The forums moved on March 1, 2021. Please read this page for more information.

GALACTIC STAT FORCE!

3 posts / 0 new
Last post
BlueHairedMeerkat
BlueHairedMeerkat's picture
Playtester
GALACTIC STAT FORCE!

So previously I've calculated how many possible configurations of Sentinels exist (see https://greaterthangames.com/forum/topic/statistics-with-a-vengeance-4672), and now I have a GSF it's time to do MORE STATS! :D

So, let's start with the heroes! There are 10C2 = 10 x 9 / 2 = 45 two-ship teams, 10C3 = 120 three-ship teams, 10C4 = 210 four-ship teams, 10C5 = 252 five-ship teams and 10C6 = 210 six-ship teams, so we have a grand total of 837 Strike Force permutations. With Volneth, we have twelve sectors, and thus 12C3 = 220 combinations of sectors. Finally, five opposition forces with two difficulties each give 10 villains total. So 837 x 220 x 10 = 1,841,400 possible games. That is a very large number!

“You gotta have blue hair."
-Reckless

Pydro
Pydro's picture
ModeratorPlaytester

Wow.

Civilized men are more discourteous than savages because they know they can be impolite without having their skulls split, as a general thing.
-Robert E. Howard, "The Tower of the Elephant"

IKerensky

Hum... I think that is a very high THEORICAL number, but I will remove the sectors from the equation because they definitely doesnt impact the game the same way the Environment deck do (except perhaps 1 or 2 of them).