The forums moved on March 1, 2021. Please read this page for more information.

Good teammates for Completionist Guise

8 posts / 0 new
Last post
“Mad Dog”
Good teammates for Completionist Guise

All,

So, I unlocked the " Completionist Guise" variant last night.  While I am not a big Guise fan (sorry Jeff), this variant intrigues me.  I played a few matches with him and found that while he works with some teammates very well, others are not so much a good match.  So, who would you have on Completionist Guise's team and why?

I've come up with a few good combos.

1) Absolute Zero

Start out with "Freedom Five Absolute Zero", get a few ongoing cards in play ("Impale", maybe "Sub-Zero Atmosphere" if it makes sense) and hopefully get a few equipment cards in play at the same time, then switch to base Absolute Zero to heal up from his damage from his F5 innate power or make attacks.

2) The Naturalist

Start with his base character card.  Use his innate power to get a "form" card in play, then immediately switch to "Hunted" variant.  Now he has access to the "form" in play and what he picks from his new innate power.  And if he gets "Natural-Born Vigor" into play, he can really have a lot of options every turn.

What other heroes work well with Completionist Guise?

Powerhound_2000
Powerhound_2000's picture
PlaytesterExceeded Expectations

Just a couple I’ll post real quick

Captain Cosmic.   Use either Base or Requital to get Constructs in play and then switch to XPW or PW versions to take advantage of them. 

Tachyon.  Switching between F5 Tachyon and SST.  SST can quickly get bursts into the trash, switch to F5 to stack the bottom of your deck with bursts, and switch back to SST to have guaranteed experiments.  

Crush your enemies, drive them before you, and laminate their women! - Guise, Prime Wardens #31

rjc917
rjc917's picture
Playtester

First one I thought of when I tested him out was Writhe.  Start with base Writhe to guarantee getting the Shadow Cloak out right away, then switch to Cosmic Inventor, who arguably has the better power.

Freedom Six Tempest and Horus Ra would be decent options too, since you can use their powers to draw more cards at the start and then switch to more useful powers once you have what you need.

Martin Tenbones

Well, F5 Wraith locks in his infinite T1 in most cases (not against Challenge Chokepoint, tho), so that's a thing, albeit one that takes *almost* all the challenge out of the game.  Just add Gritty Reboot and hit yourself in the face with Best Card Ever until you get deck in hand, it'll be much faster and less clicky. 

Blood Mage Lifeline's base power combines nicely with any of Mr Fixers weapons from Lemme See That, especially Jack Handle, and the Cube can feed Guise Lifeline cards if you want to go that route.

Void Akash'thriya?  If she's set up well, lots of damage on the table from copying her power, accelerates him a bit to make up for his lack of OG Guise's innate innate, and Um, Yeah might be interesting with Thrashing Brambles or Primeval Germination in play.  Lots of environment deck shuffles and plays available.  Would starting out as default Akash let her keep the extra 10 hp?

I'm sure there are some amazing Stuntman combos I haven't worked out yet.  Action Hero Stuntman will make the infinite take less repetitions, and I think Um, Yeah on Dramatic Cliffhanger might provide another interesting option within his infinite, Steal the Scene is pretty good, and Total Beefcake with Moving Target should both be pretty effective and an upsetting visual. 

Missingno
Missingno's picture

Really anyone with a card drawing/playing power is good for this either for thier self setup or just supporting the team until everyone's ready to go.  Legacy and his 4 varients with rocking powers is especially great.

I'll put things in here later.

TakeWalker
TakeWalker's picture

Fanatic.

Here's how it works.

You start with Xtreme Fanatic. She uses her power, targets something, probably the villain, and gets switched to Prime Wardens Fanatic on Guise's turn. He also uses her power to target most likely that same target.

The next round, Fanatic uses Resolute, deals 3 radiant damage to the target she's locked on to, plays the top card of her deck and gives someone else a power. And then Guise switches her back to Xtreme Fanatic, and does the exact same thing.

You keep that up long enough, nothing will survive. :D

darkroydante
darkroydante's picture

Luminay to play lots of devices, then switch to Heroic for the damage. If your board gets wiped, switch back. 

"Hey team, it's two 4 runes!"

payprplayn

TakeWalker wrote:
Fanatic.
Here's how it works.
You start with Xtreme Fanatic. She uses her power, targets something, probably the villain, and gets switched to Prime Wardens Fanatic on Guise's turn. He also uses her power to target most likely that same target.
The next round, Fanatic uses Resolute, deals 3 radiant damage to the target she's locked on to, plays the top card of her deck and gives someone else a power. And then Guise switches her back to Xtreme Fanatic, and does the exact same thing.
You keep that up long enough, nothing will survive. :D

I think this one may be bugged in my game. It seems like if I use extreme fanatic's power with guise, it cancels the redirection from her. If, on the other hand, I choose the 2 psychic damage, fanatic continues to redirect. welp, guess it's time to submit a bug report.