The forums moved on March 1, 2021. Please read this page for more information.

GenCon 2012 (Indianapolis, 16-19 Aug)

13 posts / 0 new
Last post
Rabit
Rabit's picture
ModeratorPlaytester
GenCon 2012 (Indianapolis, 16-19 Aug)

As GenCon creeps closer and closer, readying itself for a violent and exciting pounce before wandering away for another year, I thought we should check in to see who might be attending. After all, this is the 1-year anniversary of Sentinels of the Multiverse! :o

With the hopes of putting more faces to names, I was curious when folks are going to be around. I'm going to be at the >G booth all day Thursday, Friday, and Saturday, with possible short wanders about the hall to see what else is going on. (Unfortunately, I can't make it Sunday.)

I'm planning on putting "Rabit on >G" on both sides of my name badge; if you see that, you'll know it's me. (Feel free to run away, scream in fear, or whatever else seems like an appropriate response. ;) )

How about you? Are you going to be at GenCon? When will you be there?

Looking forward to the opportunity to meet some (more) of you!  :D

"See, this is another sign of your tragic space dementia, all paranoid and crotchety. Breaks the heart." - Mal

Unicode U+24BD gets us Ⓗ. (Thanks, Godai!)

Christopher
Christopher's picture
AdminGame Designer

I'll be there!  ;D

"Your goodness must have some edge to it — else it is none."
 - Ralph Waldo Emerson

awp832
Playtester

I'll be there.  My first GenCon,  looking forward to it.    Will probably spend a lot of time in the Sentinels booth, unless I get distracted by other things.

"He robbed from the rich and he-
gave to the poor.
Stood up to the Man and he-
gave him what for. 
Our love for him now,
aint hard to explain,
the hero of Canton,
the man they call "Jayne""

Craig
Craig's picture
Admin

I'll be there as an official Minion. Super stoked! Expect to see me a lot.

Twitter: imprimis5. Follow away!

Tegulus

If we didn't have a seven month old daughter, I would have tried to convince my wife to go. Maybe in a few years if the little one shows an interest.

Koga
Koga's picture
Playtester

I'll be there Thurs - Sat. I'll probably wear my hat that says Koga, haven't worn it in a while. Got it made at Cedar Point several years ago.

Card Templates
Champions Online: Koga_Wolfe

Gnipp
Playtester

My friends and I will be driving down on Wednesday and we will be there through Sunday.  If you ever need to find me I will be running events for Fantasy Flight Games.  And in my non running times I'm hoping to get a game or 2 of SOTM in. 

Blossercubbles
Blossercubbles's picture

I've finally managed to slither my way into GenCon this year, so I'll be around each day. I'll be working a (non-GTG) booth every morning, and two of the four days will be cut short due to a play I'm in having rehearsals those nights, but my excitement cannot be quelled!

I fall up the stairs.

"Right, Left, Right, Left! Chu! Chu! Chu!

Rabit
Rabit's picture
ModeratorPlaytester

ARG! :-(

We lost the poll results.

Well, the Con starts in less then 24 hours - looking forward to seeing folks!

"See, this is another sign of your tragic space dementia, all paranoid and crotchety. Breaks the heart." - Mal

Unicode U+24BD gets us Ⓗ. (Thanks, Godai!)

EvanDan55
EvanDan55's picture
Playtester

I'm so excited, I can barely wait! I hope I don't have to stand in line as long as I did last year to get my badge. But I'll see everyone tomorrow!

You're free to do whatever you want to.

TheJayMann
TheJayMann's picture
Playtester

It was a nice long line for Will Call earlier today (I should know, I stood at the back of the line for the first three hours).  Though, I'm told it was nowhere near as long as last year.  Also, given that it will be open at all hours, that should give relief to people collecting Thursday.

If anyone is interested, I will be checking badges Thursday at the J entrance (though not sure why anyone would be interested).  (Blah, still no Alt + S for post...)

Do good, I? No! Evil anon I deliver, I maim nine more hero men in Miami, sanitary sword a-tuck, carol I. Lo! Rack, cut a drowsy rat in Aswan. I gas nine more hero men in Saginaw. Reviled I, Nona, live on. I do... o, God!

Koga
Koga's picture
Playtester

I made the mistake of waiting too long one year and had to pick up my tickets, though it only took me about 30 minutes to go through the line, pretty sure it was last year on the Wednesday. Though not sure what time of day I picked them up as that could change how long it takes, but think it was later in the day after most people had gotten them already. Made sure to order them in time this year to be mailed to me. Now only need to pick up a grab bag sometime.

Card Templates
Champions Online: Koga_Wolfe

TheJayMann
TheJayMann's picture
Playtester

No grab bag, just a coupon book.  Though, most of the things you'd normally get in the grab bag previously are coupons you turn in to vendors, thus making this year a bring your own bag.

Do good, I? No! Evil anon I deliver, I maim nine more hero men in Miami, sanitary sword a-tuck, carol I. Lo! Rack, cut a drowsy rat in Aswan. I gas nine more hero men in Saginaw. Reviled I, Nona, live on. I do... o, God!