The forums moved on March 1, 2021. Please read this page for more information.

Google Hangout tonight!

26 posts / 0 new
Last post
Christopher
Christopher's picture
AdminGame Designer
Google Hangout tonight!

In about half an hour, I'm going to be doing a Google Hangout thing with the Damsels of Dorkington.

Here's the event page.

Come join us for this - it'll be just a Q & A sort of thing, and you can submit your own questions in the Hangout feed, so drop in and help make it awesome!

This is their Google Plus page.  I'm new to this whole Google Plus thing - so much social media!

"Your goodness must have some edge to it — else it is none."
 - Ralph Waldo Emerson

kirioni

Long live the winner of the hat-off! Fun times and I look forward to hearing more about "what is next"!

Christopher
Christopher's picture
AdminGame Designer

That went pretty well, minus all the technical difficulties.

Here's the video!

Thanks to anyone and everyone that stopped by.

- Ralph Waldo Emerson

The_Densetsu
Playtester

Hm, we should use the google hangout thingie to play Sentinels over the INTERWEBS!

Ronway
Ronway's picture
PlaytesterTruth Seeker

I wish I could of been on there to see it live, but sadly it just happened to be on the day I also started evening shift. At least I can watch the video and see what I missed out on.

Matchstickman
Matchstickman's picture
Playtester

Damnit! The one night I decide to get an earlier night than usual, I must have missed this announcement by minutes. Ah well, I can view the video thing and lament what could have been.

Stop lurking, it makes you look like a villain target
When you do things right, people won’t be sure you’ve done anything at all

Temporary image until an H emoticon is added!

Christopher
Christopher's picture
AdminGame Designer

Matchstickman wrote:
Damnit! The one night I decide to get an earlier night than usual, I must have missed this announcement by minutes. Ah well, I can view the video thing and lament what could have been.

Yeah, you could have watched my internet connection repeatedly drop out live!  *still bitter*

- Ralph Waldo Emerson

Matchstickman
Matchstickman's picture
Playtester

But I could have had the honour of having half a question answered before you dropped again, when will I ever have an opportunity like that again? (apart from pretty much everyday here on the boards)

EDIT: Not that I can think of any questions now, curse you brain!

Rabit
Rabit's picture
ModeratorPlaytester

Ha! That was hilarious. They actually brought up the picture from Origins. ;D I'm assuming you didn't want to derail the conversation with a commentary on sexist gaming marketing... ;)

Glad to hear the announcements around the points, the new game, etc. :D

It definitely looked like the technical issues were causing frustration. I can't imagine trying to keep my head in that conversation while being dropped like that. Video conferencing is hard enough, as everyone keeps stepping on each other.

And you have far too many hats in your house. ;)

And I love that they (and you) quoted the best television show ever: Firefly.  8)

"See, this is another sign of your tragic space dementia, all paranoid and crotchety. Breaks the heart." - Mal

Unicode U+24BD gets us Ⓗ. (Thanks, Godai!)

Ronway
Ronway's picture
PlaytesterTruth Seeker

Haha! At least I will be at Kantcon for just one day (Friday) and i'll be sure to bring a full list of questions that I will be asking. You won't even have time to demo the game. Or I could just have them all written down and i'll give you a pen and you could answer them that way and i'll demo the game, mwahaha! At least the essence of Ronway won't be seen in public again until GenCon 2013.

Dryden
Dryden's picture
Playtester

Very impressive hat collection Chris and have fun at Gen Con :) I know you guys will be the talk of the night. Oh and have fun getting waisted at Germany my last visit there I did not do much drinking since I was there for pre mobilization so let us know how it is out there  ;D

Tamar

Over half those hats weren't even his! Just sayin'.  #TotallyRelevant

I am the Bad Wolf. I create myself.
I take the words. I scatter them in time... and space.
A message to lead myself here.

McBehrer
McBehrer's picture
Playtester

Dat box. Do want.

McBehrer is the sole winner of this game... And McBehrer, I would step carefully should you find your way down dark alleys. More than one vote said simply, "McBehrer must die."

McBehrer confirmed to be Biomancer!
-- Trajector

Christopher
Christopher's picture
AdminGame Designer

McBehrer wrote:
Dat box. Do want.

See, and I would have thought you'd rather have this box:

But if you prefer the other, that's fine...

- Ralph Waldo Emerson

arenson9
arenson9's picture
ModeratorPlaytester

Wow. That is _gorgeous_.

Hi. My name's Andy. Feel free to call me Andy, since, ya know, that's my name. (he/him/his)

If I am not for myself, who will be for me? If not now, when? If I am for myself alone, what am I? -- Hillel

Christopher
Christopher's picture
AdminGame Designer

I agree. I'm ridiculously enamored of it. I mean, it's our product and all that, but DAMN. LOOK AT THAT BOX!

So proud.

- Ralph Waldo Emerson

Matchstickman
Matchstickman's picture
Playtester

Christopher wrote:
I agree. I'm ridiculously enamored of it. I mean, it's our product and all that, but DAMN. LOOK AT THAT BOX!

So proud.

Arg!

I wasn't going to buy the enhanced edition, I have the original, how good could the new one be?
But that box does promise all new excitement and superheroics... so conflicted now!

Ronway
Ronway's picture
PlaytesterTruth Seeker

Wow... Actually seeing the box with the art is just so awesome. Can't wait to get my little fingers on my own.

UXM266
UXM266's picture
PlaytesterUnique Capabilities

Christopher wrote:

McBehrer wrote:
Dat box. Do want.

See, and I would have thought you'd rather have this box:

But if you prefer the other, that's fine...

You and you excessive teasing... why can't it be September...

I THOUGHT I was the the last Scion but it's actually .....

Rabit
Rabit's picture
ModeratorPlaytester

Matchstickman wrote:
I wasn't going to buy the enhanced edition, I have the original, how good could the new one be?
But that box does promise all new excitement and superheroics... so conflicted now!

You could just get the Upgrade Kit ($9.95 preordered via the online store). :)

"See, this is another sign of your tragic space dementia, all paranoid and crotchety. Breaks the heart." - Mal

ketigid

The problem with this box is, it will not hold the cards from the next expansion.

Rabit
Rabit's picture
ModeratorPlaytester

ketigid wrote:
The problem with this box is, it will not hold the cards from the next expansion.

Not sure what you mean by "next expansion"; the box will hold the cards from the Enhanced Edition, Rook City, Infernal Relics (which is currently the "next expansion"), and the promo decks (Unity and Ambuscade), and all the counters provided with the Enhanced Edition.

Yeah, this box won't hold the expansion after that, but seriously, we have to be realistic about our options. :-\ The next box they provide will likely have enough space to hold another few sets.

It's not like we can get a constantly-expanding box that'll fit every set as it comes out. ;)

kirioni

I actually got two of the upgrade kits just for this reason, so I can have tons of space (and can use the nifty boxes Spiff made which are really helpful to show new players the decks and have them choose their character.With two there is plenty of room for Heroes in one box and environments and villains in the other, I try to keep them separated as much as possible "save it for the showdown" and all.

arenson9
arenson9's picture
ModeratorPlaytester

Rabit wrote:
... Enhanced Edition, Rook City, Ancient Relics (which is currently the "next expansion"), and...

*cough* Infernal *cough*

Hi. My name's Andy. Feel free to call me Andy, since, ya know, that's my name. (he/him/his)

If I am not for myself, who will be for me? If not now, when? If I am for myself alone, what am I? -- Hillel

Rabit
Rabit's picture
ModeratorPlaytester

arenson9 wrote:

Rabit wrote:
... Enhanced Edition, Rook City, Ancient Relics (which is currently the "next expansion"), and...

*cough* Infernal *cough*

*sigh* That's what I get for trying to do to many things at the same time...

Fixed.  8)

Ronway
Ronway's picture
PlaytesterTruth Seeker

Rabit wrote:

arenson9 wrote:

Rabit wrote:

*cough* Infernal *cough*

*sigh* That's what I get for trying to do to many things at the same time...

Fixed.  8)

Don't feel too bad, I did the same exact thing a few nights ago. We were talking about Anima and they have an advantage called "Artifact", which I refered to as "Relic" I then got a puzzeled look. Luckily someone else realized what I meant and corrected it.

I was thinking about getting an upgrade kit for down the line but they did say they have plans for storage later so I decided to go ahead and wait on that.