The forums moved on March 1, 2021. Please read this page for more information.

Friendly Fire

9 posts / 0 new
Last post
mightyschoop
Friendly Fire

The scenarios in the Baron Blade book say "when Baron Blade incapacitates a hero" blah blah blah happens. 

If a hero is incapped by friendly fire, does that count?

Say Wraith is at 1 health. Bunker pings her with a Flak cannon to prevent Blade from getting an easy kill and a bonus whatever. That legal?

Ronway
Ronway's picture
PlaytesterTruth Seeker

Since Baron Blade is the one who needs to do the incap, heroes incapping eachother would not give Baron Blade the Scenario Bonus. But remember, The Wraith still rolls her defense and it is entirely possible she would block of Bunker's attack dice.

peterrecore

But remember, The Wraith still rolls her defense and it is entirely possible she would block of Bunker's attack dice.

Does that mean blocking optimally is required?  The rules (page 9) say "The defender *may* assign each defense die to block an attack die..."  I interpret this as explicitly giving the defender a choice of whether to block or not.  As in the case mentioned above, it can be strategically sound to not block, on occasion.

I have a followup question though - since the scenario does specify that Blade has to the incapping in order to reap the bonus, does that mean Blade himself needs to do it, or will I get a bonus if my turret does the incapping?

Nota

As per the rules as they are written, you don't have to assign all the defense dice after you roll them.

phantaskippy
phantaskippy's picture
Playtester

Yeah, that looks like an intentional change from Playtesting.

Man that is a huge buff to Proletariat.  He's going to be crazy hard to incap.

eggroll20xd6
eggroll20xd6's picture
Playtester

peterrecore wrote:

I have a followup question though - since the scenario does specify that Blade has to the incapping in order to reap the bonus, does that mean Blade himself needs to do it, or will I get a bonus if my turret does the incapping?

If it is the 3rd Scenario that you are talking about, I counted each incap by a turret or otherwise as part of Blade's incap due to he has to put them out for them to even work.  The only one I might be iffy on would be the batallion members.

Go forth noble heroes!

phantaskippy
phantaskippy's picture
Playtester

Heroes get credit if Unity's Bots incap the villain, Villain gets credit if his turrets or minions do the incapping.

kitmehsu
kitmehsu's picture
Playtester

Ronway wrote:

Since Baron Blade is the one who needs to do the incap, heroes incapping eachother would not give Baron Blade the Scenario Bonus. But remember, The Wraith still rolls her defense and it is entirely possible she would block of Bunker's attack dice.

are you absolutely sure about that?  Incaping allies to avoid the scenario rules for incaps seams like rule cheesing.

phantaskippy
phantaskippy's picture
Playtester

Some scenarios state that a hero incap results in whatever, others specify it has to be the villain.

You can always rule friendly fire incaps to count the same to prevent shenanigans, but it isn't against the rules right now.