The forums moved on March 1, 2021. Please read this page for more information.

GtG Forum Award Nominations - 2014 - CLOSED!

19 posts / 0 new
Last post
Rabit
Rabit's picture
ModeratorPlaytester
GtG Forum Award Nominations - 2014 - CLOSED!

Nominations for the forum awards for 2014 are still open!

Per the community's suggestions/discussion:

• Nominations will be open until end-of-day 31-Mar-2015.
  • Nominations will be provided either using this nomination form (anonymous) or the nomination threads (forumites or posts/threads). (Form provided by Pydro - many thanks for all your work on this!)

Forumite Award Descriptions

1. Inspiring Presence (Morale Booster) – The forum member who, through positive attitude and kind heart, did the most to make the Greater Than Games forums a positive experience over the past year
  2. Bolster Allies (Funniest) – The forum member who was best at making people laugh and providing humorous moments over the past year
  3. Truth Seeker (Lore Master) – The forum member who has done the best job answering questions (rules, facts, mythology, etc.) and otherwise providing useful and accurate information over the past year
  4. Harmony (Top Debater) – The forum member who is best at rationally debating positions (without turning it into a fight) over the past year
  5. Exceeded Expectations (Top Contributor) – The forum member who contributed to the Greater Than Games community with tools and/or accessories the most (including wiki contributions) over the past year
  6. Unique Capabilities (Top Artist) – The forum member who created the best/most Greater Than Games-related art or fanfic over the past year

Forum Award Descriptions

1. Funniest Thread of the Year
  2. Best Fan Fiction of the Year
  3. Best Fan Art of the Year
  4. Best Player Aid of the Year – A specific item that facilitates gameplay for a GtG game
  5. Best Forum Activity of the Year – An activity created and run on the forums by the community, including play-by-forum (PBF) games

Rules Reminders

1. Most important rule: If this is entertaining, we’ll continue to do it. If not, we’ll stop.
  2. Admins and Mods are not eligible for awards.
  3. Nominations will remain secret until voting.
  4. Forumites can nominate anyone except themselves.
  5. Forumites can provide any number of nominations.
  6. It is likely a forumite will be nominated more than once. There are no issues with this; we'll condense the nominee list before the vote.
  7. Leaving the community (including via banning) does not change anything - your nominations are still valid and you can still be a nominee.
  8. Reminders will be sent as we get close to voting.
  9. Before we post the nominees, we'll send messages to let folks know they were nominated.
  10. Badges will pass from the previous year's winners to the new winners (i.e., winners get the badges for one year).
  11. A forumite can win more than one award.
  12. A forumite can win the same award they won the previous year.

"See, this is another sign of your tragic space dementia, all paranoid and crotchety. Breaks the heart." - Mal

Unicode U+24BD gets us Ⓗ. (Thanks, Godai!)

Pydro
Pydro's picture
ModeratorPlaytester

It has been two months since the nominations started, and this is just a friendly reminder about them. If you have someone or a thread you want to nominate, do it now, so you don't forget.

Civilized men are more discourteous than savages because they know they can be impolite without having their skulls split, as a general thing.
-Robert E. Howard, "The Tower of the Elephant"

Rabit
Rabit's picture
ModeratorPlaytester

It's been a little while, so I thought I'd pop in with another reminder to nominate forumites, threads, etc. for forum awards.

Have a better one! cool

"See, this is another sign of your tragic space dementia, all paranoid and crotchety. Breaks the heart." - Mal

Rabit
Rabit's picture
ModeratorPlaytester

With all the new folks, we wanted to drop a reminder: If you see someone who / something that is deserving of one of the forum awards (listed above), put in a nomination! laugh

Rabit
Rabit's picture
ModeratorPlaytester

18 days until nominations wrap up! surprise

Pydro
Pydro's picture
ModeratorPlaytester

NOMINATE! NOMINATE! NOMINATE! NOMINATE! NOMINATE! NOMINATE! NOMINATE! NOMINATE! NOMINATE! NOMINATE! NOMINATE! NOMINATE! NOMINATE! NOMINATE! NOMINATE! NOMINATE! NOMINATE! NOMINATE! NOMINATE! NOMINATE! NOMINATE! NOMINATE! NOMINATE! NOMINATE! NOMINATE! NOMINATE! NOMINATE! NOMINATE! NOMINATE! NOMINATE! NOMINATE! NOMINATE! NOMINATE! NOMINATE! NOMINATE! NOMINATE! NOMINATE! NOMINATE! NOMINATE! NOMINATE! NOMINATE! NOMINATE! NOMINATE! NOMINATE! NOMINATE! NOMINATE! NOMINATE! NOMINATE! NOMINATE! NOMINATE! NOMINATE! NOMINATE! NOMINATE! NOMINATE! NOMINATE! NOMINATE! NOMINATE! NOMINATE! NOMINATE! NOMINATE! NOMINATE! NOMINATE! NOMINATE! NOMINATE! NOMINATE! NOMINATE! NOMINATE! NOMINATE! NOMINATE! NOMINATE! NOMINATE! NOMINATE! NOMINATE! NOMINATE! NOMINATE! NOMINATE! NOMINATE! NOMINATE! NOMINATE! NOMINATE! NOMINATE! NOMINATE! NOMINATE! NOMINATE! NOMINATE! NOMINATE! NOMINATE! NOMINATE! NOMINATE! NOMINATE! NOMINATE! NOMINATE! NOMINATE! NOMINATE! 

Civilized men are more discourteous than savages because they know they can be impolite without having their skulls split, as a general thing.

Mezike
Mezike's picture

NOM-IN-ATE!

NOM-IN-AAATE!

Attachment(s): 
Rabit
Rabit's picture
ModeratorPlaytester

Mezike wrote:

NOM-IN-ATE!

NOM-IN-AAATE! 

I laughed out loud when I saw this. Spouse greatly appreciated it, also. laugh

Only one more week of nominations! surprise

Pydro
Pydro's picture
ModeratorPlaytester

Don't forget to nominate!

Rabit
Rabit's picture
ModeratorPlaytester

Two day's left!

If you don't see someone or something nominated that you think should be, please feel free!

Rabit
Rabit's picture
ModeratorPlaytester

One. More. Day. surprise

Ronway
Ronway's picture
PlaytesterTruth Seeker

Looks like no one will be the Truth Seeker this year, so sad!

Mezike
Mezike's picture

I hereby nominate Ronway to be Truth Seeker again as he is, you know, seeking truth all the time and stuff.

Rabit
Rabit's picture
ModeratorPlaytester

Mezike wrote:

I hereby nominate Ronway to be Truth Seeker again as he is, you know, seeking truth all the time and stuff.

He certainly does answer a lot of questions... Even if we don't like the answers! wink

(If you were just kidding, let me know and I'll remove the nomination I just posted in the nomination threadsmiley)

Silverleaf
Silverleaf's picture
PlaytesterBolster Allies

I'd nominate Ronway as PantsSeeker, but we all know that will never happen.

Just assume I'm always doing that.

Damn it, Ronway!

Mezike
Mezike's picture

I bet he'd trouser that award in short order.

Rabit
Rabit's picture
ModeratorPlaytester

Hours left, folks! 

Silverleaf wrote:

Because he wouldn't seek or he wouldn't find? wink

Silverleaf
Silverleaf's picture
PlaytesterBolster Allies

Rabit wrote:

Hours left, folks! 

Silverleaf wrote:

Yes.

Just assume I'm always doing that.

Damn it, Ronway!

Rabit
Rabit's picture
ModeratorPlaytester

Silverleaf wrote:

Rabit wrote:

Hours left, folks! Silverleaf wrote:

Yes.

And that's the answer I would expect...

And nominations are closed!

Congratulations to all the nominees! Voting will be announced soon... (We're not announcing voting on 1-Apr - that's just asking for trouble. wink)