The forums moved on March 1, 2021. Please read this page for more information.

From looking at the playmat...

12 posts / 0 new
Last post
Katsue
Katsue's picture
From looking at the playmat...

...it appears there's no designated area for a Station discard pile. Does that mean that Opposition Boosts are scrapped when played? What happens when a Sector is empty of Station cards?

Spiff
Spiff's picture
PlaytesterExceeded ExpectationsUnique Capabilities

Good question.

BTW, that GSF playmat looks great.

Spiff's SotM site: www.spiffworld.com/sotm

Ronway
Ronway's picture
PlaytesterTruth Seeker

The Station Scrap is over the left right next to the Strike Force Scrap, or under it rather. Can't answer the next one as that's gameplay and I don't have the permissions to answer such things.

Katsue
Katsue's picture

Ronway wrote:

The Station Scrap is over the left right next to the Strike Force Scrap, or under it rather.

Well, I was under the impression that the Scrap was like Dominion's Trash, a place where cards go to die, rather than a discard pile. Certainly, the Strike Force Scrap appears to be like that.

Ronway
Ronway's picture
PlaytesterTruth Seeker

Sorry, not big on deck building so I tend to see scrap and discard as the same thing quite a bit. Yes after the Opposition uses a boost they send it to the scrap as they no longer have a use for it. They don't want to crowd up their deck with boost when they could be playing ships.

TheJayMann
TheJayMann's picture
Playtester

I'm not afraid to tell him what happens due to secrecy, as I think it's something that should be in the rules (just like the question about how tokens are removes from techs). Rather, I'm afraid to tell him because I think the current rule for what happens is still volatile and may change, as the rule as "written" still causes a few issues in a few edge cases.

Do good, I? No! Evil anon I deliver, I maim nine more hero men in Miami, sanitary sword a-tuck, carol I. Lo! Rack, cut a drowsy rat in Aswan. I gas nine more hero men in Saginaw. Reviled I, Nona, live on. I do... o, God!

Paul
Paul's picture
Admin

I'm not afraid to tell for any reason!

When a station card is scrapped, it goes into the Station Scrap. When a sector runs out of station cards, cards from the station scrap are recycled back into the sector.

“Many of the truths we cling to depend greatly on our own point of view.” ~Obi-Wan Kenobi

TheJayMann
TheJayMann's picture
Playtester

The edge case problem with this are if at least two sectors are depleted evenly, one sector runs out of cards, all scrapped cards are replenished on that sector, then the other sector depletes, but there are now few to no remaining cards to replenish. Unless the amount to replenish is limited somehow (such as to shuffle the scrap and replenish 30 cards).

Do good, I? No! Evil anon I deliver, I maim nine more hero men in Miami, sanitary sword a-tuck, carol I. Lo! Rack, cut a drowsy rat in Aswan. I gas nine more hero men in Saginaw. Reviled I, Nona, live on. I do... o, God!

Paul
Paul's picture
Admin

A depleted station is replentished with half of the station scrap.

“Many of the truths we cling to depend greatly on our own point of view.” ~Obi-Wan Kenobi

TheJayMann
TheJayMann's picture
Playtester

Well, while an edge case (or, at this point, corner case) is still possible with this, it would be so rare and would almost be required to be intentional such that there would be no real need to handle it.

Katsue
Katsue's picture

Paul wrote:

When a station card is scrapped, it goes into the Station Scrap.

Does that include station cards that have been purchased by players and subsequently scrapped for whatever reason?

Pydro
Pydro's picture
ModeratorPlaytester

Yep.

Civilized men are more discourteous than savages because they know they can be impolite without having their skulls split, as a general thing.
-Robert E. Howard, "The Tower of the Elephant"