The forums moved on March 1, 2021. Please read this page for more information.

Gaming Hoopla (Southern WI)

1 post / 0 new
Belteshazzar
Gaming Hoopla (Southern WI)

http://www.gaminghoopla.com/

A friend of mine just asked me if I wanted to join him for this the other day, so I couldn't register as a judge (or see if a >G rep wanted to make the trip and do so), but there's a charity gaming event in Janesville, WI (between Madison, WI and Rockford, IL) the weekend of 4/19-4/21. There's a registration fee and a bunch of raffles, I believe, with all the proceeds going to someone's Relay for Life team, which supports the American Cancer Society.

I'll be there on Saturday with a buddy, and while they have a schedule of all the games they're hosting, there will apparently be a bunch of open tables for playing other games, and the website says they'll have the full GenCon game library. I'm going to bring my sleeved copy of Sentinels + Rook City in case their copy is in use, and hopefully I'll spread the good news of SotM to the gamers of South Central (Wisconsin).

If anyone is local and wants to meet there, or if someone's in the Milwaukee area and wants to carpool, it looks like a fun event for a good cause. I think my friend went last year and said it was fun... they have a game exchange, a couple tournaments set up, and I think I saw an event for guidance with using Kickstarter to fund your game. (I, for one, think it would be hilarious if a >G rep showed up and sat in on the Kickstarter event.) Check out the schedule to see if anything tickles your fancy; we registered for the afternoon session of one game but plan on floating the rest of the time (and yes, definitely playing SotM).