The forums moved on March 1, 2021. Please read this page for more information.

Glamour's Redirect Clarification

5 posts / 0 new
Last post
mpaulclemons
Glamour's Redirect Clarification

It was clarified already in this thread that Glamour only redirects cards with the Nemesis keyword, not every enemy with a nemesis icon. However, I pose a different question...her card states: "The first time a nemesis card would be dealt damage by a Hero Target each turn, redirect that damage to the Hero Target with the highest HP."

Would you go by the same ruling for Combat Stance and Flame Barrier and say that if multiple Heroes attacked her in the same turn (like say the Sentinels playing a card to have two of their Heroes attack her) she would redirect both attacks since it would be considered "the first time" for each particular Hero?

Another question, what if there are multiple Nemesis cards (say all the other members of the Slaughterhouse Six) and you do an AOE with something like Tempest's base power that will hit all the Nemesis cards? Would each hit to each individual Nemesis card be redirected (since it would technically be "the first time" for that particular Nemesis card), or only the first Nemesis hit with his base power?

My friends and I were trying to figure out and finally settled on her being able to redirecting all of it (in both scenarios I posed above), but that does make her SIGNIFICANTLY more powerful than she originally seemed, at least to us. Makes it nearly impossible to kill any of the Slaughterhouse Six once she comes out with certain team set ups, but maybe that's how it's supposed to be, and to be fair we've been playing a lot of 3 person games which always seem harder than a full team of 5...Thoughts?

Reverend Pete

I played it the way you played it (with her redirecting all of it) and she was a pain in the rear, particularly if many of the S6 are out.

But, the heroes still prevailed....so maybe that is the way it's meant to be.

phantaskippy
phantaskippy's picture
Playtester

You did it right both times.

While we tried to limit the negatives of Vengeance this time around, we also tried to provide multiple counters to the all AoE all the time solution to the Vengeance format.

Killswitch
Killswitch's picture
Playtester

She definitely earned the "most broken Villains card" award with my group. I saw methods around the ability, however, and brought hope back to the game and we won, but man is that tough to counter. It should be noted that we didn't have many cards that could hit her multiple times in a turn at the time.

Steam Username: General Specific

You gotta know when to hold 'em,
Know when to fold 'em,
Know when to hold fast
And when to turn loose!

mpaulclemons

Ah ok...I guess that makes sense that she's sort of the counter to AOE. Cause Tempest was simply the win button with the first Vengeance expansion. Still was hard, but he made it WAY easier. And yeah Killswitch, we've been having that problem too...guess my group will just need to be a lot more careful in picking our teams on Vengeance games to have someone to deal with her. Thanks for the help on this one guys, wanted to make sure that we weren't doing her effect wrong!