The forums moved on March 1, 2021. Please read this page for more information.

GenCon package deals?

6 posts / 0 new
Last post
cburke
GenCon package deals?

I'm sure you're still working many details out - but I'm curious if you're considering any kind of "buy everything" deals for customers new to Sentinels at Gencon? (e.g. Enhanced Edition + Rook City + Infernal Relics)

Rabit
Rabit's picture
ModeratorPlaytester

I really doubt it, but I'm not a voice for the company. :-\

As a small company, >G is not pulling in much of a profit - and really anything they have goes right back into the business. They don't have a lot of room to trim off prices to make deals like that, where larger companies are going to be able to make it up in bulk.

In a few years, when SotM expansions are being printed in batches of more than a hundred thousand, I'm betting we'll see those kinds of opportunities! ;)

(But I could be completely wrong - and would be happy to admit it, if that turns out to be the case! 8) )

"See, this is another sign of your tragic space dementia, all paranoid and crotchety. Breaks the heart." - Mal

Unicode U+24BD gets us Ⓗ. (Thanks, Godai!)

ketigid

Just to add, I don't think they're giving out any promo cards with purchase either (they used to give them out for free at conventions). This time, you have to work *really* hard to earn those promos. This means sitting down and playing and winning and having a good time. Man, that's hard work.

cburke

Ok - just wondering, I guess I'll have to wait and see. I like those kind of deals when I'm new to a game and have not yet bought anything. It gives me an excuse to buy it all up front instead of just trying the base set first. I know - I'm rationalizing :-)

My wife also accepts this justification to buy a whole set of something, I bought everything Gary Games (Ascension) was selling last year using this argument :-)

Christopher
Christopher's picture
AdminGame Designer

ketigid wrote:
Just to add, I don't think they're giving out any promo cards with purchase either (they used to give them out for free at conventions). This time, you have to work *really* hard to earn those promos. This means sitting down and playing and winning and having a good time. Man, that's hard work.

Well, when you buy the game, you get Sentinels Points equal to "cost" of the promo cards you would normally get, so you can choose to immediately turn those Sentinels Points into the promos you would normally get, OR you can collect those Sentinels Points and sit and play the game to gain even more and get more/better promos!

Unfortunately, we are not planning on a combined package deal, however, the amount of game/number of cards (and dividers, and tokens...) in each box is very impressive for the low price.  Seriously, where else are you going to get 578 card, especially with so little repetition, plus divider cards and tokens, for only $40?

"Your goodness must have some edge to it — else it is none."
 - Ralph Waldo Emerson

Rabit
Rabit's picture
ModeratorPlaytester

Christopher wrote:
Well, when you buy the game, you get Sentinels Points equal to "cost" of the promo cards you would normally get, so you can choose to immediately turn those Sentinels Points into the promos you would normally get, OR you can collect those Sentinels Points and sit and play the game to gain even more and get more/better promos!

I really like this, as some folks might already have the promos (for various reasons) and don't need more of them, or they might have something else that they want even more.

This makes a lot of sense. Great idea! :D

"See, this is another sign of your tragic space dementia, all paranoid and crotchety. Breaks the heart." - Mal

Unicode U+24BD gets us Ⓗ. (Thanks, Godai!)