The forums moved on March 1, 2021. Please read this page for more information.

Gaming at PAX East 2014

10 posts / 0 new
Last post
Craig
Craig's picture
Admin
Gaming at PAX East 2014

Hey everyone. PAX East is coming up in just a couple short weeks! I know, like a couple other folks here, I'm going to be busting my hump at the >G booth, setting up all sorts of amazing demos. However, given the role I will likely have, it's unlikely that I'll actually get to play much during convention hours. That just won't stand, so I'm taking matter into my own hands.

After hours gaming! Foote and I have already been talking about getting together in the evening for some fun. We'll both have our copies of GSF, and I think there's even a chance that there might be a Tactics prototype in attendance.

Anyone here who will be at the con, or even local to Boston, who wants to join us?

Full disclosure: I do have at least one or two nights that I will be occupied until 7 or so with Unpub, playtesting my own game. That takes precedence to other gaming. Sorry. But afterward!

Twitter: imprimis5. Follow away!

Braithwhite
Braithwhite's picture
AdminPlaytester

I'll be there!

I do Enforcer stuff in the mornings, but afterwards I'll likely be helping out at the booth.  Once that closes, I'm always up for gaming (unless there is a truly awesome concert).

Craig
Craig's picture
Admin

Braithwhite wrote:

I'll be there!I do Enforcer stuff in the mornings, but afterwards I'll likely be helping out at the booth.  Once that closes, I'm always up for gaming (unless there is a truly awesome concert).

Fantastic! It's on!

Twitter: imprimis5. Follow away!

Paul
Paul's picture
Admin

Also! If anyone wants to meet up in Boston, we might have some free time on Wednesday or Thursday, depending on when we get the booth set up. If we do, the company will tweet about it (@GTGamesLLC), as will I (@GTGPaul).

“Many of the truths we cling to depend greatly on our own point of view.” ~Obi-Wan Kenobi

Foote
Foote's picture
PlaytesterHarmony

Yay plans!

phantaskippy
phantaskippy's picture
Playtester

I don't know if any of my friends will sant to do anything, but it is possible I could be available.  I would love to hang out and throw down some Tactics, or get to check out GSF.

Foote
Foote's picture
PlaytesterHarmony

There is a bar around me in philly that is tabletop friendly, I go in there and play games with friends regularly. Maybe there is a local watering hole with a good size table we can post up at? I have Bruins fans to heckle, so thats a way to kill two birds with one stone for me

HikariStarshine
Playtester

OK, not totally completely on topic, but how does one go about volunteering for the >G booth at a con, and are there any perks besides 'spend time with the >G guys'? I'm usually a PAX Prime congoer, so lots of time before it's a concern for me...

arenson9
arenson9's picture
ModeratorPlaytester

HikariStarshine wrote:

OK, not totally completely on topic, but how does one go about volunteering for the >G booth at a con, and are there any perks besides 'spend time with the >G guys'? I'm usually a PAX Prime congoer, so lots of time before it's a concern for me...

They have been putting out a call for volunteers in these forums: https://greaterthangames.com/forum/topic/volun-tiers-for-2013-convention...

Hi. My name's Andy. Feel free to call me Andy, since, ya know, that's my name. (he/him/his)

If I am not for myself, who will be for me? If not now, when? If I am for myself alone, what am I? -- Hillel

Oaktree
Oaktree's picture

Foote wrote:

There is a bar around me in philly that is tabletop friendly, I go in there and play games with friends regularly. Maybe there is a local watering hole with a good size table we can post up at? I have Bruins fans to heckle, so thats a way to kill two birds with one stone for me

OOO... gamer friendly bar in Philly.  surprise  Care to divulge it's name and address?