The forums moved on March 1, 2021. Please read this page for more information.

GtG at Spiel, Essen

19 posts / 0 new
Last post
Val
GtG at Spiel, Essen

I understand GtG is going to be at Spiel in Essen this year again. What I can't find however, is the booth info. Where will I be able to find you? :D

Envisioner
Envisioner's picture

On this subject, >G...if you're going to be in Germany, you might see if you can get a chance to talk to the guy who runs Yucata.de - it's a pretty good (not spectacular, but certainly not bad for something that a hobbyist and his buddies do in their spare time) site which runs online implementations of various games.  I have no idea what the financial implications are for the game companies who license content to Yucata, but a fairly large number of them have done so (admittedly, with the exception of an outdated version of AEG's Thunderstone, these are virtually all single-box eurogames, which probably have a very different business model from an expandable card game).  I'm not saying it's definitely something you should do, it has a lot of the same issues as Vassal and thus you would have to think about where you want to go with it, but I think it's something that would be worth exploring in the vein of "free advertising".  If it doesn't work for SOTM itself, it might eventually work for Sentinels: Tactics on the same basis as it does for various other board games (I say this knowing nothing about how Tactics works, so it also might not work, I'm just throwing it out there).

"Is there beauty in a forest, if no creature stops and calls it lovely, now and then? Isn't that what 'sapience' is for?"
--David Brin, "Brightness Reef"

Paul
Paul's picture
Admin

We will be at: Hall 2, Booth E132

“Many of the truths we cling to depend greatly on our own point of view.” ~Obi-Wan Kenobi

aruwen

I wanted to ask if you by any chance bring copies of Sentinels to the fair to buy (base set and/or expansions) ?

Paul
Paul's picture
Admin

@aruwen

Yes, we will! In fact, we'll even have a very limited number of copies of Rook City and Infernal Relics with us!

“Many of the truths we cling to depend greatly on our own point of view.” ~Obi-Wan Kenobi

aruwen

Paul wrote:

@aruwenYes, we will! In fact, we'll even have a very limited number of copies of Rook City and Infernal Relics with us!

uh, that sounds awesome, waiting for ages to play/own the game - any chance I can reserve a copy of em all for pickup on thursday? :)

Paul
Paul's picture
Admin

@aruwen

Unfortunately, we cannot take reservations. However, if you come by at some point on Thursday we will likely have some left.

aruwen

Will be my second stop on Thursday morning then, cheers

arenson9
arenson9's picture
ModeratorPlaytester

Paul wrote:

We will be at: Hall 2, Booth E132

Essen Hall Maps 2013

http://boardgamegeek.com/thread/1051666/hall-plans-2013-are-online-with-detailed-maps

Hi. My name's Andy. Feel free to call me Andy, since, ya know, that's my name. (he/him/his)

If I am not for myself, who will be for me? If not now, when? If I am for myself alone, what am I? -- Hillel

JRunner

Will you have also other expansions at your booth? Shattered Timelines maybe or... maybe Wrath of the Cosmos (ah no, that's probably too early... isn't it) ?

Grats, JRunner

Julia
Playtester

JRunner wrote:

Will you have also other expansions at your booth? Shattered Timelines maybe or... maybe Wrath of the Cosmos (ah no, that's probably too early... isn't it) ?

This is last years thread. They said they won't be attending Essen this year, because the date is really close to PAX AUS. At least I believe that was the reason.

Semper ludens.

Paul
Paul's picture
Admin

Unfortunately, we won't be at Essen Spiel this year. The way we have done it in the past, it has been by far the most expensive and lowest value show for us, which includes PAX Aus.

However, we are very sad about missing the show, in particular all of the amazing people who volunteered in our booth and hung out with us last year. We plan to come back to Essen at some point for the show, and are also looking at other convention options in Europe.

Silverleaf
Silverleaf's picture
PlaytesterBolster Allies

We totally need a big UK con.

Just assume I'm always doing that.

Damn it, Ronway!

jagarciao
jagarciao's picture

Get on it, Silverleaf!!  If you build it, we will go!!

Julia
Playtester

Silverleaf wrote:

We totally need a big UK con.

I run a UK gaming convention, and from that experience I will now predict that the UK will probably never have a bigger gaming event than the UK Games Expo within the next decade. Unless Nine Worlds tranforms into a huge monster of a con over the next couple of years. 

And now 10 minutes of awkward silence for Gen Con UK. devil

Semper ludens.

Paul
Paul's picture
Admin

Julia wrote:

I run a UK gaming convention, and from that experience I will now predict that the UK will probably never have a bigger gaming event than the UK Games Expo within the next decade. Unless Nine Worlds tranforms into a huge monster of a con over the next couple of years. 

Unless PAX decides to have a show in the UK. There were no gaming conventions in Australia even as big as the UK Games Expo until PAX Aus last year, and PAX Aus will be much bigger this year than last. The reason why those shows are so big is because they combine all kinds of gaming (video games, card games, board games, war games, etc), and have a track record of being very well run.

Now, I don't know that they'll actually do that, but if the do, we'll go :)

Dawn_Mage
Dawn_Mage's picture

Paul wrote:

Unfortunately, we won't be at Essen Spiel this year. The way we have done it in the past, it has been by far the most expensive and lowest value show for us, which includes PAX Aus.However, we are very sad about missing the show, in particular all of the amazing people who volunteered in our booth and hung out with us last year. We plan to come back to Essen at some point for the show, and are also looking at other convention options in Europe.

i realy hope you will come to Europe again somtime.

it doesent need to be Essen, i know that Essen has it problems and it will probebly never change.

if you ever dicide to go somewere close to The Netherlands plz let me know.

keep up the good work!

The Game is on.

Paul
Paul's picture
Admin

We will definitely come to Europe again some time.

Silverleaf
Silverleaf's picture
PlaytesterBolster Allies

I approve of this. :)

Just assume I'm always doing that.

Damn it, Ronway!