

Belle Sorciere
Belle Sorciere's picture

Looking forward to updates, esp. on the large villain cards and villains of the multiverse. :)

Bowie
Bowie's picture
Playtester

Soooo, a little birdy told me the Preorders are back in the store and the extras are still on the table...

Impressive for a campaign that ended in March!

Bowie S, pronounced like David, not like Knife, can be found in Minneapolis and has Monomaniacal Reverse Engineer d10
Death and the dice level all distinctions. -Samuel Foote

morph147

Paul wrote:

I can confirm that Spirit Island will be on Kickstarter on the 22nd of September, 2015! I will post a more comprehensive update in early September, after PAX.

cant wait Paul. Looking forward to the update

My wife thinks Sentinels is ruining our marriage. I think she doesnt know what shes talking about because she wont sit down to play it

sir_remic

I'm totally hanging out for any info on the Battle for Broken city stuff, i've been playing tactics to death and am super keen to have some new things to try out :D

morph147

They promised to another update like this soon, but based off rumblings I have been hearing. Early next year

godzilla999666

I could care less about the new stuff, since preorder shut down jn march we have had only one update. How about instead of trying to g e t more money, they tell us about the monry we have already shelled out.

arenson9
arenson9's picture
ModeratorPlaytester

godzilla999666 wrote:

instead of trying to g e t more money

I dislike the tone of your comment. You are making an assumption about GtG's motives. Right or wrong, it's coming across as accusatory and pejorative.

Hi. My name's Andy. Feel free to call me Andy, since, ya know, that's my name. (he/him/his)

If I am not for myself, who will be for me? If not now, when? If I am for myself alone, what am I? -- Hillel

Spiff
Spiff's picture
PlaytesterExceeded ExpectationsUnique Capabilities

Sounds to me like he's assuming GtG is focusing more on upcoming stuff than stuff that's already been paid for, which is probably true.  The stuff that's already been paid for is more "done" than the upcoming stuff, so it requires less attention.  If what someone cared about is what they've paid for and all they see is talk about upcoming stuff, I'll bet that's frustrating.

Spiff's SotM site: www.spiffworld.com/sotm

Christopher
Christopher's picture
AdminGame Designer

Adam and I are focusing more on Sentinel Tactics than on any other product, currently. We've been neck deep in Tactics stuff all week and I just took a quick break to check the forum. Anyway, back to the Spites!

"Your goodness must have some edge to it — else it is none."
 - Ralph Waldo Emerson

Silverleaf
Silverleaf's picture
PlaytesterBolster Allies

Christopher wrote:

Adam and I are focusing more on Sentinel Tactics than on any other product, currently. We've been neck deep in Tactics stuff all week and I just took a quick break to check the forum. Anyway, back to the Spites!

Cant wait to see it!

Just assume I'm always doing that.

Damn it, Ronway!

arenson9
arenson9's picture
ModeratorPlaytester

Spiff wrote:

Sounds to me like he's assuming GtG is focusing more on upcoming stuff than stuff that's already been paid for, which is probably true.  The stuff that's already been paid for is more "done" than the upcoming stuff, so it requires less attention.  If what someone cared about is what they've paid for and all they see is talk about upcoming stuff, I'll bet that's frustrating.

I bet you're right, at least about how the original poster feels, but there's being frustrated and then there's being frustrated and rude. The first is ok, and I want everyone to feel that the truth is valued here.

Hi. My name's Andy. Feel free to call me Andy, since, ya know, that's my name. (he/him/his)

If I am not for myself, who will be for me? If not now, when? If I am for myself alone, what am I? -- Hillel

godzilla999666

i'm sorry if you feel i was rude, i was very frustrated. I pre-ordered in Febraury and March like most of you, and for me the choice to pre-order meant that I went without other things. Since that time, at the time of post, we had a small update in June, and since that time, all the news was on new games, back us on this kickstarter and that one, not once by several times.  Since it was september and 3 months had past, i was very worried that none of the preorder was going to be delivered in 2015 like they estimated. Now that they took the time to update, I know that I will get one of my pre-orders in October, another one maybe by end of year, and one pre-order (tactics:Broken city) will not be until next year. This is the second time i have pre-ordered/backed something that was not coming within the next month after ordering it. The first time, that money got flushed and the kickstater took off with the money, so I have extremely causious about doing any pre-order/backing, so yes I wanted to hear about what was happening on the stuff i put money on.  I do not feel a simple post every month to two months is too much to ask for.  When i made the comment about getting more money, the current state reminded me of a salesman. Yes i sold you this, now ignore it, and ignore where it is at, let me show you this over here and this over here.

Ameena
Ameena's picture
Playtester

Don't worry, >G have demonstrated great reliability in getting stuff done, making their games and to a high standard and all that so that everyone gets what they paid for and stuff :). Making these kinds of games just taks a while, that's all. If you want to see a really bad Kickstarter, check out Godus.

I am the Wordweaver...

Basically, I like writing stuff ;)

arenson9
arenson9's picture
ModeratorPlaytester

godzilla999666 wrote:

i'm sorry if you feel i was rude, i was very frustrated. I pre-ordered in Febraury and March like most of you, and for me the choice to pre-order meant that I went without other things. Since that time, at the time of post, we had a small update in June, and since that time, all the news was on new games, back us on this kickstarter and that one, not once by several times.  Since it was september and 3 months had past, i was very worried that none of the preorder was going to be delivered in 2015 like they estimated. Now that they took the time to update, I know that I will get one of my pre-orders in October, another one maybe by end of year, and one pre-order (tactics:Broken city) will not be until next year. This is the second time i have pre-ordered/backed something that was not coming within the next month after ordering it. The first time, that money got flushed and the kickstater took off with the money, so I have extremely causious about doing any pre-order/backing, so yes I wanted to hear about what was happening on the stuff i put money on.  I do not feel a simple post every month to two months is too much to ask for.  When i made the comment about getting more money, the current state reminded me of a salesman. Yes i sold you this, now ignore it, and ignore where it is at, let me show you this over here and this over here.

Thanks for the clarification.

FWIW, your frustration seems very reasonable. .

cmschex
Playtester

godzilla999666 wrote:

While I certainly understand your frustration and your caution, given your previous experience, I can say with nearly complete certainty that you will get your products from GtG, even if Tactics is delayed until 2016.  They have always fulfilled (and in many cases fulfilled early).  My guess on the communication is that the Dice Hate Me merger happened very soon after the pre-order and so a lot of the project update communication has been including those new lines that had previously not existed for the company,  I think that these status updates are their attempt to do what you are asking for - a monthly update of their products in the pipeline.